Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mitul_mehta

All About Nokia 6585

HI!

Since i will be moving to pune from mumbai i decided to buy a nokia 6585 with rim prepaid connection. I bought it from Reliance webworld from Dhole Patil Webworld for Rs.7131 (silver colour).

The screen just like the Nokia 6610 has a slow refresh rate and moreover Reliance has hidden many menu which otherwise would be avaialbe. Menus like MMS, Email,Picture Message are gone, the manuals says they are there. The Minibrowser is also missing. Many submenus have also gone like roaming can be set ot manual but only auto is avaialbe.

With respect to call quality, it is awesome you will love CDMA over GSm believe me. Even on signal bar the voice is awesome unlike gsm which struggles to retain clarity. Hence as per voice quality goes it beats my Nokia 6600 handsdown, Even the loudspeaker is very nice, very much hearable even in the fish market.

The down side is the heating of the phone in 3 to 5 minutes you start feeling the keypad getting hot. :angry:

thanks.

incase if you guys want to know more post your queries and i will oblige all the people.

mitul

P.S. More details are pushed in a post below as ppl have demanded. thanks. :(

Edited by mitul_mehta

Can you poat a detailed review for this...It will help all the forum members in makin a decision.... :(

Thanks for the review, hope you would post more as you become acquainted with the Nokia 6585 :(

HI!

Well guys since ppl have demanded more. Here you go, the cpu is slow, the screen refresh rate is bad you will notice a lag and apart from the built in browser has bee nremoved and R world software is not pushed in. On enquiring they said that by the end march or 1 week april 2005 they will update mnay cells which dont have R world and you can go to nokia service centre get the thing upgraded.

Overall a very cost effective lovable phone. The battery life is quite good and as i have metioned about the phone being heated well my analysis was wrong after 15 mins of talking u feel the heat.

the call quality rules believe me you wil throw away your favourite gsm phone. The menu structure is Nokia series 40 version 1.0 where the right key can configured to your choice.

the bug which i have found is in the sms inbox where on opening the sms and closing it, it shifts its position to last and the previous sms preceded the position. Strange but true.

It has GPS (menu disabled) which flashes which city you calling not only while calling but randomly in standby mode also, irritating it is.

The CC says you cant remove this feature, but it wont get on your nerves.

Nothing much remains to be said, this is the best cell from RIM -Nokia that i have seen.

One inportant mention the software CD is not included so you have to download it from the net http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,65484,00.html . The software is very helpful everything except sms can be backed up.

The IR port is fast and work on 115200 speed unlike other nokias which run on 57600 speed. You cant connect to the internet through IR, you have the buy the cable (DKU-5) thanks to Reliance, no drivers of IR for the R-connect software are availble. The FM is also of great use since i am shifting tp pune so for travelling its a neccesity. Apart from 90 plus sms capacity and 500 book capacity of 5 enteries +5 number per contact it also gives you 3 MB of free space in which 4 games - bounce, water rapid, triple pop and beach rally are pushed in and an convertor application is present. Other miscelleneuos things are voice recorder, voice tags, call restriction wherein you can specify all i/c or o/c or even specified numbers to be blocked and it works fine. Last its a Trimode phone works on analog, and digital mode and on 800 and 1900 bands. So in future this phone is capable of latching on to higher bands, the advantage would less heat as it is the 800 bands which causes this as per Nokia service centre.

phew! thats all please put specific question for me to answer if any still remain unanswered.

Edited by mitul_mehta

Hi.. i got the nokia 6585 around 3days back.. and i absolutely love it..

but the thing is the battery life s**ks...

I have been charging it every night, and it still discharges completely every day.. i dont use it that often, but still...

infact, when i slept last night, the charge was ful, but when i woke up, the phone had switched off was low battery.. within 6 hrs., it discharged...

what is this?

:lol: is anyone else facing this problem? :(

HI! Well mine doesn't. It gives atleast 2 days usage with 1/2 hour of talk time daily and listening to FM and fiddling it for 20 mins daily. Something wrong with your battery.

P.S. the admin as well users are requested to post all queries in the pinned post of 6585 so everyone can collect the complete info under one head rather than hunting for it in the whole forum. Hope the admins relocate this post under the right head.

thanks

mitul

Edited by mitul_mehta

Merged!

u must visit the Nokia service center and get the battery checked!

hi i have this phone since a month

the battery life that i get is around 1 hour of radio and an hour of talk time with standby for the day till night time that is around 12am

is this life fine or should it be more

secondly should we charge the handset with the charger powered on all night or shold we onl charge it till it gets charged

your battery is fine no probs at all. you can charge your battery over night no issue at all but the charger must not plugged for more than a week else that will afferct the battery inspite of it being Lithium ion. G oahead enjoy the cell it s brilliant man.

I want you to tell does the cell get hot in low signals after 3 to 5 mins? esp. the key pad area? pl update after checking it. Thanks. Btw, how much did you buy it for and was there any other offer attached to it?

regards,

mitul

I'm glad people are hating nokia too. And for good reason I must add.

I didn't know they had battery problems too... I expected that only of Samsung & LG!! Could it be because of RIM???? Are TATA users facing the same problem? I don't think its a CDMA problem (doubt if any white skinned people would put up with this crap)!

