Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Creating a Single Page Paid Website - Please Guide

Dudes ...

I wish to create a single page website for my part time building design firm which is still in an incubation

I have already selected the name of website. and it's available in www.godaddy.com for 12.99 $

Now,

Requirements are like,

Single page simple website contains my contact details, Logo, 1 or 2 sanaps of buildings, which I have designed... thats all

Guys pls guide me .. for

How much will it cost for Hosting in a gud server

Cost of Single page designing for 1 year (don't know how much MB required)

Cost for additional pages

It would be a great help if smbdy explain the whole process ...

Thanks in adv

Fevin

There are several aspects to domain & website.

For 12.99$ you are getting a domain name for 1 year. Then you will have to buy a hosting account to put website related files there and point your domain to that hosting account. This can be done with godaddy as well and with others too.

For your requirement, I would advice you to use wordpress for creating website, as its very famous cms and has many many many free themes available to help you make your website look a professional built. Moreover there are many plugins available to cater to various needs of a website.

For cost saving, there are hosts who provide domain name free with hosting account. In a way its as same as buying domain + hosting, but saves some amount and helps us have both things maintained at one provider.

When you register the domain name make sure that the domain's administrative contact will be under your name and email address. Verify with the provider before you register. If the provider does not register it under your contact (free registration providers may do this) then you won't be able to move the domain to another provider when you want to move.

Since you have just a single page even a 50 MB hosting account will be more than enough. For email you can even use Google Apps for Mail which will give you GBs of storage space for your email accounts. Go for a provider that gives you cPanel so that it can be easy to migrate to another provider if you want to move in future.

If you are getting the web hosting from a different provider you can just set the nameservers provided by the web host at your domain provider's control panel.

These days web hosting is very cheap. You don't need to worry about MBs.

Many web hosting providers are giving unlimited web space in 4$ or 5$ / month and that too with free domain, advertising credits for google and facebook etc.

They offer a lot of website building tools & Auto installers for CMS like Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal etc. so website building is not much difficult these day if you have some time to get your hands dirty.... and you can build unlimited pages website... not only one page.. :)

Google it and you can easily get many options.

I want to built a website of my De-Addiction clinic.

I want my website on top five on Google search page,What are the procedures to do that?

I am aware of the pay per click bidding procedure of Google AdWords.Can I do it myself or Will I have to take the help of some ad agency.

Thanks.

There is no straight forward procedure to get listed in the top 5 of Google search result. You can do basic SEO for your website with the help of your website developer and if your website gets popular then it will automatically get listed towards the top even though it can take time. There are SEO services that offer quick results and can work, but remember that they may use unethical techniques to make your search rankings go up. Search engines like Google do not encourage that and may even result in getting the website removed completely from their listing as penalty. Good read here: http://www.serprank.com/seo-articles/seo/seo-things-to-avoid.php

However you can get your website to show up in the first result page easily using Google Adwords in the paid listing area. Of course this will cost you money per click and it will show up above the rest of your competitors ads if you offer more money per click. You can use Google Adwords on your own but you need to know some basics (read tutorials, FAQs, etc. on the internet) to get optimum results. Their interface is newbie friendly. You can try a campaign and see if it is getting the results you wanted, if it isn't then you may consider getting the help of an Adwords certified company or individual.

Thanks Arun for this valuable information.