Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
andydesai

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

dear all,

i was going through searching for razr maxx on the net and came accross a webpage saying that its up for preorder on infibeam.com. @ 31999/- releasing on 24th june.

when i called the customercare to ask about the same i asked them saying its a cdma handset and they said no its a gsm version . So i logged on to the website and searched for the spec they have not mentioned gsm or cdma. They have a video which is playing their which shows verizon really surprised.

i started booking the pre order to my surprise its available on cash on delivery and it says it will ship on 27th june and delivers on 30june.

So anyone else can put a light on the same as to what are they planning to sell exactly.

Cud u post the link to that offer.

Ty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

In the first line of specs, it clearly mentions it as a GSM phone. If the topic OP would have read specs further, in connectivity it mentions HSDPA.

This is infibeam link >> http://www.infibeam....x.html?id=Black

Infibeam would have put put a verizon video only because they might not have landed their hand on anything else to describe the phone.

In the first line of specs, it clearly mentions it as a GSM phone. If the topic OP would have read specs further, in connectivity it mentions HSDPA.

This is infibeam link >> http://www.infibeam....x.html?id=Black

Infibeam would have put put a verizon video only because they might not have landed their hand on anything else to describe the phone.

Thanks Rajan ji,

See i am an android user since last 4 years now and i have been with reliance cdma from day one, i have changed my handset right from htc touch diamond, Htc incredible,samaung fasciante and now presently using samsung epic 4g touch..... i have a question majorly the battery becomes a huge problem for me to last the whole day my battery life is almost to 20% by evening 6pm and i need more battery to last till 10pm but i have to keep charging now and then.

Their might be people like me who agree upon the same, these days smartphones are a lot but battery becomes a problem..... i wanted you to suggest should i go in for this handset looking at the battery of whopping 3300mah.... which will last for a longer time. Also the battery is non removable i hear will that create a problem for reboot if it gets hung. Any other points if you would like to add on

So need suggestions from guru's like you from this fraternity...........

See i am an android user since last 4 years now and i have been with reliance cdma from day one, i have a question majorly the battery becomes a huge problem for me to last the whole day my battery life is almost to 20% by evening 6pm and i need more battery to last till 10pm but i have to keep charging now and then.

i wanted you to suggest should i go in for this handset looking at the battery of whopping 3300mah.... which will last for a longer time. Also the battery is non removable i hear will that create a problem for reboot if it gets hung. Any other points if you would like to add on

If battery life is the primary issue for heavy users like you, then no smartphone on the planet currently matches Droid Razr Maxx atleast on that parameter. You'll have to also consider whether you would like to shift to GSM from CDMA because the version officially launching in india will be GSM. Another thing, Droid Razr Maxx is on Android 2.3 but ICS is promised. There were reports that Maxx shipping in Germany was already having ICS.

Non-removable battery is a concern when android hangs but this tip on how one can power off maxx when it freezes may help >> Soft Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

• Like 1

just for information, GSM version is called "Razr Maxx" and CDMA version is "Droid Razr Maxx"!

one final question rajan ji would like to know i would not mind porting to GSM bcos the companies of gsm are giving good pacakge for porting customers ;) but i need a stable and good battery life and on top of that a android smart phone, i find CDMA coverage a bit less in some of the areas here......so was finally thinking is it GSM Maxx i should go or the cdma maxx.... my usage of evdo is moderate....so please help out here.

maxx wud be a great choice, m using droid razr and get a 24 hr run with normal to heavy usage, but with 3300mAH we r talking abt 2/3 days w/o a recharge.

They did a promo to showcase the batterY power with a GPS navigation test and it had 40% left after 4 hours. You wont be disappointed with a 3300 battery for sure.

in US, thou this news is for the cdma version, it has beaten apple 4S in sales

Edited by nitink

New Delhi: Motorola will soon bring its latest offering of the Razr series to India. The Motorola Razr Maxx is waiting on the sidelines till it comes to a store near you on June 24.

Motorola Razr Maxx is garnered by a 4.3 inch super AMOLED advanced capacitive touchscreen spotted by Corning Gorilla Glass and a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels and weighing 145 gm.

The Razr Maxx is backed by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor and runs on Android 2.3, (Gingerbread), and is upgradable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The phone runs on a mammoth 3300 mAh battery that boasts of a stand-by time of approximately 607 hours and a talk time of up to 17 h 40 min.

The droid has an 8 MP snapper with a 1.3 MP front-facing camera. The primary cam is capable of shooting 1080p HD videos at 30 fps while the secondary cam can do 720p video capture.

The phone also has an ample 16GB internal memory which is also expandable up to 32GB.

Motorola Razr Maxx is available online at Homeshop18.com and also at Infibeam. The phone sells at Rs 31,999 on Infibeam.

The Moto flagship will give strong competition to other players like HTC and its One series.

