Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

What is the cost of SIM Replacement(nano SIM, Prepaid Connection)?

are all nano sim capable to latch onto RevB network? or only some specific SIM's

I'm looking for nano sim. I checked locally and they didn't have micro too. They told me to cut the SIM.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Can we get rev b on Sprint m7

If I am not confused, both HTC 806d and M7 is one and the same. I am getting Rev.b in HTC 806D i.e. HTC ONE dual.

Edited by Guru Gopal

What is the cost of SIM Replacement(nano SIM, Prepaid Connection)?

are all nano sim capable to latch onto RevB network? or only some specific SIM's

My personal experience is; Nano Sim supplied by Reliance is capable of Rev.B network (provided that, your tower is rolled out to Rev.B by Reliance). In Hyderabad, Reliance retail Store charging Rs. 100 per Nano Sim. (either for new connection or replacement)

So what i understand is that HTC o ONE M7 is rev B capable. It works work only if network supports.

Guys any pointers to where I can get a REV B Unlocked WIFI dongle? I searched but could not find an unlocked version of either the tata photon max wifi or a similar MTS model.

I want to use it with my HSD enabled rcdma sim

Check for EC315 on eBay, saw couple of listings such as below.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/up-to-14-7-MBPS-3G-PLUS-SPEED-HUAWEI-EC315-FULLY-UNLOCKED-/111501701694?pt=IN_Laptop_Desktop_Accessories&hash=item19f604f23e

Got one of these !! Loving Rev B speed !!!

Any pointer on how to charge the 3001 lifetime 1GB plan? It seems that the option is not available when I go to recharge my prepaid connection online.

What did you have to do to activate PRO 3 service on such unlocked Rev B datacard ?

I need Rev B datacard with WiFi so dont want to buy the Reliance Pro 3 datacard

Guys any pointers to where I can get a REV B Unlocked WIFI dongle? I searched but could not find an unlocked version of either the tata photon max wifi or a similar MTS model.

I want to use it with my HSD enabled rcdma sim

Check for EC315 on eBay, saw couple of listings such as below.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/up-to-14-7-MBPS-3G-PLUS-SPEED-HUAWEI-EC315-FULLY-UNLOCKED-/111501701694?pt=IN_Laptop_Desktop_Accessories&hash=item19f604f23e

Got one of these !! Loving Rev B speed !!!

Any pointer on how to charge the 3001 lifetime 1GB plan? It seems that the option is not available when I go to recharge my prepaid connection online.

What did you have to do to activate PRO 3 service on such unlocked Rev B datacard ?

I need Rev B datacard with WiFi so dont want to buy the Reliance Pro 3 datacard

Why don't you buy Verizon Jetpack MIFI? It supports GSM as well as CDMA and that too REV B.

If you want Jetpack contact Dr.Faramroze as he was having few with him.

I think for Pro 3 service you'll need a new dongle.

I think for Pro 3 service you'll need a new dongle.

Reliance Pro comes with a Dongle which is NV Mode only. My experience (Chennai 4mb Hyderabad 2 to2.5 mb) is getting a Pro Speed in HTC One Dual, without any settings or modifications.

can get Rev B on Verizon Note 3.....have tried rev b succesfully on verizon note 3 in chennai

• Like 1

can get Rev B on Verizon Note 3.....have tried rev b succesfully on verizon note 3 in chennai

But there is no Rev.B on Sprint Note 3

What I meant was that if I buy an unlocked dongle with Rev. B support (and WiFi - which is not there in RCOM Pro3 model currently), then what do I have to do for getting Pro 3 / Rev B data activated on such unlocked dongle ?

What I meant was that if I buy an unlocked dongle with Rev. B support (and WiFi - which is not there in RCOM Pro3 model currently), then what do I have to do for getting Pro 3 / Rev B data activated on such unlocked dongle ?

To my understanding, if the Tower where you are using is upgraded to Rev.B support and the SIM is Nano Sim, you need not have to do any thing to get Rev.B speed. Simply you will get it. If you move to Non Rev.B tower, you will get the speed of either Rev.A or 1x. No change in the settings. I am not discussing with regard using Dongle in NV Mode.

