Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

Yippie!! :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow... Super Duper news......from a reliable source...

:Sorprendido::smiley-bounce022: :smiley-bounce022: :winko:

post-24516-007472500 1282196127_thumb.jp

That's truly amazing HP keep it up

Halol is just 90 kms from my office, let me plan visit to Halol next week.

wish it comes to haryana as it is also non 3 g circle

• Like 1

Good development. Nice to know Reliance is still doing something in CDMA! Will this benefit the data dongle market only because are there any smartphones currently which are EVDO Rev B capable?

Sir not sure about others but afaik evo3d and epic 4G touch does support it. http://www.gizmofusion.com/2011/09/sprint-upgrading-existing-3g-coverage-area-to-evdo-rev-b-october-7th/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

are there any smartphones currently which are EVDO Rev B capable?

No there are not much device but it's not difficult to get it and get it ready

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir not sure about others but afaik evo3d and epic 4G touch does support it. http://www.gizmofusi...-b-october-7th/

Hmmm... HTC does not mention Rev B in official specs here but Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660 SOC of EVO 3D does support it if we have to believe PDAdb specs.

May be it will need a radio update to unlock the feature.

So epic 4g touch users would have to get a new handset when it is active. Any idea on which handsets have been tried? Can we try putting E4GT to Rev. B mode?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by vishalsheth

Apart from speed does the RCDMA users have any other benefit like video calls... Etc.

@kshah

which device will u use for testing?

does rcom started selling evdo b modem?

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Multi Carrier Rev B will be primarily for Incresing through out for older model so useres will get devided in dual carrier of EVDO channel, RevB Single Device multicarrier operation is quite possible now but they are not targeting it right now

WHat we will get is Faster Speed due to lesser congestion, Video Call dont have do with Tecknology is Pure Video-o-IP and its pure software based mechanism, if reliance moves to IMS based back hauls then Video Call is quite possible for CDMA with proper backend server and front end apps for Android phones.

Please search for RevB based OMH Datacasd or MiFi device we can ask Kalpak to go there and Test it for us !

• Like 1

Multi carrier means one device is using more that 1 channel at any instance. This will increse it's speed. Along with evdo rev b, which also have higher capacity for caring more data. So this will also increse speed.

we have world first operator MTS with rev b phase II sucessfully implemented in jaipur.

thus they can avle to offer 9.8mbps with 2 channel/carrier of 4.9mbps each, otherwise photon max offering 3 or may be 2 carrier of 3.1 mbps.

so where it comes question of diving half of user on 1st channel/carrier and rest on second.

my question is what rcom is trying to do with multi carrier?

diving user on 2 differnt channel will leads to only small improvement due to less congestion, but one user using 2 ore more channel simultaneously will boost his speed. And that is truely taking advantage of multicarrier rev b EVDO spectum of 800MHZ.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Just now received a SMS from Reliance as follows: -

Dear Customer, due to server upgrade you may face difficulty in Data Services on 20/7/2012 (6.30 AM to 11.30AM IST) in international roaming. Reliance.

Is it connected to the above RevB upgrade? And the above SMS is meant for international roamers on CDMA? or there is something I did not get right?

@ saket

I don't know, I I have razr Maxx and photon, I also do not know what am I going to do there but we are so addicted to cdma that we keep on wasting time and money on it. I :wub:

Mts guys here are not aware if their modems are rev B. I

Any update for Rev. B?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

No update yet from reliance I yesterday visited rworld ..they r nt aware of such services. ...

I thanks to reputed members here

Plz susgest any Rev B device.
Cdma phone which r ruim based and rev b.

Have reliance started commercial EVDO Rev B?

Evdo Rev. B seems to have gotten cold already.

if the rumours of the return of Mukesh to RCom is true, there would be no logic for RCom to pursue Rev.B.... WHEN they can straightway offer LTE

I saw the commercials for MTS Ultra and Tata Photon Max and at first it seemed to me that they are using Rev. B but now I am a bit confused. Tata Photon Max(with inbuilt WiFi) is giving a maximum down rate of 6.2 Mbps, exactly double of Rev. A while MTS Ultra is somewhere around 9.8 Mbps. As far as I know Rev B is supposed to provide 14.7 Mbps down rate. So what kind of technology are these two using? And will Reliance follow suit?

I saw the commercials for MTS Ultra and Tata Photon Max and at first it seemed to me that they are using Rev. B but now I am a bit confused. Tata Photon Max(with inbuilt WiFi) is giving a maximum down rate of 6.2 Mbps, exactly double of Rev. A while MTS Ultra is somewhere around 9.8 Mbps. As far as I know Rev B is supposed to provide 14.7 Mbps down rate. So what kind of technology are these two using? And will Reliance follow suit?

That depends on number of MHz of Spectrum that a carrier holds. For every block, they get around 3.1 mbps. Mts holds 3 blocks (9.3 Mbps) and Tata hold 2 (6.2 Mbps)..