Earlier this week Motorola released two new rugged phones, Defy Mini and Defy XT, and expanded its rugged-phone lineup in India.

http://zeenews.india.com/business/gadgets/gadgets-news/motorola-razr-maxx-to-make-india-debut_53827.html

one final question rajan ji would like to know i would not mind porting to GSM bcos the companies of gsm are giving good pacakge for porting customers ;) but i need a stable and good battery life and on top of that a android smart phone, i find CDMA coverage a bit less in some of the areas here......so was finally thinking is it GSM Maxx i should go or the cdma maxx.... my usage of evdo is moderate....so please help out here.

If CDMA coverage in your area is absolutely not workable then obviously you have to go for GSM version. However if it is bearable then take CDMA version. As your EVDO usage is moderate, cheaper GSM 3G Data may not matter much to you but CDMA voice clarity in everyday usage will be beneficial. As far as battery performance is concerned there should not be great difference between GSM and CDMA version.

I think Mr. Parin already has Droid Razr Maxx CDMA version in his hand. Enquire...

Imported CDMA version may turn out to be cheaper than Official GSM version..

• Like 1

Highly priced for a gb based dual core phone, when you can get quad cores for 34-35k. The bigger battery is the only plus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Highly priced for a gb based dual core phone, when you can get quad cores for 34-35k. The bigger battery is the only plus.

What does Quad Core processor do with current android?

Practically zilch except the bragging right for the manufacturer and buyer!

Gaming performance will depend more on the graphic processor, Quad Core or Dual Core processor does not matter much here.

For other apps, you can barely tax a good dual core processor.

So Quad Core does not make any huge difference at practical usage level.

Qualcomm Crait S4 Dual Core SOC's have outperformed/near to same performance as Quad Core's in many benchmarks.

ICS is coming shortly to razr maxx.

As far as the bigger battery only plus, are you aware of the following in Droid Razr Maxx?

• Super AMOLED advanced display.
  • Superb construction strength with Dupont Kevlar fiber material. (Bulletproof jackets use that material)
  • Water repellant nano particles shield the phone against water, even the electrical boards inside.
  • Dual microphone noice reduction.

Watch the videos..

Motorola droid razr maxx bathtub water test

Kevlar on the Motorola Droid RAZR

• Like 1

In current scenario, what does 2gb ram do that 1 gb does not? Still everyone is disappointed that HOX and GS3 did not come with 2Gb ram. And for that matter what can ICS do that GB can not? Coming from a company owned by google, you would have expected the latest android.

At current stage, software development is lagging behind hardware for android, still you would want to be as future ready as possible.

Other things in comparison to SGS3

smaller screen

poorer screen resolution, lower pixel density

lower on board and expandable storage

poorer front camera

Corning gorilla in maxx, gorilla 2 in sgs3 - I wonder how much difference it makes

dont both of them have super amoled. I dont have much idea about advanced display

I was seriously considering razr max, impressed by the build quality of another motorola that I used over the past year, however, the biggest reason for me not going for a moto was the locked bootloader. Something that people expected google to change after taking over Moto mobility. That never happened. And now with a GB based phone, upgradable to ICS, you will again be left high and dry for jellybean whenever it releases.

Edited by tanveer

Highly priced for a gb based dual core phone, when you can get quad cores for 34-35k. The bigger battery is the only plus

Tanveer ji, I agree that RazrMAXX is inferior wrt specs and Benchmarks comparing to even S-II (S-II cheaper than Razr_OG last week), let alone QuadCore phones... But RazrMAXX is better than S-II and even S-III in

1, Design/Looks:-

Though looks differs between eyes, even a die-hard Sammy fan will agree Razr is much beautiful

2, Premium Materials:-

Kevlar is used in Bullet-proof jacket as Rajan ji told (But Moto warned earlier Razr is NOT bullet-proof), used in radial tyres instead of metal in old tyres(thanks Wiki) REASON strength as good as metal + weight as low as glass... It is very difficult to craft in sophisticated tiny device like mobile-phone, since it is very hard to cut to shape...

The cost difference between S2 and Razr is 2k and I guess just kevlar is enough to justify it (even considering just the manufacturing cost), imho....

3, Last, BUT NOT LEAST:- EXCELLENT BATTERY LIFE

With QuadCore CPUs in phone comparing 1.2GHz Dual of MAXX, we can save say 30 to 45 seconds a day (time difference in opening the apps or games in a day)... But with MAXX, we can live without worry of phone dying out of juice for minimum TWO days (we don't have 4G here so) ---- MENTAL PEACE ---- More COSTLIER than ANY GADGETS, imho...

Being a business man, who travels a lot, I know how much important is a phone call and so the battery life + connectivity... But I too agree the people who doesn't travel a lot and are near chargers always, may NOT find 100% merits of MAXX... But I AM 100% sure owning MAXX's battery life is better than quad or a dozen-core in a phone...

