Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dev997

Reliance CDMA on Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE

Dear all,

Is there a upgrade on android to 4.2.1 available on sprint galaxy nexus CDMA (on reliance network)? Thanks

Dear all, Is there a upgrade on android to 4.2.1 available on sprint galaxy nexus CDMA (on reliance network)? Thanks

Yes Sprint has launched 4.2.1 for Galaxy Nexus.

@all: The recent cdma radio(GA02) is really nice. It is giving better connectivity and is battery friendly too(as long as you keep EVDO off when not using). I think it is better than all radios from before like FC12, FD02, FG01 and FH05.

Has anybody tried the 4.2.1 update on galaxy nexus.

No update on my device so far...

Has anybody tried the 4.2.1 update on galaxy nexus.

No update on my device so far...

Do it manualy if it is not happening automatically OTA. I haven't tried it myself cause I am running custom ROM which suits me better than stock.

I have been using 4.2.1 since one week now. Its stable so far. Radio is FC12 as usual, Did not try GA02 radio.

All features work including EVDO and activation. Best part is 360 camera and lock screen customisation.

I have been using 4.2.1 since one week now. Its stable so far. Radio is FC12 as usual, Did not try GA02 radio.

All features work including EVDO and activation. Best part is 360 camera and lock screen customisation.

Yes, Photosphere is really cool. Or maybe it is because of the wait.

As far as I have seen, GA02 is a great improvement over other radios. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

On a side note: I have noticed that Toroplus(Sprint Galaxy Nexus) is the least dev favorite Galaxy Nexus. Makes you wonder why?

Dear Kapil ji

can you plz help us how to update 4.2.1 . how to manuualy update device and what setting we have to do again, so that device will work with reliance .From last 2 days i was having massage of OTA update , but when i start it to update decive shows some error and update gort terminated . plz help us to use lastest update in our devices too.

I used odin to flash the update when it was out as a Leak. Dont know about the OTA and why it failed.

Dear Kapil ji

can you plz help us how to update 4.2.1 . how to manuualy update device and what setting we have to do again, so that device will work with reliance .From last 2 days i was having massage of OTA update , but when i start it to update decive shows some error and update gort terminated . plz help us to use lastest update in our devices too.

Although you didn't asked me, I think I should help you.

For OTA update you need following three things:

1. Your bootloader should be locked

2. You should be running unrooted stock ROM.

3. You sould be on FH05 radio.

Before somebody quotes me over the third point I would like to excalim that some people running earlier radios like FC12 are facing problems while trying to update OTA.

You can always flash the stock 4.2.1 ROM by using Odin or from recovery but OTA is much more easier and fun to do.

• Like 1

^^^

You are right, OTA is easy. But please note that

99% of Galaxy Nexus CDMA are rooted (at least for Reliance & TATA)

80% are using FC12 radio due to EVDO.

So OTA wont work.

Better Download complete ROM from http://d-h.st/xh6

and you can use ODIN or fastboot method (make sure bootloader is unlocked)

fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

• Like 3

Respected gurus ,the ota update got failed because phone is rooted .

You both gave very nice procedure to update device , now my question is that , will I have to make some other modification also after updating the device to work with reliance and evdo.

Right now I m using 4.1.1 and even after reseting handset to factory setting nothing will change like old CDMA imported handsets.

Plz help me.

^^^

So OTA wont work.

Better Download complete ROM from http://d-h.st/xh6

and you can use ODIN or fastboot method (make sure bootloader is unlocked)

fastboot erase cache

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Strange thing happened with me.

I'm no expert in flashing ROMS, and decided to try the ota.

My galaxy nexus got updated without any issues to 4.2.1 with new baseband and radio GA02

Kapil ji, as I'm not using evdo, I dont know whether its working or not.

Earlier it was on fc12.

However, when I tried ota on my brother's gnexus, ota was downloaded and after restart, there was an error and the phone rebooted in 4.1.1

Both phones are working perfectly,but one got updated and the other didn't.

@bhav , what was happened with your bro mobile , same was happened with me , ota update downloded and when installed phone got restarted and showed that update terminated because it was rooted ( some massage like that ) . and again i am having 4.1.1 also , now phone shows no new update available.

Gurus plz help us with a detailed note so that we can also enjoy this 4.2.1 update and others too who are using this phone with reliance.

^^^

Its nice to know that I am among those 1%

EVDO is working fine on GA02 without any issues. Actually it works on every radio but FC12 and GA02 don't need tweaking.

You both gave very nice procedure to update device , now my question is that , will I have to make some other modification also after updating the device to work with reliance and evdo.

Right now I m using 4.1.1 and even after reseting handset to factory setting nothing will change like old CDMA imported handsets.

Plz help me.

I am no guru but I am addicted to helping people in need.

First of all factory resetting won't unroot the phone.

Okay here is what you need to do. Visit this thread first of all. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1614922

It has all the instructions but don't do anything just yet.

1. Now what you need to do is download FH05 radio present here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tlko9fd4k9n9sj/toroplus_full_radios-FH05.zip

I hope the link works. Use the instructions about installing radio from the thread.

