Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krishin.rajani

Help Required - HTC EVO 3D Touch Pad Not Functioning Partially

Hello Friends

I have a big hope to get helped out over here.

Recently my 1 year old HTC EVO3D has started bothering me by not responding to me as it used to earlier on the touch pad part...

The lower portion of the touch pad, i.e. the portion wherein 'menu', 'phone', 'personalise' appear. (I've marked the area in red circle in screenshot)

I feel that this is not the hardware problem because it is not always when it doesn't work (sometime it works fine & sometimes it doesn't) and moreover if I go into some other application, the touch in the said area works fine. If it had to be a hardware prob, the touch would have not worked in that area irrespective of the page (home screen / application).

Another strange thing that I noticed only today is that when I soft touch (not press as to lock or switch off the phone) the power key after removing the battery cover, it keeps on clicking to the 'phone' button continuously for 2 three times. To be specific once if it (phone option) gets touched / clicked, the option is then changed to call as the call history appears after touching once. As I said it gets touched for 2-3 times continuously means a call is being placed automatically.

I suspected it to be a soft / operational glitch, hence tried doing a factory reset, however ended up getting a more worse touch sensitivity in the said area. Also lost some paid apps :(

Thirdly although not a new prob but when I switch to the front camera, the front camera never starts but the main camera gives me a upside down image. It means rather than switching from main to front cam, it turns the image upside down.

Pl share your experience if someone has faced similar prob and if anyone has something they think of any help, it would be really great.

Awaiting for an affirmative response....

The lower portion of the touch pad, i.e. the portion wherein 'menu', 'phone', 'personalise' appear. (I've marked the area in red circle in screenshot)

Where is the screenshot? Can't see any in the post!

I suspected it to be a soft / operational glitch, hence tried doing a factory reset, however ended up getting a more worse touch sensitivity in the said area. Also lost some paid apps :(

Factory reset does not re-install the ROM. Merely resets your account. I suggest you wipe/format everything through recovery and then install latest HTC Stock ROM through RUU to check whether the issue is with software/ROM.

It is something ghost touching, I too faced this long back when i was having evo 3d.

nothing to do with software part. I also tried all software from hboot 1.30 to 1.50 but got no sucess.Sometimes it use to work without problem. but after couple of days, i face same problem. you can check it by some draw line apps. just draw circular line. round round and round, and see.

just see the following video.

Some people fixed this by disabling multitouch. There is one tool in market for samsung galaxy s, dont remember the name. you can search by galaxy s in market. I tried that tool too, but it doent work for me.

Lastly its an digitizer problem.

LOL. I pissed my lcd while changing my digitizer. I tried myself. but, still i have courage got an lcd and digitizer again changed it myself and sold my evo 3d.

btw, i have 2 spared digitizer extra. I bought for my evo 3d.

btw, i have 2 spared digitizer extra. I bought for my evo 3d.

Thanks Mr. Sunil, can you tell me the price of the digitizer if you would want to sell it to me pls?

Factory reset does not re-install the ROM. Merely resets your account. I suggest you wipe/format everything through recovery and then install latest HTC Stock ROM through RUU to check whether the issue is with software/ROM.

Although did not try the above, however I upgraded to ICS (OTA).. the problem still persists. Now I am sure it is hardware prob, i.e. digitizer.

Thirdly although not a new prob but when I switch to the front camera, the front camera never starts but the main camera gives me a upside down image. It means rather than switching from main to front cam, it turns the image upside down.

Can anyone help on this please as I am unable to do any video call :(

I got it for 1k wont mind giving you in same.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

^^1k for 1 or 2 digitizers?

if you could pl PM me your contact number? Thanks.

One offcourse.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have similar issue of ghost touches and the phone has become useless. Can anybody confirm where can I get it repaired in Delhi. I am no good at hardware.Thanks in advance.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2