Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

Can we just bought pro 3 dongle and use evdo plan in it ?

As of now I am interested in evdo but want to be future proof (in case i need pro 3 like speed in future) that why pro 3 dongle.

Also what are the entry offer for pro 3 in delhi circle?

As per ACE mention same Teriff Plan in Gujarat, data card stock will available on Monday in Jamnagar. All plan UNLIMITED, @144 kbps.

Where in Delhi, any delhi users?

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Anybody using regular plan in their mobiles with Reliance, can you please confirm if you get rev B speeds??

Last week I used at karolbagh Delhi and got Rev.B. I stayed only for a Day. But I forgotten check speed test.

Edited by Guru Gopal

they have spread the network already, sorry if this has been posted before

Pro 3 services now available in Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi, UP West, West Bengal (incl Kolkatta), Rajasthan, Gujarat & Kerala

A question for all those using REV B on their handsets. Are you still using your regular data plan or opted for pro 3 plans to get rev b speeds?

Its actually a sad news to see Rev B network growing as most imported handsets dont support Indian Lte band or rev b as of yet. They are already outdated network wise.

Rev A signals in Jaipur in ZTE GRAND S II.

:NOTriste:

So Karol Bagh is one place, how to get the list & how reliance decides for the sites to be converted to Rev b

Anybody using regular plan in their mobiles with Reliance, can you please confirm if you get rev B speeds??

I got sim with Zero Plan (24months advance plan) of Reliance from Andhra Pradesh and the sim is used by son in Madras.

He is enjoying unlimited Rev.B, Voice, and SMS on roaming. It is postpaid one.

• Like 3

Reliance has not updated all sites to rev b. Most of the time getting rev a on my HTC 816 in Mumbai. Only few main locations like siddhivinayak in dadar , link road lokhandwala have been upgraded to rev b. They are bluffing by offering rev b in Mumbai.

so MTS still is the only 100% Rev.B network

Good products required for RCDMA boost.

We can now sample Rev B with these devices till we get good Rev B handsets

I'm using netconnect + for about 4 years in bangalore, is there any option to upgrade my existing dongle to new PRO 3 dongle?

they have spread the network already, sorry if this has been posted before

Pro 3 services now available in Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi, UP West, West Bengal (incl Kolkatta), Rajasthan, Gujarat & Kerala

A question for all those using REV B on their handsets. Are you still using your regular data plan or opted for pro 3 plans to get rev b speeds?

Its actually a sad news to see Rev B network growing as most imported handsets dont support Indian Lte band or rev b as of yet. They are already outdated network wise.

I understand when you say its sad to see Rev. B Spreading being out dated technology. But imagine this, as far as I have read in Wiki Rev A to Rev B Upgrade can be done with existing towers by CDMA operators. So its not a Costly investment for them and can be practically done at a very short time.

Rev. B Gives you double the speed of Rev.A and almost 80% of 3G( WDCMA GSM ) Speed ( Fastest Clocked in my Rev. B Was 5 MBPS which is very very good compared to 2 Mbps possible on a Rev. A . In 3G Best clocked is about 8 MBPS ) .

If you add to this the current unlimited plans By reliance its a real Boon.

But... But.... But .... Like any other technology, 3G Speed in GSM is not affected (AFAIK and As far as I have used ) By the number of persons connected to that particular tower. Where as in CDMA the number of persons connected play a very important part.

If you are a regular reliance CDMA user you would have noticed like me that the speed is very Poor even in Rev. B from 9 am to 6 pm. Something like 256 KBPS to 512 KBPS. So in spite of fantastic unlimited plans by RCDMA still these plans are unusable simply because of the network saturation.

^^^

GSM 3G in India works on 2100 Mhz. CDMA/EVDO works on 800 Mhz. By the laws of physics, CDMA with shorter wavelength will always have much better reception indoors than GSM 3G. I ahve used GSM 3G in three different metros and my experience is that speed is affected by the number of users in GSM 3G also.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 2

Yes.. No of users also affect the GSM 3g,. To me cdma evdo is more reliable and consistent., browsing in cdma is better than GSM.

Rev B officially started today in Jaipur, confirmed by reliance

Rev B officially started today in Jaipur, confirmed by reliance

http://shop.rcom.co.in/content/3-terms-and-conditions

33. Pro3, HSD, Pro3 Wi-fi and Wi-Pod Router with Battery Bank are currently available in the following cities with a new Postpaid connection from Newtel Only. Orders from other cities and/or without new connection requirement from Newtel will be cancelled and amount refunded with a cancellation charge of 2.53% on transaction amount.

State City Delhi Delhi Gujarat Ahmedabad Bhuj Gandhidham Gandhinagar Jamnagar Rajkot Vadodara Surat Haryana Faridabad Gurgaon Karnataka Bangalore Belgaum Hubli Mangalore Mysore Kerala Ernakulam / Cochin Khozikode / Calicut Kotayam Trichur Trivandram Maharastra Mumbai Pune Pondicherry Pondicherry Rajasthan Ajmer Jaipur Jodhpur Bikaner Kota Udaipur Tamil Nadu Chennai Coimbatore Erode Madurai Salem Tirupur Telangana Hyderabad Uttar Pradesh Agra Aligarh Bareilly Ghaziabad Merut Noida Saharanpur Uttarakhand Dehradun West Bengal Asansol Durgapur Kolkata Siliguri

Also Started in Nagpur , confirm by RIM seiner officer.

Hey I m from Delhi here in sim mo rev b coming is any special sim needed for it. Than I updated my huawei ec 315 programmed with reliance and updated rev b prl of pro 3. Than it start getting rev b network . Sometimes its connected in rev b amd sometimes not. Any person using official pro 3 plz update with speed test.

sent by - huaweitrick02@gmail.com

Funny thing with reliance, always speed and buliding penetration and netwrok strength are all very good just when there is a slight cloud cover.

I have used MTS Cdma but have never seen this with MTS. Only with Reliance. Previously there was a discussion on this topic some where and one person suggested that may be due to rainy weather number of people using reliance dongle on the move would be less and that leads to less network congestion and consequently more speed.

But Will people remain indoors even for Slight Cloud Cover ?

Also if speed will be good only when rain clouds are there, then Reliance cannot be used in Summer Especially in Chennai ? :surprise:

Last week I used at karolbagh Delhi and got Rev.B. I stayed only for a Day. But I forgotten check speed test.
Currently in Karol Bagh, Delhi.. no rev. B on my hTc desire 816..

triggered from my hTc One Max Dual SIM..

does sprint note 3 catches rev B network?

i am on rev A and network is too weak these days around malad-goregaon.

does sprint note 3 catches rev B network?

i am on rev A and network is too weak these days around malad-goregaon.

NO. only rev.a