Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

:previous:

Tomorrow midnight will launch Rev. B in Gujarat.

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum and CDMA of course !

I wanted a secondary internet connection while in use either when my primary connection is off or when I'm travelling...so I thought Reliance Pro 3 would be a good option, but I don't want to be just stuck with Reliance itself if it doesn't perform properly...

Hence thinking of getting a unlocked data card.

SO I want suggestions from you guys on following few points : -

• Can I use the any CDMA sim straight away after buying or have to perform some settings(I have no knowledge of how CDMA works!!)
  • Will I get Rev. B speeds on unlocked data card( heard somewhere that its enabled only for Pro 3 dongles purchased from Reliance).
  • Will this be a good option after all?

get unlocked Huawei EC315.

Reliance has already launched wifi enabled RevB dongles in Bangalore last week with crazy plans.

4 GB @ Rs 444

5GB D + 5GB N @ Rs 550

7GB D + 7GB N @ Rs 700

personally I prefer a USB compatible wifi router with a normal Reb.B dongle.

In Delhi, MTS is selling Rev.B modem with wifi capability for less than 1k. Some body may enlighten us, wether it has sim slot for putting RUIM and can be unlocked?

This is the message I got from MTS

Dear Custmer,

Warm Greetings from MTS

Special Festive Offer

MTS Wifi Data Card only @999. Limited period Offer

Edited by Guru Gopal

no there's no sim slot. It is covered with a plastic/rubber.

To be specific, the MTS ZTE rev B wifi dongle doesn't has SIM tray. so no question of unlocking.

Among all the available WIFI data cards only Huawei EC 315 can be unlocked.

But MTS is not selling EC 315 any more.

Reliance has already launched wifi enabled RevB dongles in Bangalore last week with crazy plans.

4 GB @ Rs 444

5GB D + 5GB N @ Rs 550

7GB D + 7GB N @ Rs 700

Where did you see this? Any online page available showing these plans?

^^^^ in an internal mail that came a week back. Their website never mentioned any details on pro3 even after 6 months of launch in Chennai, Hyd & Blr.

I believe Delhi still don't have Rev B....

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

get unlocked Huawei EC315.

Thanks for the suggestion bro :)

Since it was for around 2K , i got a Huawei ec306 for 999.

So can I use a normal CDMA sim and get Rev.B speeds? or do I need a Pro 3 data card only for using Rev.B on Reliance

EC306 is also rev.B.

I am using unlocked EC306 with TP-Link MR3020 router. Use both MTS and R-CDMA SIMs in it.

EC306 is also rev.B.

yup its Rev.B but I doubt will reliance give Rev.B speeds?? Like 2G recharges don't give 3G speeds??

Dear Friends,

I have recently purchased a HTC 816 Dual Sim Beliving the previous poster on this forum who said it will connect to REV B . I bought this phone off Ebay and to my dismay I discover that this phone only connects to EVDO REV A.

I also have a ZTE Grand ( Horrible battery so wanted to change ) which connects to REV B. Same Ruim, when used on ZTE connects to REV B and the same Ruim when I use it back on HTC 816 Connects only to EVDO REV. A.

I am deeply disappointed. Please be careful and don't buy HTC 816 Beliving blindly that it will connect to REV B. Must be only some country specific models are Rev B Compatable. It would be better if interested people can make a list of which specific models connect to REV B and which Don't.

Thanks.

I also have HTC 816 DC. About 3 months ago, I used to connect Rev B in Mumbai (Chembur) area. After few weeks only Rev B vanished. Now no Rev B network in my area.

So I can say that phone is actually Rev B compatible on reliance network tested.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I still have the ZTE Grand II and when I take out the reliance ruim from HTC Desire 816 and put it in ZTE Grand II I get the EVDO REV B Speeds. And it shows Rev B in network info.

Plus, I have done the *#*#4636#*#* on both the Handsets with Reliance RUIM inserted. The Desire Shows EVDO REV. A, where as ZTE shows REV. B - Same Ruim Same place .

So I think its the handset.

Moreover I had activated my old MTS Ruim and checked with that too and again the same thing.

ZTE connects to REV B where as Desire Connects to REV A .

So I think its hardware related in my case. Or like you said it used to work in Mumbai and now its no longer working, maybe it has something to do with a firmware upgrade ?If we follow this line maybe we can achieve a solution.

I can't presume because I don't know if REV B is active in Mumbai or Not. But as it is the Hometown of RCOM I would be Extremely surprised it its not.

But if perchance there would be a solution to this problem by Changing the Firmware, I would really be eager to do it.

Thanks

I'm using HTC816 Dual. My phone Connects to rev b in pune and getting above 5mbps speed

they have spread the network already, sorry if this has been posted before

Pro 3 services now available in Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi, UP West, West Bengal (incl Kolkatta), Rajasthan, Gujarat & Kerala

A question for all those using REV B on their handsets. Are you still using your regular data plan or opted for pro 3 plans to get rev b speeds?

Its actually a sad news to see Rev B network growing as most imported handsets dont support Indian Lte band or rev b as of yet. They are already outdated network wise.

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 2

Kerala? Where?

I m using regular plan... If rev b is available then your HANSET will latch on to rev b. Reliance has not differentiated it for mobile users.

• Like 1