Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gpkumaran

Help: Transfer Number from a Netconnect+ Data Card to a RUIM

Is it possible to transfer a number from a Netconnect+ card to an RUIM card?? I`ve unlocked my ZTE AC 2737 that came with Reliance and can now use it with RUIM but the pre programmed number in that card is not working now.. so, i`m thinking if i cud say to reliance that my data card got lost and ask them for an ruim card for the same number, i can use that also :) ..

PS: I have backed up the NV,NAM Settings before unlocking and tried restoring it.. but now it picks up reliance signal(PRL Ok) but when i try to dial #777 it dials for a long time and then, gives error 628 remote comp dint respond???

^ did you change the setting to "RUIM Only", instead of "RUIM, if available". I have a MTS datacard ZTE AC 2766 which has an active MTS MBlaze No. I unlocked it and now i use it with Reliance/BSNL CDMA with RUIM as well as MTS (NV).

S,I changed it to RUIM If available.. But even then the NetConnect+ is Not working???

One more thing @aalok, what dashboard are you using now?

^ default dashboard (Mblaze UI)

Oh that may be possible with 2766 but with 2737, it was not possible to use the old(reliance) dashboard with the modem after unlocking.. @aalok and the other experts here, pls tell me what all needed for proper programming of a cdma mode.. are NV,NAM enough?? or am i missing anything?

^ not having zte 2737 with me.. trying to arrange it and if arranged, will let you know by monday..

@aalok, i`m asking not only for 2737 bro. i`m asking in general.. for proper functioning of an evdo card, what all parameters are needed?

sir, to the best of my understanding, first of all you need SPC of the device and changing the R-UIM config to RUIM, if available, is all what is required (maybe i'm wrong).

for being on a safer side, you can backup original settings (NAM, NV Items, etc.), if in case you need to get it back to the previous state.

point is, the data card is provisioned to work on the network (telecom operator), but when its unlocked to use with any RUIM, it takes parameters from RUIM, just as in case of OMH/Unlocked handsets. Still there are some data cards, which are not unlockable (till now..)

hope it clarifies your doubt.. :)

PS : This applies for CDMA Data Cards Only.

Edited by aalok
  • Like 1