Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
volstagg

Cloud Services

hi guys,

i was looking for some free back-up cloud services on the net and came across the following 2 websites

1. https://www.cx.com/

i came across this on the xda forum. it offers 10 gb of free storage space and an additional 6 gb if you refer your friends

2. http://www.adrive.com/plans

this site gives you 50 gb of free data. but i guess there are other inconveniences one might have to put up with like ads,no encryption etc etc

so have a look and if you have need for cloud storage,register and start using

• Like 1

I have been using Google Drive for last few weeks and have been quite happy with it. Particularly with the ease of sharing and accessing files over multiple locations.

I'm using Adrive from the last 3-4 years without any issues.

There are other more popular cloud services available.

Googe Drive with 5GB

Microsoft SkyDrive with 7 GB and

Drop Box with 2GB.

There is a detailed article with comparison of all these in the June edition of the Digit mag.

^^^^

my main criteria for cloud services was most space offered for free. the services you have mentioned are popular but i was looking for quantity.

Using Adrive for 4 years and satisfied with it...!!! :)

I got 50 gb box cloud service.

I recommend that.

^^^

BOX is free upto 5 GB only.

if you subscribe from any Hp Touchpad you will get 50gb. if you subscribe from pc you will get 5 gb. (BOX)

^^^^^^

With the recent offer, I am using 25GB on Box... Also using 10GB on CX, 5GB of GoogleDrive, 2.75GB of DropBox... But I am very much satisfied with DropBox than all other services....

Oh, forgot to mention, I am also using their android apps in my Razr now...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Got 50gb free dropbox space with my Samsung Galaxy s3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I feel we are in Cloud Era with multiple cloud storages available, that too free, to name few, they are Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, skydrive, etc.

The next challenge comes on managing these free services at east. Hence it becomes essential to manage multiple cloud services with some sort of tool(s) that will save our precious time and efforts. Apparently, third-party developers always jump onto bandwagon to offer all-in-one solution to the users in need. Instead of concentrating on hardcore features of different cloud storage service, we will concentrate on management of those services only. But why use such management tool you ask? Imagine a scenario where you use multiple services to store multiple images, one from your Instagram folders and other to backup images from Flickr. How is it possible to remember which service used you to backup what files? Now you understood the need of managing multiple cloud storage services, don’t you?

I am sharing couple of these tools which will help you to manage all your cloud storages at one place:

Primadesk

Primadesk application goes one step ahead by providing dedicated iPhone and Androidbringing cloud service management on your palm. It is a comprehensive tool that will not only let you manage multiple cloud storage service but also other services like Yahoo!, Flickr, Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa and more. The list of services supported of Primadesk is long. For cloud service users, it offers Dropbox, Box.net, SugarSync, Google Docs services. Unified inbox will let you manage various email services like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! from a single interface. It is extremely useful if you often use multiple email services or multiple accounts. Search function will let you search for your content, docs, files across various services. Users can search by date range, topic and content type.

Drag and drop photos to multiple online services like Facebook, Picasa, Flickr and other. This will help you to upload images on multiple services on one go.

Otixo

Otixo is a free (and paid) service that will let you manage multiple cloud storage accounts from a single interface. While paid service offers unlimited bandwidth, free version lets you use 250MB bandwidth usage per month. Otixo is available on both Mac and Windows making it easy to manage different accounts on most popular OS.

It will enlist all your files on cloud to enable you to manage them. Speaking of management, you can search files across multiple services, share them with friends and colleagues, preview them, copy and move them across different cloud services etc.

Otixo supports different services like Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive, Google Docs, Picasa, MobileMe, Amazon S3, FTP sites and WebDav account. This web app is extremely simple to understand and integrates well on both OS (Windows and Mac). However, 250MB bandwidth could left your in agony if you’re frequent users of cloud service.

Hope you will like it :)

• Like 1

otixo is quite good. You can just add do 'map network drive' on any OS, point it to https://dav.otixo.com & give your otixo login/pass and all the cloud storage services appear inside that drive. No client required to be downloaded.

• Like 1

otixo is quite good. You can just add do 'map network drive' on any OS, point it to https://dav.otixo.com & give your otixo login/pass and all the cloud storage services appear inside that drive. No client required to be downloaded.

Yes, thats the best part of Otixo.