Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mohan

Help Needed with Programming for SMS on 3G USB Data Card

Friends...

i developed a software for sending sms via 3g modem using AT commands... It works wll for huwai modem... But with micromaxm mx352g i cant able to use it... do anyone help me to at command for sending sms using micromax 3g modem and port to be send....(Port Name)

i tried on application interface port, diagonastic interface port and pipe port

thanks in advance....

I haven't used this specific model but sometime back i had to use a number of such dongles for sms in a industrial automation equipment and one Quick & dirty method I can suggest is to install wammu/gammu http://wammu.eu on linux and if its sending sms successfully then do a ps to check the command line options it is using to send sms and then use the same in your app.

Or you could download the hardware manual for the micromax model which should be on huawei site (or what ever rebranded chinese equipment micromax is using) and then do it the proper way.

Is the micromax dongle able to send SMS from its own dialer etc ? Because not all dongles even support sms. check http://wammu.eu/phones/ to see the capabilities of specific models. If the micromax/huawei dialler doesn't show SMS option (but dongle actually does support sms) then you can use "huawei mobile partner" - search on google for it as its not maintained by huawei anymore but one good gujju guy selling 3g modems has it hosted on his site.

If its sending sms from HMP then maybe you can see the port its using. You'll also have to try various permutations of the baudrate & other settings if not evident from HMP.

I have found its faster/simpler/cheaper & more reliable to just check wammu site for supported model and buy only those models rather than trying to get any random model to work. Many of the chinese manufacturers have undocumented quirks in their hardware which needs some strange initialization string or something.

EDIT: I can see that it does seem to support sms. see if HMP or Wammu/Gammu are sending SMS.

Edited by ami1

thanks for ur reply... i can able to send sms thro their own software... but cant able to check which port it uses and what command it uses.... what is HMP any link?

i dnt have linux so cant ablt check with wammu....

:(