Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujit_k

TRAI Issues Quality Of 2G, 3G and 4G Mobile Internet Service Standards

Now, there seems to be good news for all the 2G, 3G and 4G Mobile Internet users, India’s telecom watchdog Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) today issued guidelines on Minimum Quality Benchmark for Mobile Internet services – GPRS, 2G and 3G / EVDO and 4G Data service.

TRAI-Issues-Quality-of-2G-3G-and-4G-Mobile-Internet-Service-Standards.jpg

With the new regulation – “Standards of Quality of Service for Mobile Data Services Regulations, 2012” TRAI will monitor Quality of Mobile Internet service on nine parameters, including Minimum Download Speed, Successful Data transmission Download and Upload Attempts, Latency – the amount of time taken by a packet to reach the receiving endpoint after being transmitted from the sending endpoint etc.

The TRAI has also recommended that all Mobile Internet Service providers should activate Mobile Internet (GPRS/3G/4G/CDMA – EVDO) within 3 hours of the customer requesting for it, with a 95% success rate.

TRAI said that presently, there is No Quality of Service Standards for the Mobile Data Services in India. It is necessary to benchmark and monitor the quality of service offered by the service providers of mobile data services with various options open to the implementing agencies so that the interests of consumers are protected.

TRAI, therefore, decided to benchmark the Quality of Service parameters for mobile data services, so that the interests of consumers are protected. Accordingly, the draft regulations have been prepared by the regulator.

Proposed Quality of Service parameters for Mobile Data services :

TRAI-Quality-of-Service-parameters-for-Mobile-Internet-services-in-India.jpg

All Mobile Internet Service providers have been asked to send /submit their view or comments on above regulation by 25th July, 2012 and counter comments by 1st August, 2012 to the TRAI.

Source : TelecomTalk.info

FIRST Quality standards should be strictly maintained for LANDLINE/ADSL broadband connections only... They are the main reasons for failure of BroadBand in India... BSNL is affordable, but quality is slightly better than sh!t (FROM MY EXPERIENCE, minimum 2 to 5 days downtime and rest of days with service at its worst)... AirHELL service will be good, but costs an arm and leg... MTNL is best, but its limited to just 2 cities...

This is not final standard which is implemented. It's DRAFT regulation. The consultation process with service provider is on. Once they submit their inputs, then final standard will be made.

FIRST Quality standards should be strictly maintained for LANDLINE/ADSL broadband connections only... They are the main reasons for failure of BroadBand in India... BSNL is affordable, but quality is slightly better than sh!t (FROM MY EXPERIENCE, minimum 2 to 5 days downtime and rest of days with service at its worst)... AirHELL service will be good, but costs an arm and leg... MTNL is best, but its limited to just 2 cities...

For me bsnl has been best... Using at my home as well as office since so many years. earlier it used be down many times... But since more than a year or so, it is hardly down. More than 99% up time. I have pretty much usage around 35gb approx a month. But yes, they have lot to do to maintain the standards... Let's see what's in store....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am using BSNL from the last 4 years and it is the best for me.. very good download speed. 99.5% uptime...... good plans .... I am using unlimited 1350 plan in which I get 20 GB data per month @ 4 MBPS and beyond that unlimited @512 KBPS. I've shared this connection through wifi router and all PC, laptop and phones at my place uses it. I am very much satisfied with BSNL... :)

Hmmm, there are few places Bsnl service is good without a doubt... But are you sure they are giving the same good service u are experiencing throughout the city?

QoS is PoS wrt BSNL here in my town... Even Wimax has 2 to 3 days downtime a month.. I am using 35 to 40 GB per month on 512kbps Wimax unlimited plan. Its better than BSNL dataone, which has upto 8 to 10 days downtime a month in my area.. In centre of city near exchange the quality is good. But I am also giving same paise as people living near exchange..

I am not even going to mention about their (linemen) problem solving capacity.. BSNL and AirHELL had a wonderful chance to bring internet revolution in India.. But former is kumbhaKarna who is powerful but always sleeping.. Later is greedy kamsan...

These two arrogant giants are responsible for current condition of internet in India... BSNL should concentrate on qos and AirHELL should be less greedy.. Both are not at all going to happen in near future..

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2