Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hello Guys !!

Good to be back at the forum and posting after such long gap ... anyways I have a query for which I only think I can get the answer here ...so here it goes..

I have been RCDMA customer till this April. Although they had many service and data issue, one thing that I liked about RCDMA is that if you have a EvDO postpaid/prepaid plan activated and if you go on national roaming, no additional charges would be needed and you can use EvDO service at roaming area and it will only be deducted from you data plan usage..

However since I switched to Idea GSM, I found this not be the case for GSM provider (atleast for Idea). IF I use 3g data while in roaming, no matter what 3g plan I have activated, the usual rates of 10p/10kb are charged (maybe more I dont remember). In my opinion this is not justified..

I wanted to know if you have experiences with other GSM provided like docomo/vodafone etc where 3g data plan is still usable on roaming ? I have just completed 90 days with Idea and was thinking of MNP to other provider and this is my primary criteria for screening (inclined to go for vodafone or docomo).

Thanks !!

Most of the GSM operator charge 3G data roaming. idea charges for 2G as well. For Data roaming Reliance CDMA & TATA CDMA are the best.

Also today TDSAT has rejected operators plea to allow 3G roaming.

MTS EVDO roaming is also free.

I don't think any operator charges additional money for (2G/3G) data roaming....though the CCare may say that roaming charges are applicable!

I have used my Vodafone 3G (Bangalore) prepaid connection in AP and TN and the data pack that i had activated in Bangalore was valid in other states aswell and no additional charges were levied.

• Like 1

Well... I have been to bangalore twice last month on my idea prepaid pune connection... And my balance was.vanishing like crazy bcoz I forgot to uncheck data roaming.. :D

So it definately chargable for Idea n Airtel too ( frnd told me ).

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think any operator charges additional money for (2G/3G) data roaming....though the CCare may say that roaming charges are applicable!

I have used my Vodafone 3G (Bangalore) prepaid connection in AP and TN and the data pack that i had activated in Bangalore was valid in other states aswell and no additional charges were levied.

I'll check out vodafone for this.. Thanks !

Does anyone have docomo 3g who can shed some light on whether its chafed for then or not as docomo has best 3g days plans on prepaid IMO..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^

Docomo prepaid charges as FREE data on roaming (with pack ofcourse)... For postpaid, roaming is chargeable...

^^^^^

Docomo prepaid charges as FREE data on roaming (with pack ofcourse)... For postpaid, roaming is chargeable...

many many thanx my friend for confirming this .. my next service provider is gonna be TATA DOCOMO prepaid now ... :D

MTNL/BSNL 3G also offers All India free roaming, including use of data packs.

I used tata mah number on chhattisgarh last month.. That's why i am very sure about that...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hello Guys,

i am on idea postpaid, delhi region with monthly 3g plan. Idea is not charging anything if i use 3g while on national roaming. but they charge to their prepaid customers. Same case is with airtel i guess, they offer free data roaming on postpaid but charge to prepaid customers.

I use Idea/Delhi 3G and Airtel 2G on postpaid.

I have been on roaming with these connections to few other states in north and north-east.

I had to pay extra only for Idea 3G roaming in West Bengal.

Idea CC told me its because Idea doesn't have 3G license for WB and my phone latched with Vodafone's 3G network in WB.

Everywhere else, I paid no extra amount for data.

I am using vodafone maharashtra sim 3g on airtel karnataka network.

data used is from pack.

also used docomo 3 g/2g in roaming while roaming on docomo network only.

data consumed from pack used.

both are prepaid.

will let u know for vodafone postpaid, once bill gets generated.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Idea Post Paid AP. Used 2g data in Maharashtra.

Tata Docomo Maharashtra, 2g data Used in Rajasthan,Gujrat,

No extra charges in both the above case

I am using MTNL Delhi 3g prepaid activated 100 GB per per year for Rs. 5000/- it is not charging any thing on roaming for data. Even Vodafone AP postpaid is not charing on roaming for its data for 99Rs. per month 2gb (2g) plan.

I took Reliance 3G connection for my niece at Delhi/NCR. Though not happen to check it on roaming, but was confirmed by web word guy and CC too, that data roaming will be free.

I am using Idea Postpaid which is a UP East connection. No roaming charged for visiting Delhi .

I took Reliance 3G connection for my niece at Delhi/NCR. Though not happen to check it on roaming, but was confirmed by web word guy and CC too, that data roaming will be free.

if you have subscribed to any data pack then there is no extra charge for roaming only on Reliance GSM networks.

I am using airtel prepaid 99 plan which gives 300 mb 3g data in roaming for past 2 months. My number is of Delhi circle and i am using it in bihar no extra roaming charges. In fact that is why i am using delhi number even in patna as the data charges are the same.

Idea Maharashtra and Goa circle does not give free 3G data roaming to its customer

I am using vodafone maharashtra sim 3g on airtel karnataka network.

data used is from pack.

also used docomo 3 g/2g in roaming while roaming on docomo network only.

data consumed from pack used.

both are prepaid.

will let u know for vodafone postpaid, once bill gets generated.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Did you try using Idea???

I am using !dea Gujarat, when 3G data roaming in Mumbai is on, the bill meter starts like concorde. Though I always have 1GB+ 3G recharge every month.

Evoing on Reliance using Tapatalk

I used idea prepaid rajasthan on roaming to up west and delhi.

Even though I have 3g data pack they deduct main balance. Cc says data is chargeable on roaming.

Not the same case with reliance and vodafone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

:previous:

Because !dea may not have 3G footprint in more circles, they have entered into the so-called 3G data roaming agreement with other operators dominant in those telecom circles. There is no easy way out than spending a huge balance during roaming on other 3G networks. I have noticed even during 2G roaming on !dea Mumbai, the same the same threshold of deduction persists.

Sent from Sensation XE using Tapatalk

^^ Its not the case. Idea charges per byte even while roaming on its network.