Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Nexus Q

Nexus Q Introduced At Google IO 2012. Price US $ 299.

Source

Nexus Q streams your favorite entertainment directly from the cloud to your living room. Just use the Google Play and YouTube apps on your Android phone or tablet to surf an ocean of music, TV, movies and music, and Nexus Q will play it all on the biggest speakers and screen in the house. There are no downloads, no syncing, no running out of space. Just the stuff you love -- at home and out loud.

3_gallery_post.jpg

Google has officially announced the Nexus Q, an audio and video streaming appliance for users at home. It's a cloud-oriented device, designed to pull media from the Google Play Store as well as YouTube. The Q delivers the media to your television or a set of external speakers — it features a 25-watt amplifier as well — and is powered by the same chipset as the Galaxy Nexus. It features ethernet, Bluetooth, and NFC connectivity, and owners will be able to use their Android devices to control the streamer. Optical audio and micro-HDMI output are included, and the device also features banana-style connectors for connecting speakers.

Multiple Qs can be controlled from a given Android device, turning it into a multi-room solution, but the big selling point here is the social aspect. Different users can add music from their own Google Play music collection to the Q's queue, turning it into a clever option for parties or group events (Bowers & Wilkins offers similar collaborative functionality with its Air Zeppelin app for iOS). 32 LEDs ring the sphere-shaped device, and change color and rhythm depending on the music that's playing (the entire top of the device is a rotating volume control, while a capacitive touch sensor allows for quick and easy muting).

The same can be done with Play Store video content as well, with all media streaming from from the cloud and simply being controlled by a user's Android phone or tablet.

Introducing Nexus Q

How Nexus Q Works

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 2

I was about start topic on this. Thanks for information.

Omg it's so BEAUTIFUL. I definitely want one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

3_gallery_post.jpg

What a lovely hands touching a ball - definitely ignites

Omg it's so BEAUTIFUL. I definitely want one.

Ya every one wants - its object of desire - no wait i was talking hands

• Like 2

True that this year Google is too impressive to beat even Apple's costly devices! :)