Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

Pro 3 is available in Bombay but only on dongle for now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Sent from my

On 1st nov I visited mumbai. I was getting rev b network in my htc desire 816 and speed upto 5-6 mbps. Here in bangalore I am getting 8-10 mbps..

Will the Rev b network work on LG optimus g using dfs? Because I somewhere read that the hardware is capable of use of rev b network.

Will the Rev b network work on LG optimus g using dfs? Because I somewhere read that the hardware is capable of use of rev b network.

Link ?

It's HTC one m7 capable of rev B?

Sent from my

On 1st nov I visited mumbai. I was getting rev b network in my htc desire 816 and speed upto 5-6 mbps. Here in bangalore I am getting 8-10 mbps..

Sent from my

Sameer,

I bought a HTC One E8 recently.

I'm not able to get the connections rightly.

The data gets connected and keeps dropping in sometime and it says - "Disconnected because service is unavailable".

Also, connection is always on 1X and EV symbol shows up, but without connectivity.

Could you please be able to help me rectifying the connection issue?

Would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vinay

Sent from my

Sameer,

The data gets connected and keeps dropping in sometime and it says - "Disconnected because service is unavailable".

Also, connection is always on 1X and EV symbol shows up, but without connectivity.

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

1. Have you activated EVDO on your sim? if not then please get it activated first by creating a request through reliance insta care app. This is the best way to get it activated within 48 hrs. Rev b is here in bangalore, so go to setting--About--network--mobile network type and check network, it should be type of EvDo-rev A or EvDo-rev B. if it is there then your area is covered under EvDo.

2. If EvDo is already activated then please check your sim type. in bangalore, reliance web world is providing old pattern type sim, which is not compatible for smartphones. please replace your sim card with new pattern.

• Like 1

Sent from my

NO. htc one 802d(indian version dual sim) is capable for rev B.

Sent from my

NO. htc one 802d(indian version dual sim) is capable for rev B.

I confirm HTC One Dual indian version (802d) is showing Rev.B. I am using docomo CDMA getting better speed than ordinary phone.

Sent from my

Sameer,

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

1. Have you activated EVDO on your sim? if not then please get it activated first by creating a request through reliance insta care app. This is the best way to get it activated within 48 hrs. Rev b is here in bangalore, so go to setting--About--network--mobile network type and check network, it should be type of EvDo-rev A or EvDo-rev B. if it is there then your area is covered under EvDo.

2. If EvDo is already activated then please check your sim type. in bangalore, reliance web world is providing old pattern type sim, which is not compatible for smartphones. please replace your sim card with new pattern.

Thanks a ton Sameer for your reply,

On point 1, EvDo services are active on my SIM, and I checked the Mobile Network Type in the About section. It is EvDo-rev.B.

On point 2, I will now have to check the SIM type; as you rightly mentioned, it is a very old SIM which I started using from my older phone (cut into nano size).

Will get it replaced asap and get back to you with the results.

But, as you also mentioned -

reliance web world is providing old pattern type sim, which is not compatible for smartphones. please replace your sim card with new pattern.

Would reliance web world issue the new pattern sim card to me? Or how do I go about it?

Many thanks,

Vinay

• Like 1

Sent from my

Sameer,

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

On point 1, EvDo services are active on my SIM, and I checked the Mobile Network Type in the About section. It is EvDo-rev.B.

On point 2, I will now have to check the SIM type; as you rightly mentioned, it is a very old SIM which I started using from my older phone (cut into nano size).

reliance web world is providing old pattern type sim, which is not compatible for smartphones. please replace your sim card with new pattern.

Would reliance web world issue the new pattern sim card to me? Or how do I go about it?

Many thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

It means problem is with your sim card. Just replace with new one. last year in bangalore, reliance world provided even micro sim. But since 6 months they are providing only old pattern sim which does not work in any smartphone for data. only one excuse, "they have some supply issue in bangalore". Even i thought to port my no. but one of my friend from chandigarh provide me new blank micro sim card and I am enjoying best data speed.

Below listed handsets support Evdo-rev. B:-

1. Htc desire 816 dual sim.

2. Htc one e8.

3. Htc one 802d dual sim.

I am using Htc desire 816 and have attached speed test screen shot.

