Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Maverick75

Enabling 1X/3G Data On Non Verizon (Reliance -India) Fascinate

Hi!

I have a Samsung Galaxy SCH-I500 (also named as verizon Fascinate/Mesmerize) which i bought from Reliance in India. Everything has been working smoothly including 1x/3G data too on stock roms. But it was using android 2.2 froyo. Not content with it, currently i have flashed the TSM resurection 2.2 Rom with KGB kernel. Everything is working fine. But when i try to flash any rom other than Touchwiz roms, my data stops working. I have used the data fix files for ICS for verizon as well as non verizon (by massaint) but still it just does not connect. The Roms (have tried THS Bld 2, MIUI ICS, and AOKP M6) but with the same results.

My observation:

1) If i do not wipe data, cache & dalvik while flashing any Custom TW roms (like evil fascination, geewiz 2.8. or tsm res 2.2), I get 1x/3G connectivity.

2) If i wipe data, cache & dalvik while flashing any custom TW roms, I lose data connectivity on any above ROMs.

3) At any time if i flash back to Reliance stock roms I get back data connectivity again.

Due to this i am not able to flash any mtd based roms as it (i presume) wipes everything & hence i get no 1x/3G data.

PS: To enable 1x/3G data on stock rom (froyo) i have to go to settings-wireless & network -Mobile network-Reliance Netconnect (here i use Dial: #777; username: mobile no ; password: mobile no. Only then the phone connects to the Reliance data network.

Unfortunately, there is no such option to set the APN on any custom TW Roms and neither on AOKP/MIUI/AOSP ICS. Infact, i heard/read the APN settings cannot be changed on ICS roms.

Is there anything i can do about this.

Can anyone help me out with a solution for the same

Swapnil

Try this:

When you're on Reliance Stock ROM, backup APN settings with this app >> https://play.google....FJlc3RvcmUiXQ..

Then restore it while on custom ROM.

Read the instruction of Developer for restoring APN settings on ICS ROM's..

NOTE: Starting with Android 4.0/ICS, 3rd Party apps don't have access to write APN settings, hence this app no longer works for restoring APN backups as a normal app. You can convert it to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone and use. Instructions:

- Open Titanium Backup

- Go to backup/restore tab

- Find APN Backup & Restore on the list

- Long press on the app when you find it

- Select Convert to system app

- Open APN Backup & Restore

- Click menu and disable ICS check

• Like 2

Hi!

I have tried this already but it never works on reliance handsets. Infact it even does not work on stock froyo rom from reliance. (if i backup settings using the app, then do a wipe of data,dalvik,cache and then try restoring it using the app.)

Please note that on reliance handsets you have to go to settings-wireless & network -Mobile network-Reliance Netconnect (here i use Dial: #777; username: mobile no ; password: mobile no. Only then the phone connects to the Reliance data network. This is the only way data works.

Infact, i have tried copying apn files from stock rom to custom ones but even if it shows reliance apn, it fails to connect.

Well I donno much about Indian version but you might try using CDMA workshop to setup your phone like we do in our imported ones.

And then flash the 1x and 3g settings.

Its just a hunch, again saying I donno much just speculating

This could be very very risky and I do no how this Indian version will react to it.

GWizzing on beautifully :) and freakin loving it.

Did you flash the pap and chap files on custom ICS ROMs? Not sure if they would help if the connectivity is APN based but worth a try. The file is in the Epic 4G thread or you can search on XDA.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

HI!

@digitalnirvana ...I have checked the chap & pap files while on ICS. I find them to be same as when i am on stock rom on which data works.

@joshm...If you can list the settings you have done on your handset using cdma workshop, i will check if the same are present on my handset too. I have taken a backup of the nv settings, noted my min no etc just to play safe in case something goes wrong. Btw, i too am on GW2.8.1 now after spending long time on TSM res 2.2. I've used cpu tuner to OC to 1.44GHz and its benchmarking better than when i was on tsm. Kudos to djp....I'm loving it