• Like 1

To my understanding, if the Tower where you are using is upgraded to Rev.B support and the SIM is Nano Sim, you need not have to do any thing to get Rev.B speed. Simply you will get it. If you move to Non Rev.B tower, you will get the speed of either Rev.A or 1x. No change in the settings. I am not discussing with regard using Dongle in NV Mode.

can someone confirm the same

if it works with any Rev B modem , I will buy Rev B modem

I don't think even nano Sim is needed. I've got revB in Mumbai with regular Sim in ec306 dongle. However, very few towers have revB here.

Fact about reliance cdma sim for using rev. b:-

(1) There is no need of Nano sim. If you have RECRUC series normal sim then simply make it nano or Micro by sim cutter as per handset requirement and 100% you will get rev.b speed and network, if your handset supports rev.b

(2) Only chip shape should be like this(pics attached).

post-84953-0-15661600-1418099309_thumb.j
post-84953-0-94642900-1418099341_thumb.j
I am testing some imported handset for rev. B. if anyone supports rev. B then I will post it.
  • Like 1

I do stay in chembur. Rev B is either not available here or I am getting less speed( upto 2.1 Mbps) with Rev B. I am using HTC Desire 816 with nano sim.

RevB in Chembur only on one BTS. The one near rcom store was being tested on revB. No idea if still present. Haven't found revB anywhere else in Chembur.

Which area in Mumbai?

I don't think even nano Sim is needed. I've got revB in Mumbai with regular Sim in ec306 dongle. However, very few towers have revB here.

Elphinstone and parts of Dadar. Got only 2.5mbps. Couldn't test more, was traveling. RevB stayed for like 5 minutes only.

All Mumbai RMS are selling Pro3 dongles though.

Once the above issue is resolved, the question is what's the best available netconnect plan for 'Mobile sims'?

So why spend 1000 bucks on an unlocked one & struggle with mobile netconnect plans when the official one itself costs 1300 with 40GB@999. Some say, this plan has no FUP/Speed reduction lately.

However, if there's a better solution on mobile plans do PM me

I was sick of the heating, battery draining problems associated with cdma phones while having data ON.. Not to mention OS update related issues. Almost made up my mind to go for a GSM phone next. But if the official cdma/gsm HTC dual Rev B phones are free from the above problems, i shall happily continue in CDMA

Edited by ACS

949 for prepaid subs. Everything unlimited. Great plan, if you ask me.

Issue with locked dongle is that suppose you move somewhere where network s**ks, the dongle is as good as useless until you unlock it.

Yes, I finally bought the original Reliance Pro3 dongle. I was trying to get unlocked dongle because I wanted it with WiFi.

But then I was not sure that even if i get it activated or use RUIM etc whether they will give me the dongle plans (which are cheaper/better than the phone plans)

Have put it in a wifi router as backup to MTNL internet which keeps going off.

Its working fine and 40Gb for 999 is pretty good but there's NO PRO 3 signal anywhere in Bandra East & West at least that i could get.

If I put it on "Only PRO 3 mode" then it shows no signal. If I put it on Hybrid then I get EVDO and around 2Mbps speed.

That's much lower than RCOM 3G which is usually 3-4 Mbps at my home/office but there are no good 3G plans for any operator - all of them are 3-4Gb and then pay as you go.

Will put in a complain and see - maybe they have to activate Rev B / Pro 3 separately or something...

^^^ Its an official pro3 dongle so no separate activation reqd. However, do register a complaint with regards to 0 RevB signals in your area. I'm surprised that a place like Bandra doesn't have RevB signals after its Mumbai launch.

Amitabh ji any offer going to upgrade old reliance netconnect+ connection?

Friends,

i am also thinking of going for Reliance Pro 3 dongle + mobile wifi router,

my plan is to upgrade my current setup : rel netconnect + TP-Link Mr3020 wirless n router

now my queries

is there any compatible mobile wifi router avilable?

with current setup if i exhausted my 3G data quota, TPlink wont connect to net as it does not support 1X then i can use data card only on laptop in hybrid mode

will this also have same restriction? with full coverage in patches, is it advisable to upgrade to this set up right now? pls advise

my location will be based in andheri west and wakad (pune) area

gurus, can we have list of compatible handsets?

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav