Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance EVDO Rev B. Multicarrier - Reliance Pro 3

Will RevB work on Sprint HTC ONE M7 in Delhi?

Rev B won't work on M7.

It works fine on M8

The Reliance CDMA signals in Mahadevapura area (work-place) in Bangalore are so bad.

Network bars in phone keep flickering, EvDo becomes 1X, and we don't get incoming/outgoing calls and SMS.

Due to this the battery is getting discharged like crazy.

This has been happening for the past one month.

I called up the customer care jokers and lodged complaint, they said they've been working on the issue, but no resolution yet.

The moment I leave this Mahadevapura tower and reach near KR Puram area, I get all signals and get all the sms that were queued up due to bad coverage.

Has anyone been facing this issue?

Last month, I had taken a demo on the Pro3 product from Reliance at my house. I had got a poor signal and the speed was 2 Mbps. This is still quite good.

The sales person told me I had to pay Rs. 1600 for the dongle and Rs. 999/ month for unlimited data.

Now, I am not keen on getting this dongle, since that hardware is of no use if I decide to stop using Reliance in future.

I already have a SIM that I purchased last year (which I had cut to nano to test with my Droid Maxx - which support Rev A only.)

This was a pre-paid connection.

Questions: I would like to try out data on this SIM/ connection

1. How do I enable data in Reliance CDMA? Is there some message?

2. I am not sure if the SIM is deactivated or not. Will insert it today in the phone and check. If it is deactivated, how can I reactivate it? Can I just recharge? Or do I have to go to Reliance office?

3. If I go for the ZTE dongle, and buy a compatible TPLink router, I would like to use OpenVPN for privacy reasons. How do I do that?

4. How do I select the plan (e.g. 5GB day + 5GB night plan).

Update:

I found that my Reliance number was still active, but there was zero balance. Incoming was working fine.

So, I charged for Rs. 300.

Then I activated a data package for 100 MB (3 days) by sending an SMS: ACT MN16 to 53739

There was still no data working on Droid Maxx.

Then I sent another message: HSD to 55444 to activate data.

Still there is no sign of data working at all.

I have RECRUC06xxxx SIM card (cut to nano).

I dont know why every one is ignoring PRL request and no one is posting a link.

Help others guys.

While I was at the Reliance Store today to enquire about my phone's data issue, I asked for the Pro3 data card.

I was surprised to know that the data card is for Rs. 1800. The same is available at half the price on Reliance online store http://shop.rcom.co.in/data-card

If you buy the data card online, then the Reliance store guys will not support in any way (the paperwork is also to be managed by us).

If you buy it through them, then they will give you their own version of the form which you can then fill up and submit to them.

Below listed handsets support Evdo-rev. B:-

1. Htc desire 816 dual sim.

2. Htc one e8.

3. Htc one 802d dual sim.

I am using Htc desire 816 and have attached speed test screen shot.

I have never experienced such a great speed even in airtel 4g in bangalore. Airtel 4g gives max speed upto 10 mbps.Reliance cdma rev B is giving max upto 12.36 mbps.I have recharged with 4999 plan and downloaded more than 200 gb till date, no fup truely unlimited. Thanks to reliance.

Hello Sameer,

It's been a while since we spoke about the speeds in Bangalore.

Are you still getting the same 12.36 mbps kind of speed even now?

Cuz, I've been checking the speed lately and it doesn't seem to exceed 3 mbps at all.

Is there a setting I'm missing on my phone?

Can you please check from your end and post the result?

Thanks,

Vinay

No luck for rev b on droid ultra xt1080 settings done thru dfs I'm in Surat Gujarat expert guru see image n tell me where I wrong

post-86124-14331690401_thumb.jpg

My SIM is RECRUC series...

It reads as follows:
RSN: RECRUC06XXXXX69
(XXXXX being masked intentionally)

Even now the speeds I'm getting is not more than 3 mbps.

Is there anything else I need to do to get good speeds in Bangalore?

Thanks,

Vinay

2. Htc one e8.

I have never experienced such a great speed even in airtel 4g in bangalore. Airtel 4g gives max speed upto 10 mbps.Reliance cdma rev B is giving max upto 12.36 mbps.I have recharged with 4999 plan and downloaded more than 200 gb till date, no fup truely unlimited. Thanks to reliance.

