Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

Speedtest at Bangalore with EC306 Rev B dongle with a normal RUIM.

3983302345.png

Edited by varkey
  • Like 2

Ping time looks high. Anyways the speed is consistent?

OK, reliance dongle is showing "PRO 3" (Rev B) all the time now. Speeds are usually 2Mbps plus. ping times are quite good though (at least to RCOM Mumbai test servers)

3984413977.png

Still slower than RCOM 3G which used to be always over 3-4Mbps at my place - but then 3G is a little inconsistent now days - sometimes I have to select '3G/2G' to be able to get calls (data keeps working in 3G only mode but calls keep dropping in and out)

Amit, in which all locations you are getting rev.b?

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

Can you specify where all? Did revB need to be activated separately?

Suddenly Rev A speeds in my area have increased:

3984699499.png

:D

• Like 1

Amitabh ji any offer going to upgrade old reliance netconnect+ connection?

Friends,

i am also thinking of going for Reliance Pro 3 dongle + mobile wifi router,

my plan is to upgrade my current setup : rel netconnect + TP-Link Mr3020 wirless n router

now my queries

is there any compatible mobile wifi router avilable?

with current setup if i exhausted my 3G data quota, TPlink wont connect to net as it does not support 1X then i can use data card only on laptop in hybrid mode

will this also have same restriction? with full coverage in patches, is it advisable to upgrade to this set up right now? pls advise

my location will be based in andheri west and wakad (pune) area

gurus, can we have list of compatible handsets?

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav

I use a reliance 3 dongle with TP Link MR3020.. works good. I am from Delhi NCR circle.

I had posted a complaint on pgportal regarding delay in activation and reliance gave me 999 - Truly unlimited plan (No FUP apparently). Although this plan is not applicable for Delhi circle.

My Plan shows as follows:

VOLUME.HSDReliance3_999_Unlimited.0MB

Truly Unlimited ** 999

I get a speed of approx 1.5Mbps ( Missing my MTS which was a rev B and used to get some 4-5Mbps).

• Like 1

Sujit, is Reliance Pro 3 dongle available in Delhi/NCR. I mean the network here is Rev a only.

Just curious why did u dumped ur MTS dongle if the speeds were better

Its only a reliance 3 donle (Rev A)

I dumped MTS coz i was using the 999 - 40 plan, but then they changed my plan to 999 20GB day + 20gb night. This halved the free data for me as I am not a nocturnal user. I was a very happy MTS user.. i still am.. (Changed the MTS plan to 550 5gb+5gb day/night and gave to a friend)

Also MTS is giving only 12GB+12GB on th 999 plan in delhi

Well I too own MTS pospaid wifi 999 plan from last 6 months. But I still don't think that they have switched me to 20+20 plan. Let me check this month cycle.

But yes there MTS people are cheating now. They are completely ignoring what is called 'net neutrality'. Apart from throttling torrents big time, they are applying all type of algo for determining speeds to be provided to particular user. The various parameters are like age of connection - user is provided good speed for first three months of connection, type of content - browsing is giving preference over downloading and so on, torrrents being last, usage pattern of individual user etc. And add to this they have switched to high compression data transmission which is way too buggy. The webpages show 'encoding error' several times and show correctly only after several refersh, 50% of jpegs show up a corrupted (rainbow) even after refresh, and lastly and more severe issue is that due to this compression the data used is widely incorrect & clearly over-reported.

All and all, the speeds have dropped drastically for me in last 3 months (700-1000 kbps max). Too much throttling - Impossible to download anything on torrent. Corrupt pages, images, downloads due to buggy compression, shaky connection getting reset every few minutes. I bought the dongle for 1500 and it is the ZTE one which cannot be unlocked (it doesn't has SIM tray). Bad experience with MTS. Have been trying to switch to prepaid from 2 months but MTS crooks are not doing. Looks like I have no other way out but to close the connection.

Sujit are u sure they changed ur plan too 20+20. Does ur bill say that. I mean my latest bill still shows unlimited revB. I called customer care and they said that I would continue to be on 40 GB. Only new connecitons are on 20+20.

Also, Hope MTS has not switched u to 12+12 u being in Dlehi. Did they? I don't think they can do this for old users.

Well I too own MTS pospaid wifi 999 plan from last 6 months. But I still don't think that they have switched me to 20+20 plan. Let me check this month cycle.

But yes there MTS people are cheating now. They are completely ignoring what is called 'net neutrality'. Apart from throttling torrents big time, they are applying all type of algo for determining speeds to be provided to particular user. The various parameters are like age of connection - user is provided good speed for first three months of connection, type of content - browsing is giving preference over downloading and so on, torrrents being last, usage pattern of individual user etc. And add to this they have switched to high compression data transmission which is way too buggy. The webpages

show 'encoding error' several times and show correctly only after several refersh, 50% of jpegs show up a corrupted (rainbow) even after refresh, and lastly and more severe issue is that due to this compression the data used is widely incorrect & clearly over-reported.