2. Unroot the phone. Again instructions in the thread.

Restart and now you must be seeing the update available. Do that an you are on 4.2.1

If you are still facing some trouble then visit this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134801

And don't worry. Updating won't remove your Reliance settings. They are saved on separate block of memory.

You can always flash the stock ROM with Odin or fastboot but as I said before OTA has its charm.

P.S.: If you are on registered on XDA then don't forget to like QBking's post.

My galaxy nexus got updated without any issues to 4.2.1 with new baseband and radio GA02

Earlier it was on fc12.

However, when I tried ota on my brother's gnexus, ota was downloaded and after restart, there was an error and the phone rebooted in 4.1.1

You are quite lucky. I haven't seen anyone updating successfully from FC12 radio OTA.

• Like 2

^^^

Its nice to know that I am among those 1%

EVDO is working fine on GA02 without any issues. Actually it works on every radio but FC12 and GA02 don't need tweaking.

Plz help me.

I am no guru but I am addicted to helping people in need.

First of all factory resetting won't unroot the phone.

Okay here is what you need to do. Visit this thread first of all. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1614922

It has all the instructions but don't do anything just yet.

1. Now what you need to do is download FH05 radio present here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tlko9fd4k9n9sj/toroplus_full_radios-FH05.zip

I hope the link works. Use the instructions about installing radio from the thread.

2. Unroot the phone. Again instructions in the thread.

Restart and now you must be seeing the update available. Do that an you are on 4.2.1

If you are still facing some trouble then visit this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134801

And don't worry. Updating won't remove your Reliance settings. They are saved on separate block of memory.

You can always flash the stock ROM with Odin or fastboot but as I said before OTA has its charm.

P.S.: If you are on registered on XDA then don't forget to like QBking's post.

Earlier it was on fc12.

You are quite lucky. I haven't seen anyone updating successfully from FC12 radio OTA.

Dear funky ace , i am having ClockworkMod recovery in my sprint nexus and if i update 4.2.1 with ( install from zip option - ClockworkMod) will it work ?

Dear funky ace , i am having ClockworkMod recovery in my sprint nexus and if i update 4.2.1 with ( install from zip option - ClockworkMod) will it work ?

Certainly. But I would suggest you to install Team Win Recovery Project (or TWRP) recovery instead of ClockworkMod. Nowadays, It is the best recovery hands down. It is fully touch recovery. No more volume rocker stuff.

How to do it? Simple. Just go to Play Store and install GooManager. In the upper right are the 3 vertical menu buttons - press it, and select “Install OpenRecoveryScript”. Agree to all the scary warnings it throws at you: it will ask a final time if you want to flash TWRP 2.3.2.1 (or whatever newer version there is). Agree and let it do its thing... the phone may or may not reboot. You are done.

Now reboot into recovery and install your 4.2.1 stock. Don't forget to clear data, cache and dalvik cache and system. And then click Install and select your zip.

If Gapps is not bundled in your stock ROM then you would need to Install that too. How you find that out? Check when your phone boots. If there are google service like gmail and play store available then you don't need Gapps otherwise you do. You would need Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Gapps like this http://d-h.st/8Ax Don't need to download it right now. If Google services are not present then download it. But as far as I know stock contains Gapps since it is 'STOCK'.

If you want to back up apps before installing ROM then use Titanium Backup but I don't think you would need that since you just factory reseted your device.

If you want to back up text then use the application called MyPhoneExplorer on your PC and back up using it. It is really handy. Then again I don't think you would need that since you just factory reseted your device.

Contacts are automatically back uped on your gmail account if you have registered one on your phone.

That's all. Happy flashing.

Edited by funky_ace

Also installed Radio FH05 , and then went for OTA , but still same massage , its says , can't verify signature .

Today I also got OTA...was getting notification from so many days and everytime it failed but today automatically updated. Everything working fine including EVDO. My nexus was rooted. Love the camera features.

Today I also got OTA...was getting notification from so many days and everytime it failed but today automatically updated. Everything working fine including EVDO. My nexus was rooted. Love the camera features.

Dear Amit, can you plz tell us which radio you are using in your galaxy nexus .?

Thanks All :) phone got updated to 4.2.1 via fast boot . and 1x is working fine , do i again need to update raid for evdo.

Dear Amit, can you plz tell us which radio you are using in your galaxy nexus .?

Its automatically updated to GA02...

I think U r correct... Actually daytime I was getting very good browsing speed so I didn't bother to check n thought its EVDO....Just now I checked n I feel its 1x... will see tomorrow again n then confirm...but if u see earlier posts of gaurav in this thread u can see he is using EVDO on GA02... Also I dont think GA02 will support only 1x..I mean how can an upgraded radio will support lesser function...

For People whose update process terminated due to root I remember while updating I got the message that root lost and then it asked me to flash su again and I selected yes and update went smoothly... All happened within the update process.

Edited by amit.shippie

After update in GA02 only 1x was working , then i moved back to fc12 radio and now 1x and evdo both are working fine.

Other users who also upgraded to 4.2.1 plz check GA02 radio , and update us so that we call can enjoy stable and latest versions in our devices.