Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
confused_follower

New Feature in Reliance GSM?

Today from one of my RGSM numbers I was trying to call my friend. I realized that I do not have balance and hence went to Shop for recharge.

But before even doing a recharge My friend called me up checking if I had tried calling him.

He said he received an SMS "Hi, 90xxxxxxxx tried calling you. Please call back."

Anyone else noticed this.

Is it live only in Mumbai or anywhere else

That is part of the Missed Call Alert feature. I didn't know it will send the SMS even though you do not have balance in prepaid.

Wow, this is a great idea.

Service providers can do this for at least their own network users.

So who ever wishes to talk, there will higher possibility of a call being made.

And the poor user will be saved.

This facility is there in Aircel too... Even if you have not activated MCA, and you are out of coverage area and someone calls you at that time.

Aircel sends a message "9853XXXXXX is now available" to the caller as soon as you come to network.

:previous:

this is not only about MCA, what you said is correct in case of MCA, but in Reliance, even if you dont have Balance to call and you tried to call someone, they will get sms saying "98********" has tried to call you.

this is a good service. atlease this facility should be provided for "Onnet" free of cost.

There is a similar feature with Etisalat UAE, you can send a call back message to local mobile using USSD codes.

Reliance does have a feature (With MCA) informing "Called number is now available", This works with Reliance numbers mostly.

Gr8 feature.i just test with my GSM no. i called to my others no & i receive a msg from 3600

"Hi, 9190XXXXXXXX tried calling you Please Call Back"

Call back msg is also there in Airtel..

Try dialing *121# and then GIFTING SERVICE ...

You can raise a call back request only if your balance is < Re 2..

AFAIK this feature is not available for postpaid

I am using this service in RGSM delhi for almost 3 months..... no balance just call the number and other person recieves the sms...........

This is a great feature! Is it there on any other provider or exclusively only on reliance??