Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

HTC EVO 4G LTE on Reliance CDMA

:previous:

Great, can you post the link for the radio zip and the lastest firmware file you used?

Thanks, I have updated the radio and the fimware which went fine. I see that the radio version is updated, but the firmware version shown in Settings > About > Software version is still showing 1.13.651.1 - I used the "Latest Firmware Without Recovery, Boot(kernel) or hBoot" one and use the PGxxx.zip method which completed without any error. Does it show the new version there for you?

i used the firmware with hboot, i think i also flashed the stock rooted rom (1.22.651) - but my build is 1.22.651.3

excellent. I got one. I really found data reception is really great.

I found that i am getiing low ping rate between 75 to 90ms.

same i used on my galaxy s fascinate it was 150 to 200ms

I also found speed in my location in day time about 512 to 768kbps and in night 1 mbps average on fascinate

on evo 4g lte day time it on average 1mbps and on night its more then 2mbps ;)

I also found external speaker volume is too low? and i even find cracking sound in some songs. ??

i found meid of evo lte is bit diff 9900xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx its all numeric, any problem is faced while registration?

Using aokp jellybean rom... its awesome...

I really don't like htc ui... this one is excellent

Everything working

Gps not yet tested..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

took the latest OTA which got me updated to build: 2.13.651.1 and baseband : 1.12.11.0809, but as expected hboot got updated too and bootloader got locked, and after update lost root.

Luckily since i have s-off, flashed lazy panda hboot from fastboot and got hboot downgraded succesfully, which allowed me to flash again twrp recovery, and from there to flash a pre-rooted stock de-odexed rom to gain back root, and all is well now.

for some reason youtube does not work on 3G after the latest 2.13.651 OTA , even after zeroing out proxy settings.

simple solution is to switch on mobile hotspot or wifi tether......youtube works fine after switching on mobile hotspot

even on custom ROM? with root and S-OFF, I assume you are sing a custom ROM?

even on custom ROM? with root and S-OFF, I assume you are sing a custom ROM?

yeah, i've tried almost all the 2.13 based custom rom's....really strange that youtube works after I switch on hotspot

Try this after zeroing out proxy settings for youtube issue..

• Open Dial Pad, Type *#*#4636#*#*
  • Tap Phone Information
  • Scroll last. There is an option saying Toggle DNS check. It should say 0.0.0.0 not allowed.
  • Tap on it. Now it will say 0.0.0.0 allowed

This setting may again get lost upon phone reboot.

I am one of the lucky one to have purchased a HTC EVO LTE phone (Reliance activated) from eBay and extremely happy with it. The EVDO plan is active and working fine.

I need help in changing my Phone Identity settings, because of which, and I am assuming, I am facing certain issues such as:

1) unable to update the Firmware, Profile or PRL, though managed to update my HTC software and got the latest Sense 4.1 (2.13.651.1 710RD),

2) randomly get a message flashing when on a call saying I have a Voicemail on the above Phone Number 9731000000 pending in my inbox. But can not access my voicemail.

3) The default number while registering any app such as Tango is 9731000000.

Settings as shown:

Current username: net (incorrect)

Phone number: 9371000000 (incorrect)

a) I want to change these settings and add my name and number. I am hoping the rest of the settings such as DSN, MEID, UICC ID, IMSI(UICC) & IMSI are correct and not to mess with.

b ) I guess since it is a Sprint phone, I may not get certain services or can 'activate the device', but I am sure I can make those settings changes for impending Jellybean update.

c) Will there be any implications such as 'brick'ing the phone, deactivation from Reliance, loss of EVDO data plan etc.?

Another small problem I encountered (now universal) was when I updated my HTC Sense software to 4.1, the customised ringtones stopped functioning. Hope HTC comes up with a bug fix for this soon.

Kindly help. I am not sure if I should post this elsewhere or start a new thread, so pardon me.

