Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Motorola Razr Maxx - Actual Use Review

I deleted my post. After factory reset it started working. May be because of build.prop / sqlite edits it was not working.

So upgrading to Jelly Bean will not revert to Verizon settings?

as per post # 62 of kalpak sir, jb ota reverts all settings to default.. <br /><br />tappa-talking from droid razr..<br /><br />

i have droid razr xt912 and everything was intact after the JB OTA, only i had to reprogramme my number

i have jb ota downloaded on my RAZR (not maxx), but not going for it deliberately, because of custom recovery ( feeling too lazy), also, am using it on gsm, so cannot comment. <br /><br />tappa-talking from droid razr..<br /><br />

I gifted this handset to my friend who is not a geek because of non-android type battery, locked update.apk with Titanium pro, but it still got updated! I cannot forget this post and truly ami1 got it right with his classic remark:

ami1 wrote:

For Android Lovers, practical but with falling off parts. But you can get new parts everyday and replace. Whether you reach anywhere or not you will enjoy fidding with the bike.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35740-for-sale-indian-imported-tricycles-super-sale-limited-stock-tobu-and-other-brands/page-6#entry289052

:)

Many thanks to Aalok for reprogramming the handset. Not only he took time, collected the handset, fixed it and handed back to my friend, he also refused to charge for the work. My friends tell me he's very polite and not proud, although he's so learned, something very common on this forum.

I'm very happy to be a member of such a great site, and I thank Arun for setting up and maintaining it so well!

Thanks again to Aalok!

• Like 2

glad to be of any help sir.. have learnt all these things from this great platform.. :)<br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

• Like 5

Hello friends,

I am back with screenshots showing the great battery life of my International (GSM only) RazrMAXX. A lot has changed now comparing my earlier post here on Dec2012

1] Now my RazrMAXX is rocking JB 4.1.2 (flashed EU Leak from Asia.Retail)

2] Its almost ONE year old (I got it on July2012)

3] NOT using it for data much, reason my Note2 is taking care of that job with BSNL 3G

--------------------------------------------

So now the screenshots. First two showing the FIVE days battery life with NO charging in between and remaining battery is 8%...

post-59799-0-19431700-1370427083_thumb.p

post-59799-0-49935100-1370427095_thumb.p

Now comes the duration of Voice calls, which stands at round 7 hours (6H_49M_14S to be exact). LOL... Phone calls is the main feature I am using in RazrMAXX as I am in UnLimited1299 plan. Actually those 6 hours are mainly used in first 4 days, since 5th day is SUNDAY. But what to do, the probability of getting sunday in 5 days is high ;p

post-59799-0-84583200-1370427109_thumb.p

Then comes the Screen ON time at slightly more than 3.5 hours (3H_32M_27S to be exact). I play games few mins a day.

post-59799-0-63866500-1370427121_thumb.p

Here is the screenshot that shows the battery usage by mobile radio, which is JUST 8%.. But my service provider is a new operator with very bad coverage (TD). It shows the efficiency of the radio. This is why, I love Motorola...

post-59799-0-26285300-1370427159_thumb.p

Last is the screenshot showing the time I am connected to net via EDGE (When my Note2 battery died) checking few important emails + battery consumed by AndroidOS

post-59799-0-30559900-1370427148_thumb.p

----------------------------------

My GNote2 has 3100mAh battery and RazrMAXX has 3300mAh one. GNote2 lasts for 12hours (with net on for 6 hours and 2 hours screen ON time). I use CPU sleeper in both phones (Quadcore CPU Sleeper in Note2 and CPU Sleeper DualCore in RazrMAXX). So having bigger battery NOT always guarantees better battery life. Even my old Photon has way better battery life than S2-Captivate Glide though both are using same CPU and same 1650mAh battery.

My RazrMAXX is soo special, because

1] I bought it on the day it reached India {All other phones I waited for 6 months min}

2] For full price [ok after applying 10% off eBay coupon] {All sammy I got imported & cheap}

3] The first smartphone I have been using continuously for ONE FULL YEAR.

4] The first phone I am going to use for TWO years without changing (I used my old Nokia2280 for 18 months)

I love this CHARGE_IT_TWICE_A_WEEK phone much more than my CHARGE_IT_TWICE_A_DAY_Note2...

---------------------------------

I am thinking of writing about flashing EU_JB_Leak on RazrGSM phones and flashing + rooting JB on DROID_Razr (my wife is using it) and the yet to finish SolarProject (in a week). I will post them in a month, when I will be free from my busy business season work.

Sorry for the LOOONG story and thanks for your patience...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 8

Hello friends,

I am back with screenshots showing the great battery life of my International (GSM only) RazrMAXX. A lot has changed now comparing my earlier post here on Dec2012

Sorry for the LOOONG story and thanks for your patience...

What a wonderful, candid and informative post! Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Cheers !

@kanaga<br /><br />Thanks for the in depth review but I don't think the comparison is fair as you are not using 3g on your RAZR maxxx. I have a seidio 3500mah battery installed in my photon and with 3g usage it barely gives me 2 days on a single charge. Also can you share how you imported the note 2 at a cheap price? <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Motorola already started kitkat 4.4.2 soak test for xt926 (razr max hd & razr hd). Registered members already started getting invitation for the soak.

Anybody here got it?

I think we need a thread related to it. My concern- will kitkat stock rom still support omh cdma data & voice just like jb? Mods & devs pls put some light on this matter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk Pro