Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Motorola Razr Maxx - Actual Use Review

Let bill come, I will post how much he charged.

Question

Is it worth upgrading to ice?

Some people have reported terrible problems:

Same feelings as Cheryl above. This is twice this has happened to me after being impressed with a Android phone to have it lose its battery and signal strength and this is what Verizon’s Corp Rep pushed was so great. We have bought six of them. I told my wife to not update for a while and her battery lasts days, mine barely eight hours. The answer, we will fed-x you a refurb phone for the price of a new one you bought a month ago…..great!!!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/07/02/droid-razr-and-droid-razr-maxx-owners-reporting-ice-cream-sandwich-issues/

For people who upgraded here on rim web forum, what is your opinion?

Ics is matter poof choice, with ics in device search is not as good as gb because of patent issue.

Most important is if you do not have LTE SIM do not upgrade.

:thumbup:

Motorola repaired my RAZR MAXX for free and its on way to my sister's address in US. I will get in hand during first week of november

Dear Valued Customer,

The service you requested is complete and your device is on its way back to you.

To track the status of your shipment, please use the below link.

Customer Name - XXXXX SHAH

Service Program - Repair and Return

FedEx Tracking Number - 7989313xxxxx

Tracking (RMA) Number - 330xx

Inbound Device Number - 9900011975xxxxx

Outbound Device Number - 990001197xxxxx

Model - XT912

Brilliant news for you, congratulations.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Superb.

__

Sent from my mobile

Having problem with 3G cycling. After using ##7764726, entering spc 000000, disabling LTE , disabling class 1 2 3 apn , disabling LTE movement and bbpanic, 3G still does not work. After reboot several times Only 1X works. Any suggestions.

Your provisioning of hdr May have problem. Your seller might help you to reprovision. If you ever upgrade to ics you will need LTE SIM

It is in gb. Do I have to send back to seller or is it done remotely.

Thanks for the help.

No that do not work. For Motorola you need to zero nv 8035 for hdr user name and password to stick.

Is evdo active from reliance back end?

If not first call them activate evdo on your handset

• Like 1

Evdo is active and confirmed fro m RW and CC.

How to zero out nv 8035 value?

TIA

:previous:

I told u that i can do that in evening remotely, But u like to Consult Much with other people than Having Seller opinion on how to go about it,...

Problem finally solved.

As per the cricket forum, 3g cycling is solved by reboot of phone several times after disabling 4g in both test mode and item 14 lte settings in ##program settings.

This does not work.

So we upgraded to ICS, even though some handsets have problems. Google Razr Maxx Issues for details.

After ICS OTA upgrade, the phone lost all settings, NAM and PRL, (for Reliance enabling) as well as NV settings for Data.

I reloaded NAM and NV settings but data was still not activated.

I went back to Cricket and found out that one user was able to get 3G data by doing FACTORY RESET.

Unfortunately, this brings you back to activation screen, and since I did not have wifi, I could not setup the handset as wifi only device. I tried using backward c method given on the site, but it did not work.

Then seller pm'ed me video of backward c method for Razr Maxx. It is slightly different.

After bypassing activation screen, the device was working, with evdo (3g).

I think the Factory Reset did the trick. Maybe the Factory Reset would have worked in Gingerbread. SO far, handset is not having the issues reported on Razr Maxx forums, which affected those who upgraded to ICS, mainly battery life reduced to 6 hours.

3g is better than on my Droid3. Music quality is much better. Movie playback also much better. And definitely faster. This handset is a birthday present from our friends group to an individual. I wish I could afford to keep it for myself! No wonder this handset is outselling Apple 4S in US!

Phone was Gifted on 26 Oct to friend in Lucknow. When he switched on, Data did not work. He went to Reliance and was told to pay 1248/- as service was barred for unpaid bill and credit limit of 1000/- was reached.

After paying, he used for 3 days and again it was barred. Reliance told him to pay 1248 + 252 rupees. He contacted me.

The data plan of rnc unltd 600 was active since 4 Sept, according to screen display at my Reliance outlet.

I called Cc about 8 to 9 times and confirmed that data plan was activated before switching on phone, on 4 Oct. Switched off and never used.

Any idea why second bill is being presented?

Will post on thinkdigit and techenclave also to solve this mystery quickly.

Edited by angeleyes

pm me the mdn which is activated on the phone..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

pm me the mdn which is activated on the phone..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

PM sent. Thanks for helping.

Update

CC (Billing) has called me and explained that rnc unltd plan was valid from 14 Sept to 30 Sept. Then on MY request, it has been changed to Rs 2 per 20 kb plan!

For information, I have done no such thing.

Unbelievable!

Update

Went to my Reliance outlet and informed them my friend us without internet access and data plan has been changed without my permission.

Store manager told me to pay 1510/- and immediately get internet access. So that's it! These people think I am stuck with cdma phone that cannot be used on other network! They don't know Droid Razr Maxx is Global Phone with ICS upgrade!

I paid outstanding alright, and gave termination request. Have ported the number to Airtel, for GSM operation.

