Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amitkrmittal

How To Get Dtmf Input From Remote Phone On Fwp

Hello All,

I need to know whether i can get DTMF or pressed Key code on other phone which is connected to my FWP on my PC ?

Actually i want to make a s/w which can automatically collect orders via phone & i wish to make a Direct Invert Dialing type system so that my customers can dial me on my FWP & can get the instructions. Also they can press the key accordance to the instructions & can submit their orders.

If any one can help me ?

thanks to all in advance

regards,

Amit

well, i have never used DTMS tones on the FWP, so i really cant say much,

but i do not think that its possible.

1) because theres as in fact, no actual dialtone.

2)when the phone is connected to the computer , all calls are OTA, not as like in a landline phone.

3)the phones s/w first recieves the commands and then the hardware, not as the conventional hardware modem.

so i dont think that it is possible, but, u might as well give it a try if u get info from some other place.

Well it might be possible in a bit complex/Crude way using analog sound output of the phone (handsfree) -> Mic/AuxIn of Sound card of computer. Whenever U get a voice call (ringer can be sensed) U can "revieve" the call using AT commands. Once this is done. U can auto announce to the user the keys(options) to press (Mic of Phone thru handfree port). The tone(analog) generated by the keypress has to be analysed by a s/w on the computer (Don't have ready reference - but such do exist) and respond accordingly.

Well it might be possible in a bit complex/Crude way using analog sound output of the phone (handsfree) -> Mic/AuxIn of Sound card of computer. Whenever U get a voice call (ringer can be sensed) U can "revieve" the call using AT commands. Once this is done. U can auto announce to the user the keys(options) to press (Mic of Phone thru handfree port). The tone(analog) generated by the keypress has to be analysed by a s/w on the computer (Don't have ready reference - but such do exist) and respond accordingly.

29061[/snapback]

ya , it might be possible that way, but then, that would call for a custom program, to analyse the dtmf frequency, and then convert it to respective code.

which, otherwise, when using DTMF input, is done by the phone.

but then, that would call for a custom program, to analyse the dtmf frequency, and then convert it to respective code.

Yeah Static, anyway Amit has got to get a custom program developed with required the options etc. So the DTMF freq analyse feature can be added to that custom app itself. Only downside is it may occasionally(should be rare) fault if there is too much background noise/user shouts simultaneous with keypress etc as we are analyzing the analog sound freq. This can be reasonably overcome by acknowledging the user about the option/item he/she selected before proceeding.