Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hello,

I have been trying to contact MTS CC as I needed to activate international roaming on my bro's MTS mumbai no, but no responses... So I came to the forum as my final resort, hoping for a quick response.

Actually my brother forgot to activate international roaming on his prepaid GSM sim (not CDMA, was not sure where to post ) while leaving for his offical 2 month tour to mediterranean and european countries. So nw I need to activate international roaming on his behalf.

If there is a way to activate international roaming after leaving the country , then please let me know asap, so that this issue can be resolved. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks !!!

Does MTS provide GSM also? or is it that you had already got the international roaming SIM (GSM) from MTS? And does MTS provide international roaming in prepaid? RCOM till date does not provide IR on even RCDMA, leave alone RGSM both prepaid.

Secondly, if IR was not activated prior to departure, I think it may be difficult to activate it now. Maybe you will need copies of your brother's PP, Visa etc. RCOM insists on these at the time of IR activation. Maybe if you have all these copies also, you will further need authorisation from your brother in your favour to enable MTS to activate IR. Not too sure about MTS procedures... You will need to contact someone with more knowledge on MTS.

Finally, why not try Matrix or Uniconnect or Magellan or Reliance World SIM? All these are far, far cheaper than the current IR charges of any existing Indian cellcos. I visited Europe for 15 days in May 2012 and I used both Matrix postpaid and Uniconnect prepaid. At that time, Uniconnect offered free incoming, now they have started charging i/c. Matrix postpaid bill came to Rs 16.5k whereas I used Uniconnect for all i/c calls and my total prepaid bill came to Rs. 2.5k. I used up the TT on my Uniconnect as the Sales man told me not to bring back any balance. Even then, the call charges were very, very reasonable as compared to Matrix.

In your case, maybe you will have to apply for the connection in your name (but that's not possible as they will require Visas, PP etc) You can call the Matrix or Uniconnect guy over to your place and discuss it out.

All the best.

Edited by KumaarShah
  • Like 1

RCDMA does have incoming roaming tieups with Verizon and Sprint or so I had read, of course in EU or non CDMA countries no international roaming would work.

Well certainly its a GSM as my bro has nexus s Gsm version.. Not sure about prepaid it postpaid. Also i saw on MTS that international roaming is provided but the mood given there is just valid if you are still in India. :-P

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Does MTS provide GSM also? or is it that you had already got the international roaming SIM (GSM) from MTS? And does MTS provide international roaming in prepaid? RCOM till date does not provide IR on even RCDMA, leave alone RGSM both prepaid.

Secondly, if IR was not activated prior to departure, I think it may be difficult to activate it now. Maybe you will need copies of your brother's PP, Visa etc. RCOM insists on these at the time of IR activation. Maybe if you have all these copies also, you will further need authorisation from your brother in your favour to enable MTS to activate IR. Not too sure about MTS procedures... You will need to contact someone with more knowledge on MTS.

Finally, why not try Matrix or Uniconnect or Magellan or Reliance World SIM?

In your case, maybe you will have to apply for the connection in your name (but that's not possible as they will require Visas, PP etc) You can call the Matrix or Uniconnect guy over to your place and discuss it out.

All the best.

Well I concede that my bro was stupid enough to look for options before goon for such long time. And I will try with the services you mentioned.. Let's hope for the best:rolleyes:

RCDMA does have incoming roaming tieups with Verizon and Sprint or so I had read, of course in EU or non CDMA countries no international roaming would work.

I am only talking about prepaid RCDMA and RGSM... When I went to Europe in Ma, I enquired and got the reply that RCOM does not provide IR in prepaid either RCDMA or RGSM also,.

Ok... So finally my bro picked up a Vodafone local card in Egypt. Now I need to find best ISD rates to gulf countries and Europe. Please advice.. I've heard Vodafone 299 world calling card is best for prepaid..

Thanks

Rcdma do provide ir on gsm network.

and mts has tie up with reliance for ir roaming.

so u can use mts number on partner operator of reliance, bu will definately require ir enabled sim.

for ir tariff, visit tata indicom and mts website.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Aircel calling card of INR100 has tariff of INR0.60/min to UK landlines. Other regions are also cheap. You need an Aircel SIM in India to use this card though. If you can call him at his work or any other landline number then this is best plan.

Vodafone also has region specific cards but they are costlier than Aircel.

If he is in UK then he can buy lycamobile or lebara prepaid SIM which cost 5GBP with 1GBP free talktime and tariff of 1 pence/min to India.

@dev

If you can take a Reliance connection, you can try relianceglobalcall, their charges are very reasonable and the talktime validity is for life time. More info at http://www.relianceglobalcall.com. You can use any reliance phone for using this - it can even be your neighbours phone. There is a PIN dialling, so you will not lose any balance. If you have an Android phone, you also have PIN less dialling, which you can activate if the phone is yours, but yes, the connection has to be RCOM - either RCDMA or RGSM.

Check the website or call TF 1800 200 1005 and see the ISD rates for various combinations and permutations. If you are happy, you can try it out.

Edited by KumaarShah