Or is it just that Nokia too discovered you can get away with any old s*h*i*t in India?

Hi Anujit

You seem to use Samsung. As it is the battery consumption of CDMA is high. Well..if you see the above posts carefully then you will realise that the guy had some problem with the battery. FYI, the battery of nokia cells is absolutely rocking if you compare with SS or LG. I have been using Nokia & touch wood its battery is far far far better.. :)

I agree with Veenu, Iam using 6255 and the battery life is just simply great compare to Samsung n191 and LG 5130 which I have used earliar.

I agree with Veenu, Iam using 6255 and the battery life is just simply great compare to Samsung n191 and LG 5130 which I have used earliar.

39227[/snapback]

Nokia 3125 has amazing 3 hrs continous talk time in a go in an very very low network area :blink::)

Even Nokia 3205 has 3 1/2 hrs continous talk time in low network area.

Hmm :D But how can it be,more than companies quoted Up to 2.4 hrs :( ,780 mah batery cannot giv backup more dan 900 mah. :angry:

Miracles do happen ... could be company's miscalculation :D

i too have nokia 6585 i dont catch fm like another nokia catch.... the good thing i love of this fone s it didnt get home soon

Hi

I've recently purchased Nokia 6585. I am disappointed with what Reliance has done to this piece of engineering. I purchased this phone because it supports WAP, JAVA & PC synch. Kindly guide me with folowing queries:

1. While talking, how can I adjust the volume of earpiece/loudsp/headset? I've tried following in vain:

The upper arrow key goes to last contact.

The lower arrow key goes to first contact.

The left arrow key goes to message composer.

The right arrow key goes to calendar.

Previously I had 2112 in which upper & lower arrow keys adjust volume while talking.

2. While listening to radio, how can I adjust the volume of loudsp/headset? I've tried same as in query #1.

3. 6585 is WAP enabled. Menu item number 11 (mini browser) is missing. Is it because Reliance does not support WAP?

4. 6585 is JAVA enabled. But there is no "Download Application" option in "Application" menu. This option is mentioned in user manual.

5. For PC suite, downloading the software from internet is the only option? There is no software CD & cable in 6585 package box.

I purchased this phone after seeing the features on nokia web site. I did not check with reliance users etc. Now I regret paying for those features which I cannot use. Worst thing is that the R-webWorld guy did not tell me these shortcomings. Now he is saying that he cannot help me & I should contact Nokia service center!!!

Otherwise the recetion/transmission & voice clarity is better as compared to my other GSM phone (Nokia 2300).

Thanks

Sanjeev

HI!

Well guys  since ppl have demanded more. Here you go, the cpu is slow, ..................................................................................................

phew! thats all please put specific question for me  to answer if any still remain unanswered.

28945[/snapback]

1. While talking, how can I adjust the volume of earpiece/loudsp/headset? I've tried following in vain:

The upper arrow key goes to last contact.

The lower arrow key goes to first contact.

The left arrow key goes to message composer.

The right arrow key goes to calendar.

Previously I had 2112 in which upper & lower arrow keys adjust volume while talking.

Use the volume control button on the left hand sind of your handset.

2. While listening to radio, how can I adjust the volume of loudsp/headset? I've tried same as in query #1.

same as #1

3. 6585 is WAP enabled. Menu item number 11 (mini browser) is missing. Is it because Reliance does not support WAP?

Yes Reliance has disabled it. You can activate the mini browser in you menu but cannot use it ... :( (

4. 6585 is JAVA enabled.  But there is no "Download Application" option in "Application" menu. This option is mentioned in user manual.

Reliance has disabled this too ....

5. For PC suite, downloading the software from internet is the only option? There is no software CD & cable in 6585 package box.

you have to buy the cable seperately and download the PC Suite software from nokia site ..

Edited by Chirag

Hi,

I am using Nokia 6585 since April, the only fault i have found is the mobile gets hanged..not a single button operates not even the ON/OFF button. i hav eto remove the back cover, remove the battery and place it again. to turn it on...

Any hints how to solve this problem...

Babloo

hi guys

i too have a 6585 since april 2005. managed to purchase 2 sets for me and my family

my 6585 had a cracked panel which i did not notice when i got from the webworld thus my bad luck, it cracked and broke and now i have a broken back for my phone. i have tried in vain to ghet a spare panel for this phone but i do not get it niether from nokia nor from the local market of dummies .

also now the material used for the phone's internal white body is also very brittle and cracks from places

please let me know if anyone has found a place when we get spares for this phone

Whats the pricing for 6585, also can a body of GSM 6610 can fit 6585

dhiraj

hi guys

i too have a 6585 since april 2005. managed to purchase 2 sets for me and my family

my 6585 had a cracked panel which i did not notice when i got from the webworld thus my bad luck, it cracked and broke and now i have a broken back for my phone. i have tried in vain to ghet a spare panel for this phone but i do not get it niether from nokia nor from the local market of dummies .

also now the material used for the phone's internal white body is also very brittle and cracks from places

please let me know if anyone has found a place when we get spares for this phone