Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drmadhu

OTA Update - ICS For HTC Incredible 2 aka S710D China Telecom

Unless you have XTC Clip, there is no way you can use UKB CDMA or Chinese ICS.

Porting won't resolve anything. Developer would still need CDMA STK and Kernel from CT rom if data on cdma card is required.

Issue is with partitions and hboot not supporting new partitions. So S-OFF with hboot 0.98 and flash CT ICS.

--

Sent from Moto Droid 3 on TATA CDMA

Unless you have XTC Clip, there is no way you can use UKB CDMA or Chinese ICS.

Porting won't resolve anything. Developer would still need CDMA STK and Kernel from CT rom if data on cdma card is required.

Issue is with partitions and hboot not supporting new partitions. So S-OFF with hboot 0.98 and flash CT ICS.

--

is it 0.98.00000 or 0.98.00002 or 0.98.20000

one more thing, can you post the procedure how to change Hboot to 0.98 with the hboot and necessary files...

Kapil ji, is there a simple way to avoid downloading and installing OTA updates for Inc2 (like deleting a file using RootExplorer)??? My two friends are happy with GB and are afraid that they may download the OTA and brick their device... The OTA is showing in notification always...

Thanks a lot...

I would suggest you to remove the check from "auto updates/auto check" feature. In settings > about phone > system update to disable auto checking for updates.

Also you can flash custom recovery to above OTA. Updates will download but not flash.

--

• Like 1

I do it(unchecked the automatic update check option) already to avoid ota updates in my hTc Droid Incredible 2..

Btw thanks Kapil ji aka Mr. Incredible!

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Any update for the cdma omh users with Chinese Gingerbread Rom?

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 on MTS

Kapil Bhai,

I am seeing some new Icon next to my signal bar when I connect my headphone. its a "Phone symbol with 5 blocks below it". I searched in google and found that it related to some TTY. byt in my phone there is no setting for TTY.

I am using Incredible 2 with GB chinese ROM with all Chinese apps removed.

the issue is when i call the volume is full always and cant reduce it and the opposite person can not hear my vice properly but I can hear their..

Any idea about this??

I found a leaked ICS rom on XDA. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1846304

i read the thread, every thing is working fine except wifi and data together.

Going to download n try.. will post the result.

evrything is working fine xcept cdma data not checked (which was not working for me in chinese rom also. may be reliance issue)

There are many ROMs on which everything works except Data. dont know where and how to fix this issue.... I am working with someone from XDA to get it fixed, letme see if he fixes it... today I installed CM10(Jelly Bean), its running very smooth and fast. but it is not deteting my RUIM card, but I get 2 signal bars and can make calls and send SMS....

There are many ROMs on which everything works except Data. dont know where and how to fix this issue.... I am working with someone from XDA to get it fixed, letme see if he fixes it... today I installed CM10(Jelly Bean), its running very smooth and fast. but it is not deteting my RUIM card, but I get 2 signal bars and can make calls and send SMS....

CAn you check and post a small a review of CM10, i was thinking to flash it but was not sure if camera and other things are working well. Also, if you can check for any GSM cards working on this ROM.

Thnx

CAn you check and post a small a review of CM10, i was thinking to flash it but was not sure if camera and other things are working well. Also, if you can check for any GSM cards working on this ROM.

Thnx

Kundal, the ROM runs smooth, but I do not have any GSM to check. camera works fine but, video recording has no options to change the pixels and it breaks..

Youtube breaks, you need to do some setting in development section like disable hardware overlay and the option next to that (i removed CM10 as I use CDMA) so dont remember exact name...

as of now I saw and many saw these issues majorly..

for more details issues and download links go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1805773

Krishna ji, any luck with getting ICS to work on Inc 2 with working CDMA data?

Thanks, Jp

Finally have ordered for XTC Clip from US. Will have it in hand in 15~20 days hopefully.

Tried finding a lot in India, but could not locate it. Let me get it and we would have Incredible 2 on ICS.

• Like 3

Finally have ordered for XTC Clip from US. Will have it in hand in 15~20 days hopefully.

Tried finding a lot in India, but could not locate it. Let me get it and we would have Incredible 2 on ICS.

Great news.. Hope for some miracle from Mr. Incredible very soon. But for existing dinc 2 users will it be helpful?

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I am also eagerly awaiting for this

if someonw wants to taste ics, he has to send the handset to Shri Shri 108 Incredibleji maharaj.. :P

• Like 2

^^^

This rom is not flashable over old china telecom rom.

^^^

^^^

Why that so? Asking for my knowledge

Congratulations Kapil Ji,

good going...

the XTC Clip I was telling, that guy never turned back.

Good news...

^^^

I am also inquire about xtc clip at ahmedabad but not found

Finally incredible 2 on ICS. UKB rom works as well.

Tested

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Finally incredible 2 on ICS. UKB rom works as well.

Tested

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats..... both CDMA as well as GSM works fully?