Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolkushi

Yahoo Joins 1 Gb Bandwagon

Yahoo upgrades e-mail

Source: The Hindu

SUNNYVALE, NOV. 15. Yahoo Inc. is more than doubling its limits on free e-mail storage in its latest move to combat two of its biggest rivals, Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp.

E-mail accountholders will get up to 250 megabytes of free storage effective Monday, up from 100 megabytes previously offered by the Sunnyvale-based Yahoo. The change follows Microsoft's recent decision to boost the free storage on its Hotmail service to 250 megabytes per account.

Both Yahoo and Hotmail have dramatically increased their storage limits since Google rolled out its free e-mail service offering in April. The Google service, called Gmail, offers each accountholder up to 1,000 megabytes of e-mail storage.

Yahoo is hoping the improvements will retain its current e-mail users and perhaps lure converts from other services.

I just logged in to my Yahoo account. Its still 100 MB only...

India is probably at the fag end of Yahoo's upgrade list.

And why don't you have a Gmail account yet? Its the best - 1 GB, no ad intrustion in your mail, no popus, auto forawrding, great spam filters and best of all - LABELS!

anujit...do we still need an 'invite' to get a gmail account ? or has it become 'open to all' now ?

whats the most practical way to get one...? i remember gmail swap forums and all...

both my accounts are the same Hotmail at 2mb and Yahoo at 100 Mb wonder when the changes will take place for me

tanveer it takes time for hotmail to upgrade everybody's email :quest: . My hotmail just got upgraded yesterday.

BTW I am using gmail and it rocks! :confuse:

well my yahoo is still 100 mb... but yahoo is full of spam.. for me gmail is the best.. simple in naigation gr8 in speed... :D

I got my yahoo mail upgraded to 250 MB :(

I too got 250 MB!!!

I think all the Yahoo! accounts hv been upgraded to 250 MB.

cauz now the login screen of Yahoo! shows 250MB space instead of 100 MB.

i too got 250 MB :(

Ya I too got it... but doesn't matter to me as i download all my mails to my PC using freepops

me too got it ! . now i have more online space on my email accounts than on my hard disk ! . LOL ...

I too Got... Now Yahoo also rocks... But nothing like GMail dudes.... If this carries on... the day isn't far when Google to will announce 2Gb mail..

they have'nt upgraded yahoo.co.in accounts but .com accounts have been upgraded

My yahoo.co.in and yahoo.com accounts were upgraded to 250MB by yesterday.. :D

they have'nt upgraded yahoo.co.in accounts but .com accounts have been upgraded

If ur co.in account is not upgraded, try to change ur country from "India" to "USA".

It'll surely work!

These days after the upgrade, many a times i've noticed that the Sign Out option(link) is not present on subsequent pages of Yahoo Mail once i'm logged in.

I used to think it was some timely thing and will get rectified in a few hrs. But its been happening with me for quite a no. of days now!

Anybody else has experienced this?

the one that was above on the right side is gone, the smaller one the upper left is still there

the one that was above on the right side is gone, the smaller one the upper left is still there

22117[/snapback]

Very True. But none of these were present on the Mail Page after logging in or on subsequent pages

Yeh me also not getting the Sign Out link..

Guess the upgrade also feautures a invisible sign out link :(

The image below will clarify on wht i was talking abt. There is nothing to scroll up and down! Noticed?

Very strange!

I never faced such problem in both Firefox as well as Internet Explorer.

It shows the "Sign Out" link under ur UserName!