Did s-off, rooted n also installed chameleon custom ROM. Not as simple as Samsung but still fairly easy...

I'm loving the ROM...

Let me know ifanyone needs help in doing above stuff...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Can u tell me step by step.. I purchased it recently.

I know recovery and flashing just one doubt. After flashing the rom or radio, will it take reliance network or it will start searching for sprint. I am already having wifi turn on issue. I am unable to turn on my wifi it shows error.

I have

Jewel PVT SHIP S-ON

HBOOT- 1.15.0000

RADIO- 1.05.11.0606

Thanks

Edited by drsparsh

I am facing a strange issue regarding EVDO on RCDMA. Summarizing the whole events below:

I was using GNEX with Mobilenet94 plan and with evdo.I changed my handset to EVO 4G LTE using HCC and it was done successfully. Voice, SMS and 1x started working after that.After that I gave request for re-activation of EVDO and got confirmation of the same too. Got it rechecked and EVDO is activated on my MDN.

I have uploaded EVDO prl but I am getting only 1x speed. If I go to settings >about> network, I get as : CDMA - 1XRTT

What I had seen is that even on un provisioned handsets, if we upload the EVDO prl, it starts showing the network as CDMA - EVDO but that is not happening in my case.

Gurus, please help!

My baseband version is 1.12.11.0809( I think this is the latest one) can this be the issue?

Edited by phonegeek

I am facing a strange issue regarding EVDO on RCDMA. Summarizing the whole events below:

I was using GNEX with Mobilenet94 plan and with evdo.I changed my handset to EVO 4G LTE using HCC and it was done successfully. Voice, SMS and 1x started working after that.After that I gave request for re-activation of EVDO and got confirmation of the same too. Got it rechecked and EVDO is activated on my MDN.

I have uploaded EVDO prl but I am getting only 1x speed. If I go to settings >about> network, I get as : CDMA - 1XRTT

What I had seen is that even on un provisioned handsets, if we upload the EVDO prl, it starts showing the network as CDMA - EVDO but that is not happening in my case.

Gurus, please help!

My baseband version is 1.12.11.0809( I think this is the latest one) can this be the issue?

Check PRL Version

Also PRL is Loading or Not

PRL is loading fine. Showing as 10005.

Tried this PRL also "REL 55 NO 1 KB EVDO"

Edited by phonegeek

Dial *#*#4636#*#*

Select Phone Information

Select Set Preferred Network Type to CDMA auto Prl..

By default its CDMA only means 1x...

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

^ It was set at "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto".

Set to Cdma auto prl but its not sticking after reboot.

Also I toggled the radio when changed it to CDMA auto prl but still its 1x only. :nerves:

Help me out guys......kaha gaye sab? ;)

Edited by phonegeek

If so, then the only thing is that it may not properly programmed... Please check whether evdo id password is properly confugured or not?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

I too felt the same that evdo is not properly configured but I observed 1 thing, the phone never shows EVDO network, even if mobile data is turned off.

I reset the phone using ##786# and again reconfigured the settings but network is still stuck on 1x :(

Anyone using EVDO with the latest radio version : 1.12.11.0809

Please comment here.

Edited by phonegeek

Well, I did S-Off and flashed all the Radio versions available but none seem to get me EVDO signals. As soon as I turn on the handset, it shows me 1x only, seems, the phone never attempts to get EVDO network only!

I am now clueless what could be the issue. On my fascinate, I rarely use mobile data but the network always shows me as "EvDo-rev.A:8".

Help!

has anyone tried cm10 on the lte? i tried but there seems to be a problem with the camera! it works fine without flash but when flash is turned on it just hangs! i tried t with both stock AOKP camera as well as 4.2 camera. is it just a bad flash or a problem with rom?

used every Rom available for evo lte including cm10 based, aokp, sense...

Never faced this issue..

currently using paranoid Android 2.99

Very good n stable rom. enjoying tablet ui..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2