Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pabitrak5

MTS Stops EVDO Services For Its Old Customers using HSD Voice Data Packs

dear friends for last one week I am at ajmer....till today morning I was getting evdo signal...but for last ten hours its not there.....only 1x is coming....yes today morning only o have recharge with 140...after that only its not thr.... any of you from west bengal if facing the same problem please put your comments.....

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk

same here... I am not getting EVDO signal from day before yesterday.

after recharging with Rs.140 are u getting EVDO signal or not?????

I was getting evdo signal on rs 90-2gb pack for 30 days!but for last 3days only 1x!!what happened to MTS???cc has no clue,what about other people in kolkata?

:previous:

Same here :-(

What are are the new HSIA EVDO settings?

Yes.. The worst days of MTS n it's customers like us who r using hsd voice data packs had came.. Most of the users who r activated with evdo data, had lost their evdo activation. . It's really the worst move ever.. As i am one of the few, who was benefited by mts hsd packs. We are really ashamed by this move.. I will try to get the updates from mts officials tomorrow regarding this issue..

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 on MTS

no EVDO SIGNAL even at pune also...bad

dear friends

we all who were getting benefit of 90 and 140 rs recharge data plan are now in trouble. MTS is started cutting EVDO for customers who are on OMH sir and not on MTS designated handset.

lets find out explanations from MTS officials on this kind of unethical move by the company...

please express your opinions....and anyone knowing officials of MTS please take up the matter...

regards

pabitra

This is unfair on the part of MTS. If they want to stop abuse of hsd on OMH, they could raise the tariff to make it at par with that of their smart phones. Who stopped them?

I'm ready to pay the smart phone tariff for hsd. We, the subscribers did not compel them to float cheap hsd tariff on OMH. They allowed EVDO activation through SMS, allowed different hsd tariff for mobiles and Mblaze and smart phones. Now if they want to raise their income, they could have sent messages that the tariff of mobile hsd is being made at par with Mblaze/ MTS branded smart phones.

Why they deactivated the EVDO?

May be the coming auction of 2G spectrum is forcing them to do so...

^

I don't think so. For the ensuing spectrum auction, one operator would like to vie for bigger subscriber base. MTS will lose subscribers by this move for sure, will not gain anything.

If they wanted more subscribers to join (where there is already EVDO network), they could have allowed EVDO activation more in number and make the hsd tariff a moderate one so that it can be competitive in the market.

MTS has a good network base where they have invested quite a good amount of money.

May be the coming auction of 2G spectrum is forcing them to do so...

Forcing them to accept the recharge amount and stop the service ??

Bahut Naainsaafi hai.. :P

Contacted the nodal officer of MTS, West Bengal. He apprised that for EVDO, it's now needed to convert the existing numbers into MTS's smartphone's number. Then only EVDO will work, that too with SMART STVs.

I'm going for that.

MTS confirms that they stopped hsd data on normal omh ruim's.. We can only get evdo on smartphone ruim's.. We are trying to get the way to convert our existing ruim to smartphone number..

One of our rimweb senior member SougataDC will confirm it here soon as he got this reply from mts officials..

" God save MTS "

Contacted the nodal officer of MTS, West Bengal. He apprised that for EVDO, it's now needed to convert the existing numbers into MTS's smartphone's number. Then only EVDO will work, that too with SMART STVs.

I'm going for that.

Can anybody post the smartphone tariff on mts here...?

MTS totally cheated with us.. They started activation of hsd on mobile after a long fight, the started cheap packs for EVDO in Kolkata n RoWB , they introduced three different tariffs for same service, i.e mblaze, smartphone (they are really cheap dumbphones.. Isn't it?) n hsd voice data packs.., they gave us cheap unmatched tariff with good service...n now they stopped evdo on our numbers!!! What a service yaar..

I'm going for that.

MTS totally cheated with us.. They started activation of hsd on mobile after a long fight, the started cheap packs for EVDO in Kolkata n RoWB , they introduced three different tariffs for same service, i.e mblaze, smartphone (they are really cheap dumbphones.. Isn't it?) n hsd voice data packs.., they gave us cheap unmatched tariff with good service...n now they stopped evdo on our numbers!!! What a service yaar..

I think time has come for you to remove the MTS Signature

Rs.140 for 6GB is very Cheap, This tariif was for 1x Use only & Not for EVDO,

It was like a bypass.. Jitne Din chalta hai mazae Karo.

in any case mts is gone from next month after auction!so they stopped it now!I think mts people should start porting out!but no doubt the offer was really good!

Edited by krishnendu halder

lets see to it that we convert our OMH sim into the sim they want it to be...I have used both reliance and MTS EVDO networks ....the speed is good in MTS EVDO....

Looks like some customers were raping poor mts :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going for that.

Yes.. It's the time for me to remove the mts signature.. I will do it when i am with my laptop..

Can anybody confirms that if mts activated smartphone data service on our existing omh ruim's.. Will the existing voice, sms tariffs work? N will the new all@30 paisa pack with denomination of 73 will work?

I think it can only be confirmed by Sougata now... Because as per the official email he received fro mts wb nodal, his number was already converted to smartphone number.. So i requested him to check the voice tariffs asap...

:previous:

dont understand after discontinuation of data packs what remains so special about MTS!CC told me rs 402 rs will give only 1.5gb data in evdo!What a crap!even gsm 3g is cheaper than this!Not to mention the awesome speeds in 3g atleast in my area!

I'm going for that.

MTS offered that tariff not for 1x - as they provided tariff posters accross retailers showing these packs with * that 3X available with OMH RUIM & EVDO handsets, these posters also include SMS activation process for EVDO.

So people changed their normal RUIM to OMH ruim and activated evdo and start enjoying cheap evdo data.

now they had 3 types of evdo data packs - for mts mblaze, mts smartphones and omh ruim users.

the worst part is they did not notify this to customers and middle of the validity of the packs evdo gets deactivated.[something like you are using 3G pack, suddenly 3G n/w access is now restricted without prior notice]

they have to make sure about data packs for mobile users.

• Like 2

If I would know this... will surely download atleast 5GB per day with Rs.19 pack... but believe me I did not do that on a single day as I knew that MTS will not withdraw this suddenly. feeling regret. Thought to buy a Mtag 3.1 but mind changed to buy a handset without EVDO.

Edited by ani_rocks

Rudradeep (inception) is right to point out that there was no secrecy in MTS's offer of EVDO on OMH. In my locality the shop-owner who recharges for all operators showed me leaflets, folders and posters giving details of EVDO activation, tariff of EVDO (at that time it was Rs. 97.99 for 2GB, and Rs. 147 for 6GB) published by MTS itself.

Telecom talk has published today an article on this unethical move of MTS.

The nodal officer has apprised about the tariff just now:

post-28928-0-37472000-1344345166_thumb.p

Ridiculous, in deed. I'm fed up with MTS.

Yesterday I was informed that my number was already converted, but now in the last mail the nodal officer is telling that my number is under the process of conversion. Ridiculous again.

Edited by sougatadc