Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujit_k

An Interesting Incident @ Railway Station

Yesterday I had gone to the Bhubaneswar railway station to receive my relative (fiancee)..

Bought a platform ticket and entered inside the platform. The train got delayed by 3 hours and the connecting train also got delayed by 2.5 hours. At that time I forgot to take a fresh platform ticket (as the validity is of 2 hours only).

One of the ticket examiners caught me and asked me to come with him which I did.. Then instead of asking for a fine he started abusing me saying that he will put me into jail and all... LOL :P

He kept me there for around 30mnts but never asked for any fine rather kept telling me that I am criminal, a law breaker etc etc.. Super LOL ( I work in WIPRO :D ).. Now this bulls**t was enough for me and I asked him to cut the crap and issue me a challan.. To whicch Mr Arrogant replied that he will fine me the maximum amount..

Again I demanded him to show me the fare chart under which he was booking me but he denied..

Finally he issued me a challan for Rs 253..

Immediately after that I went to the GRP Police station to lodge an FIR against that guy for misbehavior and attempt to assault..

Now Mr. Arrogant was on the receiving side when the IIC of that station and the Chief Ticket Inspector scolded him in front of me (dil ko zara sa sukoon mila :) :) )

Today I have lodged a formal complaint against him with the CTI Bhubaneswar and DGM, East Coast Railways and they told me that the guy is going to be transferred to some remote station. :D

Document1.pdf

Edited by sujit_k
  • Like 8

Last line of transferring to remote station made me a bit sad for the guy but guess he deserves it, good on you for standing your ground and not bribing etc.

i had even taken a printout of the complaint that i was planning to submit @ the GRP Police station as an FIR, but then i was told that this guy is going to get married on 6th of this month, so thought that I would rather not do that.

These ticket checkers think that they have the law in their hands and that they can do anything to anyone in the railway station..

Same thing happened to me last year, I was going to Railway Station to drop someone and went upto Platform.

I was going to Railway Station after 10-15 years i believe. I didnt know that a platform ticket is required. I was under impression that anybody can go without any so called platform ticket.

When i was coming out of the Station the Cops stopped me and asked for Platform Ticket. When I told what? Which Ticket? Rather than telling me about Platform Ticket he said from where am I coming and by which Train.

I scolded him alot and told him that I am coming to Railway Station after 15 years; And i dont know about this Platform Ticket.

But he didnt agree.

Then i said him that from Entry of station till Platform where its writted or any Notice Board where its mentioned that i have to purchase a ticket for platform.

But he didnt agree upon my statement.

And at last i had to give Rs50 bribe.

Congratulations and nice to hear that some one has courage to stand against abuse of arrogant government machinery.

Today I have lodged a formal complaint against him with the CTI Bhubaneswar and DGM, East Coast Railways and they told me that the guy is going to be transferred to some remote station. :D

Thats great Sujit Bhai, good to see that you taught him the lesson. :)

He should be transferred to CHAMBAL Railway Station. Lolz :P

When i was coming out of the Station the Cops stopped me and asked for Platform Ticket. When I told what? Which Ticket? Rather than telling me about Platform Ticket he said from where am I coming and by which Train.

And at last i had to give Rs50 bribe.

Amit Bhai, at the very first these Cops don't have the authority to check the Platform Ticket at Railway Stations. Only Licensed Ticket Checker has the authority to check the same.

I do not remember the last time I purchased a Platform Ticket.. If ever I am WT than I ask my office guys to get 2 Platform tickets so that we can get out of station easily.

And I like to get a Chalan made rather than a Bribe. Like get General Ticket & board Sleeper or 3AC. Yesterday only I paid Rs. 185/- + 41/- for 3AC from Jabalpur to Katni (91 KM).

inspiring job done :hi2:

(off topic) i really wish there could be some other way to purchase a platform ticket rather than standing in the looong queue of Delhi stations

^^^

Railway Ticket on Mobile is going to be launch soon. Just send an sms and you will get your Platform Ticket on your Mobile as Sms. :)

i had even taken a printout of the complaint that i was planning to submit @ the GRP Police station as an FIR, but then i was told that this guy is going to get married on 6th of this month, so thought that I would rather not do that.

These ticket checkers think that they have the law in their hands and that they can do anything to anyone in the railway station..

I really appreciate the way stood up and your human side also. Good.

^^^

Railway Ticket on Mobile is going to be launch soon. Just send an sms and you will get your Platform Ticket on your Mobile as Sms. :)

That is really a great news

He should be transferred to CHAMBAL Railway Station. Lolz :P

Palasa Station to be specific.. That guy has a bad track record so far, as reported by the CTI.

^^^

That would be great.. Buy sms tkt only when you are caught :P

Those who are regularly travelling on AC and booking through IRCTC can get the Shubh Yatra card. First year 500+tax, 300+tax from second year. It gives 4% or 10% points (depending on time of the year) for all AC except AC-III. Points can be used for purchasing ticket on IRCTC, each point equal to Re.1.

The Shubh Yatra card also gives unlimited access to any Railway platform. Very useful particularly for major stations like New Delhi where platform tickets are not issued as crowd control measure whenever there are holiday rush.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 1

In Mumbai's Kurla station a very imaginative racket by RPF personnel went on for few years before it was busted.

