Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ramu_coolhimesh

Reliance - A Confusing Mobile Service With An Even More Confusing Website

Today, after a long time, i checked the RCOM website and was shocked to see a few really confusing recharge denominations posted on its 'Plans and packs' section. As per the website, for GSM customers of Bihar & Jharkhand, STV 14 is available in two forms:- (1) a SMS pack which gives all sms @5p for 30 days, and, (2) a 2G GPRS pack which gives 500MB free data for 3 days. Same is the story of STV 29 which is available as:- (1) an onnet pack with free local onnet calls from 11pm to 6am for 30 days, as well as, (2) 2G GPRS pack with 1GB free data for 7 days.

To check this out, go to http://www.rcom.co.i...nsandPacks.html, click on GSM service, go to Special Tariff Voucher section and select Bihar & Jharkhand circle.

Now the question is- how can a single recharge denomination be available in two (or more) variants? It seems like Anil Ambani led Reliance Communications is chalking out these new tricks to make more and more money by fooling its existing customers. Reliance customers in all the circles, beware, as you could be the next victim of such a practice.

Reliance customers should bring this into notice of network's tariff team.

It might be the case that this recharge is available only via reliance website.

No issue in that case,

i thought it was the norm that their website is buggy.

for example, see cdma section in MP

112 All local calls to any network @ 1p/2sec 90 99.68

66 All Local calls @ 1p/2sec 90 58.70

Both recharge does the same !!

Rcom website s-u-c-k-s bigtime...

when they update STV, don't remove older benefits, but just adds new plans keeping everyone confused!

Same Recharge can be used for different benefit. Its the way retailer sends the details which changes as far as I know.

Reliance has been using this funda for few years now.

I think for normal voice call & SMS benefit retailer does recharge with denomiation similar to top up but for data benefit he has to use some other code.

It might be the case that this recharge is available only via reliance website.

No issue in that case,

@SUDYEcaZ

Sir, in Bihar & Jharkhand (and may be in few other circles), Aircel and Uninor are also offering a few recharge options which provide some added benefits if recharged online. However, these recharge denominations have been clearly mentioned on their respective websites as "online recharge". For example, Aircel website says, "Get 105% TT on RCs of 258 and 358 through online recharge". Similarly, Uninor website says, "Now recharge online and get extra TT- Rs.80 = Rs.90, Rs.170 = Rs.200, Rs.340 = Rs.410, Rs.470 = Rs.580".

Now, as you said, if Rcom is also offering these recharges through their website for some other benefit, then why hasn't reliance highlighted them as "online recharge" and mentioned them on the website?

Edited by ramu_coolhimesh

Same Recharge can be used for different benefit. Its the way retailer sends the details which changes as far as I know.

Reliance has been using this funda for few years now.

I think for normal voice call & SMS benefit retailer does recharge with denomiation similar to top up but for data benefit he has to use some other code.

@

confused_follower,

As far as i know, only BSNL, Tata Docomo and Uninor are the three operators which offer one particular recharge amount for two different benefits in the form of "top up" and "special recharge". Are you sure it is applicable in case of Reliance too? Because, the manager of Reliance mobile store in my vicinity says there is no such option or code on a Reliance e-recharge sim that offers a particular recharge amount for two different benefits as one recharge can be used only for one benefit.

@

confused_follower,

As far as i know, only BSNL, Tata Docomo and Uninor are the three operators which offer one particular recharge amount for two different benefits in the form of "top up" and "special recharge". Are you sure it is applicable in case of Reliance too? Because, the manager of Reliance mobile store in my vicinity says there is no such option or code on a Reliance e-recharge sim that offers a particular recharge amount for two different benefits as one recharge can be used only for one benefit.

Yes Reliance also has similar system for example, in Maharashtra if a retailer recharges using ER as keyword for Rs. 99 recharge customer will get tariff discount applicable in certain area but if he sends recharge using SMS as keyword for Rs. 99 customer will get GPRS data (I think 300 MB)

For RIM GSM Maharashtra two GPRS plans are available on websitepost-45109-0-85021100-1348458029_thumb.j

But the same is not available when trying to recharge onlinepost-45109-0-46225900-1348458050_thumb.j

Is this some mistake of website?

Or this plans are not available online?

^^^^

Rcom never updates there website on time,once in a bluemoon they update with new STV & other recharges...don't follow there website at all.

Today, after a long time, i checked the RCOM website and was shocked to see a few really confusing recharge denominations posted on its 'Plans and packs' section. As per the website, for GSM customers of Bihar & Jharkhand, STV 14 is available in two forms:- (1) a SMS pack which gives all sms @5p for 30 days, and, (2) a 2G GPRS pack which gives 500MB free data for 3 days. Same is the story of STV 29 which is available as:- (1) an onnet pack with free local onnet calls from 11pm to 6am for 30 days, as well as, (2) 2G GPRS pack with 1GB free data for 7 days.

To check this out, go to http://www.rcom.co.i...nsandPacks.html, click on GSM service, go to Special Tariff Voucher section and select Bihar & Jharkhand circle.

Now the question is- how can a single recharge denomination be available in two (or more) variants? It seems like Anil Ambani led Reliance Communications is chalking out these new tricks to make more and more money by fooling its existing customers. Reliance customers in all the circles, beware, as you could be the next victim of such a practice.

There is nothing wrong on the website. All the denominations discussed above are valid and do have the described benefits. And for your information topups, sms packs and gprs packs are recharged with complete different codes for example topup is done by "er", sms pack by "sms" and gprs pack by "m".

Sent from my HTC One X