Hello Sameer,

Cuz, I've been checking the speed lately and it doesn't seem to exceed 3 mbps at all.

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

I have been facing same speed issue since last 50 days. frequently call drop and not even getting a good signal, only 1x everytime and unable to browse net. called to customer care so many times, but no any response from their side. 5 days before I got a call from mumbai regarding these issues. A technician came to my place and resolved all the issues. Now I am getting the same good speed. These technician would visit every tower and as early as possible you would also get the good speed.

2. Htc one e8.

Hello Sameer,

Thanks,

Vinay

Hi vinay,

I have been facing same speed issue since last 50 days. frequently call drop and not even getting a good signal, only 1x everytime and unable to browse net. called to customer care so many times, but no any response from their side. 5 days before I got a call from mumbai regarding these issues. A technician came to my place and resolved all the issues. Now I am getting the same good speed. These technician would visit every tower and as early as possible you would also get the good speed.

Thanks for confirming that Sameer,

I'm following up very closely with the Customer Service guys.

The Mumbai team called me up and collected additional info from me, but they closed the ticket saying my phone (even alternative number) was not reachable.

I'm not letting them go so easily... Been creating more and more SR tickets.

Will update once I'm good!

I am now on EVDO Rev.B. I am getting max 1 Mbps. The upload speeds are around 1.5 Mbps.

I am curious to note that upload speeds are consistently higher than download speeds.

Will RevB work on Sprint HTC ONE M7 in Delhi?

Rev B won't work on M7.

It works fine on M8

How does one check if Rev B is working on HTC One M8 (sprint) ?

I am in mumbai and Rev B is working on my Reliance Pro 3 Dongle.

How does one check if Rev B is working on HTC One M8 (sprint) ?
I am in mumbai and Rev B is working on my Reliance Pro 3 Dongle.

I am using the App called Network Signal Info.

It clearly shows Rev.A, Rev.B or 1xRTT Edited by vakharia
  • Like 1

I am using HTC desire 816 dual sim. Facing an issue of slow speed when in Rev B network.

I reside in Chembur, Mumbai. In Rev A network I usually get speed between 1 to 1.5 Mbps. But sometimes when I get connected to Rev B network in same area, I get max upto 0.3 Mbps(with-75 dbm). Anyone facing such issue? I am facing this since last 2 - 3 months. Please share your views.

me too using the same handset, I facing the same problem with rev b except in some parts of vimanagar (pune) .. I think they are still tweaking the Rev b network

• Like 1

Got 3.5 Mbps at Eon, Kharadi yesterday on Droid Maxx. This was the highest ever anywhere for me

in Vimanagar, I get around 4.5mbps

2. Htc one e8.

Hello, Can you confirm, are you using 816 right and it supports Rev B too? Also please confirm any other issues with this mobile, I wanna buy one.

yes htc 816d supports rev b

Hi guys,

I am in Delhi atm and I have an unlocked MTS Huawei EC306 with me. If I get a prepaid sim from the reliance store, will I be able to get the 949 unlimited plan? If yes then would it be rev A or rev B?

Thank you!

Hi guys,

I am in Delhi atm and I have an unlocked MTS Huawei EC306 with me. If I get a prepaid sim from the reliance store, will I be able to get the 949 unlimited plan? If yes then would it be rev A or rev B?

Thank you!

I could not see unlimited Internet plan for prepaid users for Maharashtra circle.

Check rcom.co.in once for your circle.

:previous:

Well it is available in Maharashtra circle too. You need to check the STV tab.

But I am still not sure if it would be rev A or rev B in Delhi.

• Like 1

Yes. I can see that now. Thanks.

However, why is validty only 28 days and not 30 days?

What happens on the 29th and 30th of the month if you use data or voice? Do they deduct from main balance?

My MN149 plan has validity of 30 days.

Yes. I can see that now. Thanks.

However, why is validty only 28 days and not 30 days?

What happens on the 29th and 30th of the month if you use data or voice? Do they deduct from main balance?

My MN149 plan has validity of 30 days.

hey bro,

Imagine in this way, you recharge a pack for 10 days then you dont ask the company what happens for usage from 11th to 30th day.. Right?

Similarly this is a 28days pack (we were so used to the monthly packs of 30 days validity) so on 29th and 30th day if you dont recharge any other pack your balance will be debited for usage.