While waiting for mnp, AIRCEL, VODAFONE, IDEA prepaid were tried. AWESOME! I tried AIRCEL in Bangalore, prepaid with unlimited hspa+ for 198/- per month. AWESOME! BYE, BYE, CDMA! All my CDMA have been ported!

I a also stuck with an issue on Droid Razr Maxx.... Seems my battery is drained out deeply and it is not powering up at all. White led light comes when i connect it to LAPTOP through USB but charging with wall charger doesnt help at all. I using motorola charger to charge it but not original charger of MAXX.

I also tried to charge battery as per this video

but this also could not help me and no sign of powering up the phone. Battery gets heated though.

Any suggestions in this regard are appreciated.

Still waiting for mnp sms from aircel. In the meantime, just received sms from RMReliance.Dear Reliance Customer as per SR no.XXXXXXX RMobile World service is activated. Please do Power Recycling & try accessing Rworld Service.Thank You.

I have not activated RMOBILE World Service.

Any idea what has happened?

CC says sms MYPLAN to 55444.

Getting error message: sms could not terminate.

Details: Cause Code 98/Error Class 3

CC has taken complaint. Resolution in 24 hrs.

Edited by angeleyes

I want to post my experience of MAXX battery life here. I am using International RazrMAXX (GSM only) bought almost 5 months back from eBay. Still I want to post it here and don't want to open a new thread in GSM-Phones discussion, because 1) Very few GSM only MAXX users here 2) Droid_RazrMAXX is almost RazrMAXX wrt GSM capability + Battery.

I want to share my battery life experience for many times earlier, but my wife used to charge it on the second day itself when the battery level was around 50-60%. This time I have managed to use the phone for three days and taken screenshots and hence sharing here.

Let me first describe my usage pattern. I make lots of phone calls (on UnLimited 1299 plan), play games/videos 20-30 mins a day, browse using WiFi mostly, Sync ON and DATA mostly OFF (I use BSNL 3G on GNexus), Coverage of Docomo is bad and switches to Aircel in zero coverage areas -- So NOT steady and good network signal.. But in this example, I have less voice calls usage than earlier (so comparable to general users) as I am in wedding function for two days.

Result:-

3 Days - 0 Hours - 33 Mins - 3 secs on Battery and 16% battery life remaining (Please look at top for the battery Mod to accurate 16%) The slight bump in battery life is due to connecting to computer by USB cable for copying the screenshot after 2 days usage. Thats just 4-5% increase from 32% to 37%

post-59799-0-53749000-1354422238_thumb.p

Screen Time:-

Screen used 43% of battery life and Screen ON Time is 4 Hours - 12 Mins - 38 Secs

post-59799-0-58606400-1354422853_thumb.p

Voice Calls:-

Upto 28% of battery eaten by voice calls and Total duration is 4 Hours - 0 Mins - 5 Secs.

post-59799-0-45534700-1354423295_thumb.p

Please note that even in same length of calls, calls duration in GSM will be less than CDMA as in CDMA call duration starts almost immediately after pressing Green key, whereas in GSM the duration counter starts only when the receiver attends the call. But GSM mode uses less battery for voice calls comparing CDMA mode.

Games:-

Playing GrannySmith for just 37 Mins - 1 Sec eats 3% of RazrMAXX battery life (May be 5-6% for other phones).

post-59799-0-49340700-1354423318_thumb.p

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to post my next usage with 2G data always ON, but in general its NOT affecting a lot imho and I earlier got FULL 2 days usage with still 25% battery life as spare.

For me battery life is the most important feature in any phone and won't waste it unnecessarily. I have already rooted MAXX (in ICS) and removed bloatware to keep it in shape.

I am sure RazrMAXX_HD will be having better results and I am too eager to buy it. But its Locked Encrypted Bootloader is stopping me from getting one. OMG GNexus comes with sh!tty battery life (needs to charge it twice a day) and the phones with Jumbo battery is coming with Jail attached.

Now I am seriously considering GNote2, esp GNote2_N7102 Duos (launching tomorrow on PRC), which is best of both worlds (and size smaller than GNexus+MAXX combined in my shirt pocket)

• Like 6

Features of a good phone in order of importance:

CDMA for attractive price on Rimwrb

Global for freedom to switch to GSM

Nexus brand for good experience

Long battery life

My next phone will be Global phone AND will be Nexus phone AND will have good battery life.

GT 7102 China Telecom has good battery life, dual sim, but is not Nexus phone.

SCH 900 Sprint version LTE sim card is soldered and is not Nexus phone.

Nexus 4 has bad battery life is not Global but is Nexus phone.

Compromise or wait?

:)

• Like 2

:previous:

May be that's never going to happen in our lifetime... :(

But you can always wait for a perfect world where cars will run on water, electricity will be generated from your daily garbage, phones won't have any battery and will run through your hand heat and india will have a working, non-corrupt, sincere govt...

Just wait till Manmohan talks with Salman Khan's wife in Sachin Tendulkar's retirement party

That's the spell breaking moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 5