I have never experienced such a great speed even in airtel 4g in bangalore. Airtel 4g gives max speed upto 10 mbps.Reliance cdma rev B is giving max upto 12.36 mbps.I have recharged with 4999 plan and downloaded more than 200 gb till date, no fup truely unlimited. Thanks to reliance.

post-84953-0-84763300-1415183528_thumb.p

post-84953-0-92210300-1415183535_thumb.p

post-84953-0-98867200-1415183545_thumb.p

• Like 5

Sent from my

Sameer,

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

Many thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

It means problem is with your sim card. Just replace with new one. last year in bangalore, reliance world provided even micro sim. But since 6 months they are providing only old pattern sim which does not work in any smartphone for data. only one excuse, "they have some supply issue in bangalore". Even i thought to port my no. but one of my friend from chandigarh provide me new blank micro sim card and I am enjoying best data speed.

Hey Sameer,

My phone now works like a gun! Many thanks to you to have guided me towards the SIM change. Yep, I got myself an OMH nano-sim, there was no problem with the supply too.

And one last thing that I did was - Sent the message "HSD" to 55444, and I no more see 1X speed nor the 1X symbol on my phone... It's only Ev now.

Couple of best things that I observed:

1. Speed - no doubt I second your speed tests posted in the below post.
  2. I turn off data during nights... The next morning when I turn it on, the data is connected within fraction of a second and I have all my incoming items flowing in. This never happens to me with Airtel 3G.

I'm gonna have my Airtel 3G disconnected.

- Thanks again!

• Like 2

Can you please list the cities where Rev. B is implemented? I'm based at Surat and planning to buy new Rev. B handset..

Can you please list the cities where Rev. B is implemented? I'm based at Surat and planning to buy new Rev. B handset..

List of the cities where Rev.B is implemented as of now:

1. Chennai

2. Bangalore

3. Pune

4. Mumbai

5. Hyderabad

• Like 3

Does Reliance provide demo at home. I called up customer care and they said they do not provide any demo.

I am interested in buying Reliance Pro 3 40 GB/999.

Try to find someone from DST or dealer.. They'll be more than happy to give demo to a 'prospective' customer.

tap'n frm HTC desire 816DS on R-CDMA / R-GSM

• Like 1

Below listed handsets support Evdo-rev. B:-

1. Htc desire 816 dual sim.

2. Htc one e8.

3. Htc one 802d dual sim.

I am using Htc desire 816 and have attached speed test screen shot.

I have never experienced such a great speed even in airtel 4g in bangalore. Airtel 4g gives max speed upto 10 mbps.Reliance cdma rev B is giving max upto 12.36 mbps.I have recharged with 4999 plan and downloaded more than 200 gb till date, no fup truely unlimited. Thanks to reliance.

200 GB !! :boxing:

The party won't last long IMHO. It's an old trick where Reliance allow unlimited for few early users to attract the crowd. Enjoy while it lasts!!

Hi Everybody! Your messages have provided me valuable insights. Shall visit a Reliance Store soon to change my SIM card. (Am using an old one cut to fit the nano slot in my HTC Desire 816 dual sim.) :hypocrite:

One problem: Sending HSD to 55444 leads to this text being sent to you: Dear Customer, Incorrect request entered. Please contact Customer Service on *333."

EvDo-rev.B is in evidence. But speed droops to 1x or connectivity is lost entirely. Any thoughts on this?

Hi Everybody! Your messages have provided me valuable insights. Shall visit a Reliance Store soon to change my SIM card. (Am using an old one cut to fit the nano slot in my HTC Desire 816 dual sim.) :hypocrite:

One problem: Sending HSD to 55444 leads to this text being sent to you: Dear Customer, Incorrect request entered. Please contact Customer Service on *333."

EvDo-rev.B is in evidence. But speed droops to 1x or connectivity is lost entirely. Any thoughts on this?

That may be because of your SIM being a non-OMH. But on a newly provided nano-SIM one should get this message from 52811, post which the phone needs a restart:

Dear Customer, Your request for EVDO Service Activation has been completed successfully.

Enjoy high speed data services on your number.

Hi vinay,

In bangalore, where did you get reliance cdma nano sim??

How can I get nano SIM card?

Hi vinay,

In bangalore, where did you get reliance cdma nano sim??

Hey Sameer,

I live near Chandra Layout, Vijayanagar area. I found a newly opened reliance store here on the Nagarbhavi main road around Moodalapalya area.

Got this guy's number who runs this place.

His name is Pasha. PM me in case you need his number.

Which area are you getting Rev B signals in Mumbai?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Will sprint samsung galaxy 4/5/note 2/3 support rev.B network