Other things in comparison to SGS3

smaller screen AGREE, but > 4.5" is too big, imho

poorer screen resolution, lower pixel density AGREE,

lower on board and expandable storage SORRY, Razr also supports 64GB cards and few GBs internal doesn't matter, imho

poorer front camera OK/Good, for video chats, imho

Corning gorilla in maxx, gorilla 2 in sgs3 - Infact Gorilla2 is 20% thinner than OG, means better legibility and may be less strength (as seen in s3 drop test)

dont both of them have super amoled-- But Razr AMOLED is better than CaptivateGlide's AMOLED--PixelDensity of 4" WVGA == 4.3" qHD

And for that matter what can ICS do that GB can not? Coming from a company owned by google, you would have expected the latest android.
however, the biggest reason for me not going for a moto was the locked bootloader. Something that people expected google to change after taking over Moto mobility. That never happened

My friend, Google is Boss of Moto for LESS THAN A MONTH, incl today.. Let us give them some time... Yes, I am also way toooooo pissed off by their locked bootloader policy...

I have even spammed their G+ accounts (MotorolaMobility, AndyRubin, LarryPage, DennisWoodside, Google, EricSchmidt) with requests to atleast give a solution to unlock bootloaders after voiding warranty like HTC, sooo much that they may beat me :threatenlumber: , if I ever met them in my life... Today I am going to threaten them that, if they still lock bootloaders, most Moto die hard fans will move to WP8 :winko: ..... Another rant today is

@Motorola take my money and give me MAXX @Google Take my warranty and Unlock its bootloader
This is the exact tweet I sent after Motorola replied to my Status (also available in Rimweb), now flooding their twitter/facebook/G+... I don't care, even if they come to my home and beat me to death...

But I have some hope as Google, first removed the UNNECESSARY BLUR in Moto's UI in latest ICS skin... Simply Moto's ICS skin is near stock and beautiful, imho comparing sense and TouchWiz :mad44: Even now I am dreaming that the delay in ICS for Razr is due to removal of bootloader lock :locked: in next update.. But it has very very very mild (almost NIL) chance of becoming reality...

SO FINALLY though, MAXX is highly priced for a gb based dual core phone, when you can get quad cores for 34-35k, the ONLY MINUS is its LockedBootloader and NOTHING ELSE, imho...

I love the vast development happening around Sammy phones... I love the design, build and battery life of Moto phones... To get both, lets hope Google unlocks its bootloader.... ......PEACE....

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 4

Highly priced for a gb based dual core phone, when you can get quad cores for 34-35k. The bigger battery is the only plus

3, Last, BUT NOT LEAST:- EXCELLENT BATTERY LIFE

With QuadCore CPUs in phone comparing 1.2GHz Dual of MAXX, we can save say 30 to 45 seconds a day (time difference in opening the apps or games in a day)... But with MAXX, we can live without worry of phone dying out of juice for minimum TWO days (we don't have 4G here so) ---- MENTAL PEACE ---- More COSTLIER than ANY GADGETS, imho...

You have a point .... most of the time GPS based apps are switched off, because of battery life

On the other hand, if the battery lasts for one complete day then it is manageable IMHO

Absolutely, every thing is said and done, if phone becomes your responsibility, there is no point in having SO CALLED SMART PHONE.

If blur is removed from moto devices I am sure they are as good as any other devices.

Maxx battery life gives unbelievable peace of mind and adds to your productivity more than any other smart phone, especially people on move and time when no charger access.

Maxx battery life gives unbelievable peace of mind and adds to your productivity more than any other smart phone, especially people on move and time when no charger access.

I bought a RAZR for my brother (who stays in Chennai) recently. He says the battery doesnt last one full day and he has to charge it so often. He is total non-techie and its difficult to guide him for little things like switching off wi-fi, gps when not needed. How i wish i had bought a RAZR MAXX for him !!

I bought a RAZR for my brother (who stays in Chennai) recently. He says the battery doesnt last one full day and he has to charge it so often. He is total non-techie and its difficult to guide him for little things like switching off wi-fi, gps when not needed. How i wish i had bought a RAZR MAXX for him !!

even i have a razr and get full day charge with normal to heavy use. With moderate usage i can go upto 2 days as well. i switch on data only to download emails when i am on the move or else use wifi.

Few things which i use

smart actions - it is a stock app and pretty handy to save battery and get more out of ur phone.

memory booster - hv set it to level 3 boost and autoboost to kill all unwanted apps when device locks. make use of the whitelist to keep other mandatory apps running.

1 tap cleaner - cache cleaner, must have if you use the net, gaming or otherwise.

screen off - with a button on my homescreen, i shut the screen off, dont wait for the mandatory 15 or 30 second delay.

cpu sleeper - it shuts done one core when ur phone is asleep. decent battery saver,

also u can swipe end the running apps by pressing the home button for a few seconds. keep the list empty in there.

I am one of the first Android users in India from past 4 years plus , I have used almost every android handset but i have to accept that the Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 is the very best out there according to me. I have GSM+DATA, and CDMA only voice right now through CDMA SIM.

• Like 1