Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kmc251

Spam Complaint Email Recieved From Reliance

Hi, Today i recieved a strange email from reliance...

------xxxx------ (My Name)

--------------xxxxxxxxxxxx--------- (My Adress)

City JALGAON

Pin Code 425001

State MAHARASHTRA

Dear Customer,

You maybe aware, that there are various national and international agencies that monitor Internet traffic on an on-going basis. This monitoring is done for the following reasons:

To prevent misuse

Limit damage caused by spread of computer viruses

To prevent any copyrights violations

For managing individual’s security

These agencies share information related to breach and violation of Internet usage with us regularly.

It has been reported that the following Reliance MDN No. 99xxxxxxxx was used for accessing Internet for Spamming was done on 10th August 2012 at 3:39:03 PM Hrs IST.

Spamming is a serious and punishable offence according to National and International Laws related to Cyber Crime and may cause Legal Action to follow.

Please take this into your notice and kindly ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future. In case there is repeated misuse of the R-Connect service, we might be constrained to discontinue the Reliance service.

If you have any queries regarding this, then please feel free to contact us.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely,

ISM Helpdesk

E-mail : Antiabuse.support@relianceada.com

Enjoy the widest reach of 3G services across India only On Reliance

www.rcom.co.in/3G.

i dont think any such thing done from my side.... why would i get this mail... what exactly does this mean ? can someone clerify ???

ha ha :w00t: may be some friend of u, is playing a prank on u !!!! if they find u are spaming i dont think they will send u any "first" warning kind of stuff and why would they bother even if u did ?? leave him a reply, if he found anything offensive or spam , move it to the cyber crime department ,

The complaint email looks genuine, PM me the email header. Very likely that your PC is infected with virus/malware and sent the spam emails. You can install an anti-virus software, update it to the latest version and run a deep scan. Install and run a deep scan with an anti-malware software also.

Good to know they are monitoring such incidents as I have seen Reliance NetConnect IPs blacklisted in many blacklists. BSNL's IPs are terrible with blacklistings all over the place.

^^ arun sir but why would they monitor ?? and how ?? are reliance net guys monitoring their users with out their concern ? woudn't that lead to a privacy issue like "carrier iq " incident ?

They get the complaints from spam reporting services ike SpamCop or Spamhaus, etc. These spam reporting services also keep the database (called blacklist) of IP or IP ranges (in case of ISPs) that are responsible for generating spam, which are in turn shared and used by other mail servers for filtering spammers. They contact the ISPs (or web hosting provider if it is a server) with the full header of the spam complaint and would ask them to check it and prevent from happening again. The ISP or provider would then contact the end user seen in the complaint they received and would ask to fix the spam issue. Once the ISP is sure that the spam issue is fixed by the end user, they can respond to the spam reporting services to delist their IP from the blacklist.

• Like 1

After recent attack on their server, rcom is monitoring the hits on their DNS servers, they report the same to the respective customer.. Does your PC have antivirus?

arun sir, thanks for the valuable info

Recently I updated SPF key on all my domains. So that no one can send any SPAM messages except the permit list mentioned in SPF record.

So I am assured of ZERO ( 0 ) spam email sent from my accounts by outsiders.

:previous:

Having SPF for your domain does not "assure" you of "0 spam" from your domains; it can help reduce the forged spam. Professional Spammers can workaround SPF as it is not a foolproof method. SPF can stop sender-envelope/client-host forging only and not header forging. Also remember that not all mail server would check for SPF records as many are not configured for it.

Anyway email spoofing isn't related to the issue in discussion by the OP, he uses gmail on his laptop as per his PM and just needs to clean up the laptop with anti-virus and anti-malware software.

• Like 2

They had blocked my website and also blacklisted my Static IP for the same, it took BSNL 25 days to issue me a new static ip and that too i had never spammed it..

later we realized that we used to use the server thou static IP remotely that led to Blacklisting of our Static IP....

This is really a big pain. Reliance hav static ip. my ip is blacklisted my many servers.

@kmc251: you need to really take care of your laptop. try running combofix. its a small nice tool. antivirus, firewall will help you.

spf, doesnt work. sending mails from anyone id to anyone id is simple. advance users mail know this. even gmail, yahoo dont detect that if your ip is not listed in spam list.. This two are gaint. In both my mail was recieved in inbox.

may be they have some filtering by ip.

btw, they have special filtering with some big domain", @facebook.com,". you cant send like admin @ facebook dot com mails.