RPF personnel would pick up passengers crossing railway tracks and bring them to a room at railway station which they said was the court. Passengers will be told that they are arrested and will be prosecuted. There was a magistrate sitting there who was actually an RPF constable.

Then suggestion would be made to the terrified passenger that he can apply for bail and will have to execute bail bond running from Rs 500 to Rs 5,000. Who wants to go to jail? So the passenger will hastily pay up thanking his luck and not to return there again in the dummy court. The constable (dummy magistrate) would then pass release order. They also kept fake bail bonds. All the money were then shared between RPF personnel. This went on for about 4 years and lacs of rupees collected before the racket was busted.

Even in such a case, out of 20+ people involved, railways only transferred many to other stations, very few were suspended after many months.

• Like 4

subh yatra comes with 1000s of conditions such as

to get the points you must be a passenger

to redeem you must be a passenger on the ticket

and spending Rs 300 per year is like going to platform once every 5 days.

• Like 1

Agree with Sujeet. Subh Yatra is waste for most of the users since 3AC is not included. Any the charges are too high.

yes it depends from person to person. for me and some of my colleagues it works out well. I generally make one/two rajdhani 1st AC round journeys in a year (got a small child who travels free on train but full fare if by air). In addition also make a few more 1st/2nd AC journeys for official purposes. So even after paying 300/yr still end up with a saving of 1000-1500 a year. The platform use is just an added advantage.

and spending Rs 300 per year is like going to platform once every 5 days.

Sujit Bhai, I'm using Shubh Yatra card from the time it launched. They offered it for free for the first year and from second year onwards they charge Rs.300/-. But believe me its very useful card. I often travel to Delhi in Rajdhani or other trains in 2nd AC and getting the benefit of this card.

Actually this Shubh Yatra card is not only a card for savings on railway tickets but it is a full flash Credit Card offered by SBI to IRCTC esteemed subscribers / customers. Shubh Yatra card number is punched on this credit card.

Ya... I am also using this card... It is very very useful...

This entire concept of platform ticket is quite ridiculous. We are there to say goodbye to our loved ones /friends right? We go there to help them with the luggage and for a send off. For this why the hell are we forced to stand in long queues? Platforms/trains are not maintained but purchase of platform ticket alone is enforced strictly.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

Many times it may happen you genuinely wish to purchase platform ticket but are unable to do so due to lack of time or due to heavy rush. At that times below 2 ideas can be applied.

1. Normally there are ticket counters outside Railway stations which are outsourced to private parties. these counters are generally in the vicinity of the station n charge 1re extra over n above the ticket charges. Now they don't have right to sell platform tickets but you can ask for passenger class ticket for nearest station so at least you can legally use platform. For me, nearest station ticket costs meager 2rs + 1 extra =3rs.

2nd option is to generate eticket sms relevant to that date which you are going on platform n show it as if you just alighted from the train.

I don't want anyone to use these ideas as general practice n rather buy platform ticket. But these ideas are only for such things when u really can't buy the ticket.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

may be different experience but interesting incident happened to me.

coming back from Goa to Mumbai, me and wify packed al lsorts of snacks and juices for 12 hr long journey.

as train started, was greeted with catering staff and wished me good evening (yes in english) and inquired what kind of food option i am lookin. i told him sorry but cant rely u on guys. he suggested me that u can visit Pantry and if satisfied - then place an order. i went and was surprise to see the neat and clean pantry car.

upon asking abt options. i was stunned to see the menu... starts from veg, cheese sandwich, burgers, onion bhajiya, methi bajaiya, vada paav

Alu paratha, veg paratha, juices and cold drinks. Non-veggies don’t get disheartened, they had lot to offer but I didn’t inquire.

On main course (they said me that they wud serve main course and not dinner). Starts from paratha, paneer sabji, biryani, raita, papad and sweets.

I had taken only curd and methi bhajiya and found it very delicious. Fellow passengers, who had ordered dinner were very happy and generously offered a tip. The best part, tip was refused!!!!.

Then had a word with manager kind of a person and he told me that catering is given on a year contract and they are damm happy with govt rates. They were not expensive and not very cheap also. A simple strategy was to serve good food and let passengers enjoy…. He was saying that daily basis, his business is improving.

So if ur train has private catering, u can rely on pantry food. some where train journey is improving.

Actually this Shubh Yatra card is not only a card for savings on railway tickets but it is a full flash Credit Card offered by SBI to IRCTC esteemed subscribers / customers. Shubh Yatra card number is punched on this credit card.

AFAIK subhyatra is a loyalty card and railway credit card is a different thing.. Anyone can have a subhyatra card but not a railway card as it is given based on your credit rating.

And my travel plans are always spontaneous so Tatkal me 2nd AC ka question hi nahi aata :P Its 3rd AC most of the tym.. so i dont think the card will be of much use to be.

I had got a call from someone from SBI Cards thouugh offering me that railway card some months ago, but i denied.

Well done Sujit.

More than the materiality of the punishment, it is the act of setting an example by transferring the erring officer that will act as a deterrent.

Hope it sends a strong message to all such railway personal that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated anymore.

While I was also offered the SBI Rail card free I preferred the ordinary Subh Yatra card for the simple reason the SBI credit card is not offered by SBI but by an NBFC called SBICSPL (SBI Card Services Private Ltd) and it does not come under the Banking Ombudsman process. I was not interested in having a credit card where standard dispute settlement mechanism does not apply.

• Like 1