All and all, the speeds have dropped drastically for me in last 3 months (700-1000 kbps max). Too much throttling - Impossible to download anything on torrent. Corrupt pages, images, downloads due to buggy compression, shaky connection getting reset every few minutes. I bought the dongle for 1500 and it is the ZTE one which cannot be unlocked (it doesn't has SIM tray). Bad experience with MTS. Have been trying to switch to prepaid from 2 months but MTS crooks are not doing. Looks like I have no other way out but to close the connection.

Sujit are u sure they changed ur plan too 20+20. Does ur bill say that. I mean my latest bill still shows unlimited revB. I called customer care and they said that I would continue to be on 40 GB. Only new connecitons are on 20+20.

Also, Hope MTS has not switched u to 12+12 u being in Dlehi. Did they? I don't think they can do this for old users.

1. I had got several messages that my plan will be changed to 20+20 so proactively i dumped them.

2. My age on network was 1 year and I was getting 4Mbps.

3. To download torrent after 20GB i use boxopus.com which converts torrents to direct download.

4 12+12 is for people who will take the 999 plan from now on.

Thnaks Sujit for info.

1.) Looks like MTS is switching 6+ months old connecitons to 20+20. No wonder they would eventually switch them to 12+12 after 6 months.

2.) The good speed you are getting in Delhi/NCR reaffirms that MTS is using several rules in a algorithm for determining the net speed given to user. I confirmed this today by using a MTS dongle of my friend at same location alog with mine. While I was getting speed of 700 kbps, he got 3-4 mbps. I had downloaded heavily using torrent 2 months befoe and also exceeded 40 GB limit. Looks they are giving me low speed so that I tone down my downloads and don't exceed 40GB limit.

These unethical practices of MTS would not take them too far. They would soon collapse in India. If they are promising 40GB plan then they should give it with 'net neututrality' to all such subcribers without applying rules.

my 2 pts

i am using mts since last year.....

speed depends on various points.... i have checked with huawei EC 1561,zte AC 2766 and motorola droid max hd

huawei EC 1561 ---- 700kbps to 1.3mbps

zte ac 2766 ---- 1.3 to 1.8mbps

motorola max hd ---- around 2.2mbps (sometime 2.7mbps)

i have checked at same place,same time, same sim .....

then again checked another place ---- huawei gives 700kbps and zte gives 1.3mbps ......

Answers to the queries on previous page:

I have only tested at Bandra East on either side of the Western Express at home & office.

No separate activation was required. Purchased the Pro 3 dongle from a shop and gave him KYC documents. Next day I got a call for confirming details.

Then I clicked the 'activate' button on dongle. Once it said failed and on second try it said activated. If I select 'Hybrid mode' then it always shows only EVDO on the dialer app. If I select PRO3 then it takes 5-10 seconds and then shows PRO 3. Speed difference in both modes is not much: 1.5 Mbps vs 2.3 Mbps usually. Nothing that you can make out.

• Like 1

Nano/Micro/Mini SIM are readly available at Pune.

Although this Mobile Store ppl are looting customers by asking Rs250 for Nano SIM

Also Handsets like Boost Moto G and LG Tribute is readily available, Sorry didn't asked the price

Any list of handsets that will support Rev B for sure? (Other than the HTC dual sim handsets)

I have a Sprint Note 3 and a Razr M currently.

TP link TL MR 3020 mini pocket router is available on amazon at a discounted price of 1234. Reviews say it's compatible with pro3 after firmware update

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

I do stay in Chembur. Approx 15 days back I was getting evdo Rev B network with speed upto 3.1 Mbps, but now I m getting only Rev A with speed upto 1.2 Mbps only. Also, few days back Reliance network got very weak and after contacting customer care through email it was restored to normal, but with lower net speed and Rev A only. Any update?

@ Sanju_barc same issue faced by me, have contacted customer care as usual they are clueless about the issue

Anyone getting rev B network in Pune i was getting it before but now suddenly i am getting rev A only

Hiten

Same with me. Only rev A or 1x now. Also, I used to have very strong signal... Now very weak.

In pune vimanagar area I m getting above 4 mbps speed but in other area the speed is lower than Rev A. Especially in deccan area. In PIMPRI it's Rev A and I get around two 2 mbps

I am a subscriber from Delhi where only Rev A is there. Will/Can reliance transfer my number if i get a Rev B compatible dongle from Bangalore or Pune?

TP link TL MR 3020 mini pocket router is available on amazon at a discounted price of 1234. Reviews say it's compatible with pro3 after firmware update

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

I am using MR-3020 with MTS Rev.B dongle without any firmware change.

• Like 1

In pune vimanagar area I m getting above 4 mbps speed but in other area the speed is lower than Rev A. Especially in deccan area. In PIMPRI it's Rev A and I get around two 2 mbps

checked the Rev b speed in pune deccan, FC Road. I m consistently getting above 4.5Mbps. Rcom Rev B rocks
  • Like 1