Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jd21

EVDO Speed Is Too Slow As Like 1X

my evdo speed is too slow like 1x speed.

am a very new user in cdma and noob in everything in cdma. just fewdays back bought htc evo 3d cdma. all the settings are preinstalled for evdo by the seller.

if i connect to internet, i can see 3g icon and signal also good upto 4-5(6) bars but, speed is like 1x only. i don't why? in evdo settings "Automatic" is selected. so, i can findout which tower currently i am on thru "cellular network widget pro". most of the time am on 3g tower(rev. A) only. but i can't see any speed increase even a single time above 14-17KBps download speed. even if i change my place/town the same results without any change.

anything am missing here or i've to do some tweaks or change any settings. plz, guide or help me to go in correct way for better 3g speed.

What is the ping time shown in Speed Test app for the nearest location? Try Kochi and Chennai as you are from Tirunelveli.

i tested with speedtest app many times, for ping, mostly kochi is selected, each and every time ping time is b/n 700+ - 990+. i didn't see a lower value than this.

if i use 3g, my mobile gets hot too much. i can feel the heat near back cameras and upside. i didn't feel this much of hot even while playing hd games continuously.

is it normal for every htc evo 3d or mine is faulty. plz, give some suggestions to overcome from these issues.

It looks like EVDO is not yet activated and you are connected to 1x itself. EVO 3D will show 3G even if you are connected to 1x if you have the EVDO PRL. Contact your handset seller to check the EVDO activation status.

evdo already activated, was confirmed by the seller and the CC also.

So check with the seller why it isn't connecting to EVDO.

contacted seller abt this. he told me evdo is activated in your mobile u can use internet without ane issues, thats all from the seller side.

ok, if i want to ask seller what i've to ask regarding this evdo.

Show the test results. Who is your seller?

This may be matter of configuration only,,, May be its using 1x user password only and not switching to evdo...

Ask your seller to re-configure your phone... It may help... I had the same kind of issue...

Just a thought in my mind... Is there evdo coverage in your city?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^

If EVDO coverage not there 3g icon not shown,

He is shown 3g icon tower

^^^^

If EVDO coverage not there 3g icon not shown,

He is shown 3g icon tower

On EVO 3D by Default it will Show 3G Sybold & its with Almost All Sprint phones even if its 1x

Edited by parin
  • Like 1

Even in my place the speeds are very.slow. It is about 125-225 kbps at all times only.

in my office the speed is slow on my Dinc Two AND my Sprint Evo View tablet. Dinc hunts between 3g and 1x, tablet shows constant 3g and IS faster. Both buffer youtube.

At home, both have higher speed, sometimes running youtube without buffering.

@all thanx for ur replies and experience with ur 3g speeds,

onething i've to remember here, in epst settings if i select cdma only, i can see only the 1x icon. but, i get constant connection. if automatic is selected, icons switch b/n 1x and 3g. frequent disconnections in this mode sometimes i've to reconnect or switch b/n airplane mode to normal and then reconnect.

i use this widget,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gdip.android.phonecenterpro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImdkaXAuYW5kcm9pZC5waG9uZWNlbnRlcnBybyJd

it shows currently in which tower we are connected to(1x/rev. 0/rev. A/unknown). most of the time i connected in 3g tower(rev. A) by referring the percentage.

i contacted the seller abt the settings related, called the CC also and gave a complaint to solve my 3g connectivity issue.

Pl post (or atleast tell) the speedtest result. The max speed that you are getting.

SInce the network info is shown as 1x EVDO Rev A, it appears to be genuine EVDO and probably the problem is from network side.

The presence of 3G icon does not necessarily indicate that you are on EVDO network. I too used to have the similar 3G icon on my Nexus S even before it had been configured. However, now that my settings have been configured, I find both 3G and 1X appearing depending on the available network. The ping speeds seem to suggest that your handset is not configured correctly yet. If the dealer is local, then maybe approach him and get the handset configured correctly else speak to him and ask him to configure the phone for you using maybe teamviewer.

Regards

Rahul

I've Photon and it shows 3G only whether I'm 1x or evdo...

Just speed changes according to network...

sent from Motorola Photon 4G

Show the test results. Who is your seller?

@all thanx for ur replies and experience with ur 3g speeds,

onething i've to remember here, in epst settings if i select cdma only, i can see only the 1x icon. but, i get constant connection. if automatic is selected, icons switch b/n 1x and 3g. frequent disconnections in this mode sometimes i've to reconnect or switch b/n airplane mode to normal and then reconnect.

i use this widget,

https://play.google....WNlbnRlcnBybyJd

it shows currently in which tower we are connected to(1x/rev. 0/rev. A/unknown). most of the time i connected in 3g tower(rev. A) by referring the percentage.

i contacted the seller abt the settings related, called the CC also and gave a complaint to solve my 3g connectivity issue.

Our Administrator asked you a Question, Seems u have forgotten to reply his question..

The Reliance network on EVDO is really going from BAD to WORSE. It is giving pathetic EVDO speeds in my city. Earlier I used to constantly get about 1MBps (even that is quite low) but now I never get more than 0.5Mbps at Meerut. Reliance should wake up and pay attention to their network otherwise loyal customers like us will very soon shift from them. A screenshot of the EVDO speed at Meerut on my S2 is attached -

post-18748-0-62951900-1344925935_thumb.p

Comments please especially from Tier 2 city EVDO customers.

Edited by dkaile

Here we don't have the speed issue but the network has become quite whimsical as it switches to 1X multiple times in a day. :angry:

15fnfa0.png

:previous: Tower must be VERY close to you? I got around 2.5 mbps too when I was in Mumbai hotel in Bandra and yes it was showing full signal.

I remember posting thread about EVDO speed long back, in ahmedabad it has been poor since - if not more about 2 years. There are very few locations where speed exceeds 1 Mbps. Most of the time it is 600-800 kbps.

:previous: Tower must be VERY close to you? I got around 2.5 mbps too when I was in Mumbai hotel in Bandra and yes it was showing full signal.

500 meters approx. But even otherwise, speeds are good/bearable in Mumbai at most places.

@dkaile - Sir Sprint Proxy to nahi lagi hui?