Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vickSs

Unable to re-activate HTC Hero with Reliance CDMA

Hello Friends,

Off lately i am facing a unique problem.

First i had HTC Hero whose MEID i got registered through one of our Forum legend i.e Sadik bhai.

After purchasing HTC Incredible, i got my number transferred from HTC Hero to HTC Incredible through Webworld ( mumbai ).

Everything was fine unless now when i wanted to give my handset to one of my pal.

He went to Webworld ( Pune ) to get his number transferred from his reliance sim to HTC Hero.

On service request the webworld guy transferred the number from sim to HTC Hero but the services could not be activated on HTC Hero. After detailed study the Webworld guys said that the ESN and MIn are having problem ( not matching ).

As suggested by Sadik Bhai and Muffadal bhai i asked the Webworld guys again but same answer, they are saying that you need to get your handset's software right and for that take your handset to HTC store.

On visiting HTC Store the store guys said that this is a sprint handset and we are unable to provide you assistance for the same.

Frankly i am totally confused as to whats the situation and what should be done.

My neighbor also is facing the same problem when he tried to give his handset.

Is there any solution to this unique problem ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

vickSs

read the MIN from his RUIM using any nokia cdma handset and manually write the MIN onto HERO..

Simillar problem faced by me also, earlier I was having Hero and subsequently transfered my number to

epic. Given my old hero to my brother, he has tried to activate the no thro ww. In two attempts the number

was not got activated in hero. Simillar reply was given by ww people. There is software problem. I am also

interested know the solution for this problem. Hero is lying with me idle. It's meid is registered one.

Sivashankkar

Check status of handset by sending sms to 53733

Getstat

Reply will explain all

Hi aalok bhai,

can you guide me with the procedure ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kshah bhai, herez the reply

Handset status as on 12/07/2012 , 07:38:44 PM with RSN A1000012362419 : will NOT work with a Postpaid GSK, Prepaid GSK and a HCC.

i had already did that...

Edited by vickSs

Problem seems to be your release of RSN. As far as I know when you request handset change, WW people first report it as LOST, then upon request it is MADE FOUND in the system.

I am not sure how system deals with LOST RSN if not MADE FOUND IN DUE COURSE.

To check any number active on it send SMS to ODR <RSN> and see the response. If any number is active, it will show which and if not it may say RSN NOT FOUND blah blah blah.......

In my case, status is can be used with gsk, hcc etc but not able to transfer no into it.

After sending ODR and RSN at 53738 it reads :

request could not be processes.

Please check your entry and try again.

Check status of handset by sending sms to 53733

Getstat

Reply will explain all

What's wrong with 53733 now a days?

Even for perfectly MEID registered handsets which are currently working on RCDMA with calls, SMS & EVDO, it shows the status as "will NOT work with a Postpaid GSK, Prepaid GSK and a HCC." :confuse:

Because its active it shows IT WILL NOT WORK. If it is not active it will say IT WILL WORK :thumbup:

• Like 1

That's why it confuses people even more because if i remember correctly, in the past even active handsets used to show status as "Will work with a Postpaid GSK, Prepaid GSK and a HCC". They changed something in between!

They changed to new OTAF Server

Give me MEID and its GETSTAT Results on PM will solve it !

• Like 1

^ very true hetal sir.. migrated from Huawei to ZTE units..

Hetal Bhai,

it says you cannot receive new messages.

Handset status as on 12/07/2012 , 07:38:44 PM with RSN A1000012362419 : will NOT work with a Postpaid GSK, Prepaid GSK and a HCC.

Something is wrong with 53733 it says "info.is not available at the moment please try again".

LATEST UPDATE :-

After long fight with the Webworld Guys my pal just got his number back on sim card.

The guys said that the RSN is not in out datavase ( i.e blocked )

Can any one tell me how to get the RSN unblocked so that i could be able to transfer number on the handset.

Thanks in advance.

i am also facing same problem with my palm pixi+, unable release RSN after changing the number. is any one will help? i'll pay for it.

This may not be related to the original topic. I have an almost 3 year old HTC Hero which I used and subsequently gave it to my wife.

Thanks to Parin the bhai, number was transferred by the ww people and everything was fine for almost a year now toll a few days back when all of a sudden the phone stopped receiving sms. Everything else works fine and outgoing sms are working. Just incoming sms don't work. Any ideas what could be wrong?