Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manish

Fwp Connection Problems

Today my FWP (Fixed Wireless Phone orDabba Phone) was refusing to connect to the internet..

Usualy we see the phrase "Dialling PPP data".. on the screen but today it was showing "dialling modem data"

and after that i saw a messaga saying "Data Service Unavailable"

I am primarily a linux user.. so i thought may be i had a problem with the linux drivers for it (they were originally meant for the 2130 and i hacked it somehow to suit my FWP)

So i tried windows and got the same problem with an error code of 0678 (there is no answer)

In the diagnostic tests in kppp under linux i saw that the modem was giving the error "No Carrier Signal" when i was dialling.. so i thought that the problem must be in the initialization string of the modem

After a few calls to *333, i found out that the initialzation strings have changed!! ( I can say this for sure because i had used the same drivers in windows and linux before and not faced any problems

Earlier the string in windows used to be something like ATS7...

and in linux i was connecting with a simple atz;at+cta=30

but now the initialization string should be AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

I would be really happy if someone could explain me the meaning of LGPKT=3..

I am now connecting using kppp which is really nice and stable and offers far better diagnostics than any windows dialer.

I hope by sharing this info with you will save you lot of frustation and hair puling..

If you are using Rconnect in linux, i would sure like to know your view..