Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
inderpalsingh

Nokia & R-World, Why Nokia Don't Hv R-World

Is it true that R-WORLD is not available on many NOKIA CDMA handsets :quest:

NOKIA is the world's top mobile manufacturing company in the world. It is the most advanced company in the Mobile communication Technology. :P What I failed to understand is that WHY R-WORLD IS NOT AVAILABLE ON NOKIA CDMA HANDSETS :quest:

Edited by inderpalsingh

Hi All,

This is very sad, I have bought Nokia 3205 in December and was told by Web World Customer care Excutive that R-World would be starting very soon on Nokia Sets...Most likely by the first week of January....Well this is the last week of January running and I am still waiting...But Nokia 3205 is a great phone I do not have any complains against the set.

I came across a person who was holding high post in Nokia sales. Acording to him, Nokia is about 1% market share in CDMA in India, they are planning to grow upto 25% by end of 2005.

Next month they will introduce about 2 models. One of which With bluetooth, memory chip, video recording etc.

He said, nokia's do not have R world because reliance requested not to keep R world as it will harm reliance business interest. Reliance sells all other brands except nokia, hence reliance did not prefered that Nokia provides R World, else no one will buy other hand sets (I dont agree fully) That is One of the reason why nokia CDMA is expensive than GSM counter part. Else nokia uses its own chip sets, so it does not pay royalty to qualcomm.

From month of April R connect is likely to be paid, so after some times nokia will have R World or WAP browsing, he was not sure.

Hi Guys,

Just bought a 3105 a week back. Found that RWorld is working with most of the options. I still get application errors sometimes while downloading ringtones but have downloaded 2-3 without any issues.

Was this something already working ? Or this is new ?

Regards

UD

since R-world is started on 3105, does ne1 have it working on nokia 3205 ???

- nil

R-world works on on JAVA-enabled handsets. (Many Nokia sets are not java-enabled). I don't know an LG handset which is NOT java-enabled.

So, with LG, you are pretty much sure of full R-world.

check your Nokia if it is Java-enabled or not.

(btw. limited R-world is also available on BREW-enabled handsets also)

bhutes, the nokias are java enabled. I dont think lg rd2230 is java enabled though and it doesnt have rworld.

I came across a person who was holding high post in Nokia sales. Acording to him, Nokia is about 1% market share in CDMA in India, they are planning to grow upto 25% by end of 2005.

Next month they will introduce about 2 models. One of which With bluetooth, memory chip, video recording etc.

He said, nokia's do not have R world because reliance requested not to keep R world as it will harm reliance business interest. Reliance sells all other brands except nokia, hence reliance did not prefered that Nokia provides R World, else no one will buy other hand sets (I dont agree fully) That is One of the reason why nokia CDMA is expensive than GSM counter part. Else nokia uses its own chip sets, so it does not pay royalty to qualcomm.

From month of April R connect is likely to be paid, so after some times nokia will have R World or WAP browsing, he was not sure.

28954[/snapback]

I am really surprised with no reply's for this post... anyway i want to answer this with my mind... (And kshah its really strange, do check the intigrity of that person.)

i like to mention i have no contacts for insider information with anyone in NOKIA or at reliance.

secondly i am a great fan of Nokia mobile but currently using LG 2130..(need to know how i am forced for this transition go here -> http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3096&hl=

First of all i think biggest problem with RIM Nokia mobile is they can't go for streaming video... and the colour is usuall 4k instead of 65k... someone somewhere told me that it is because of huge inventory of such screens which nokia complied (and that turned out to be a mistake.) and most of these sets are made for other countries which dont have operators providing WAP compatability and features like Rworld. They were as is provided for RIM with minor changes.

secondly i really dont think reliance can instruct Nokia not to provide rworld (considering Nokia CDMA handsets are made basically for both TATA and RIM) ... and more importantly RIM get revenue from it and even when it was free everyone was aware that its going to be pay (as they were extending free period again and again).

Now if nokia is not providing the royalty to Qualcomm it should be cheap.. (I may be wrong here ).

At the end I like to say that " I keep on exploring the possibility of returning to Nokia handset with every new launch of handset from them"

Edited by harshonline

As I mentioned its strange, but if you look at the phone settings using diego as well as at nokia site, developer forum etc. even 6225 even supports 3gp video streams. WAP, MMS, BREW and many other features are supported but are not enabled by reliance.

If you want to send MMS on CDMA there are two ways, one is to send by PPP connection or by QNC (Quick net connect). MMS has to be sent using URL or IP address of service provider. I tried to tweak phone but since MMS portal is open for RIM 6130 or may be other handsets which has native MMS.

6225 has WAP browsers as well java application download facilities, which I think equivellent to R WORLD as jatayu browser embeded in most RIM phones is JAVA browser. WAP connections are little tricky but if you see MMS portal of RIM, its page source is from OPENWAVE and thats the browser in 6225 or other nokia handsets except 2280.

I have firm belief that colors has nothing to do with r world or streaming videos as they are available on B/W handsets too.

If you are interested I can post list of all possible settings in 6225. You will be surprised to see, I bet.

:confuse::wacko::wacko::clap::clap::clap::clap::grin:

Stupidist thing I've heard in years shah. Sorry but it is. And it sounds more like lowly call center gossip!

may be but you may not have seen possible settings and capabilities of 6225, which I have. Anyway, download .xls file from link provided here and see what it has. My Webpage

there are two files, PDF contains EMS / SMS / MMS docment of nokia and another HTML page for internal settings of 6225

Edited by Chirag

These stuffs is quite interesting kshah. i can asure all 6225 owners tht some interesting doors gonna open for us very soon.

yes there are interesting settings in nokias but it can be tweaked only if one has access to other phones and its service tools. Ufortunately, I have only 191, 2230 and 2280 and 7230 access. none of them has native MMS. I am trying for wap browsing by intalling wap gateway on my desktop, no success yet. If it works then, who cares for r world

may be but you may not have seen possible settings and capabilities of 6225, which I have. Anyway, download .xls file from link provided here and see what it has. My Webpage

there are two files, PDF contains EMS / SMS / MMS docment of nokia and another HTML page for internal settings of 6225

34322[/snapback]

Hi,

somehow the my webpage url points to an empty page. i tried everything but couldnt see the page. please provide te details once again as i bought the 6225 considering it was a nokia but realized it was a stupid mistake. it has got nothing except basic phone functions and the reliability of nokia. i would suggest everyone planning to buy a RIM to ensure that they see a working model with someone before they buy a new set.

regards

yes 6225 is made plain vanilla phone by reliance, else it has almost all features of most LG / Samsung phones, infact reliance has made it impotent phone. I feel sorry for nokia too who agreed to sell such stripped down phone, which is capable of handling SMS / MMS / LMS/ JAVA / BREW / WAP.

Yes it does. The phone is a beauty. Incidentally I also have the GSM equivalent 3120, but the interface on the 3125 is even more polished.

hey i am vishal ovr here n i am using nokia 6225....... i hv taken it a month back...... i want to know about the possibilities of exploring new activities which i can carry thru dis handset..... anyone got any internal setting?