Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vvinayakpai

Reliance GSM (Karnataka) Call Any Local Mobile For 1 paise /3 sec

LINK: http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/prepaid/PlansandPacks.html

Reliance has introduced a Rs. 24 voucher which offers 1ps/3 seconds for all local calls with a validity of 90 days for its GSM customers.

This offer is not updated on its CDMA section.

I think Reliance is planning to quit CDMA, becaise from the past few days on my CDMA phone, I am made to dial a number at least twice to sucessfully complete a call. The network condition is depreciating day by day. And added to that partiality to GSM, Reliance is sure digging its own grave, and that too a LARGE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinayak Pai

Considering the condition of their gsm network, they are definitely digging their grave if they are not interested in Cdma services...

Even tata is doing the same, atleast their gsm network quality is not as bad as rgsm and their Cdma network is not as good as rcom...

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

@vvinayakpai,

Thats a pretty good offer for RGSM customers, though its sad that RCOM is now ignoring RCDMA all India. Hope they don't shut down RCDMA, even though I was very much predicting the same about 2 years back. And now RCOM has made Karnataka as its guinea pig for all new offers, earlier it was TN.

@kanaga,

I do not face much problems with RGSM in Chennai as such, not too sure about rest of TN and also India. I feel 2G data on RGSM is better than on Voda/Airtel/Aircel. The worst of the lot is Airtel. Sometimes, I do experience poor call quality but thats inherent in GSM. My only problem with RCOM is the lackadaisical and nincompoopish attitude of their CC and their WW people.

They can always strengthen RGSM network when they wind up RCDMA, if at all they really do so. Remember Hutch (now Voda) also took about 5 years to grow from scratch in TN and Chennai. I remember the days when we had to go outdoors to receive calls on our Skycell (now Airtel) mobiles / RPG (now Aircel) mobiles.

I am using both RGSM and RCDMA and enjoying both equally now. I agree RGSM voice may not be comparable to RCDMA but its definitely improving... Their EDGE speeds are pretty good around 20KB/s and occasionaly 28KB/s. Such speeds were never seen in Idea, BSNL or others.

RGSM needs to expand their coverage which I guess will be slow in light of RCOM's financial condition. Seems they are waiting for final Telecom policy incl. 3G roaming pacts so that unnecessary capex can be prevented.

With 1p/3s = 20p = IUC....!!!!!

I wonder how can they offer such tariff for offnet calls? I am sure iuc is calculated in per minute and not based on per second or per call (from earlier post on Rimweb)... May be they are expecting change in (or removal of) IUC in August?

@Kumar sir

Yes, speed of rgsm edge is good in TN and they throttle it down in circles where they got 3G license.. Even they once throttled down in 2g only circles also to promote their EVDO services.. Then they stopped that mischief as it was not much useful..

And during their film release dates, downloading from file sharing websites is like pain in the donkey...

Reg voice clarity issues, that is not only in their new circles, but also in their age old RTL circles too...

Further if they are going to stop their Cdma services, then they are finished, imho

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2