Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mywebid

Feedback on Alcatel CDMA Handsets

Am looking for feedback on Alcatel CDMA handsets. Does anyone has used any of the Alcatel CDMA handsets (available with MTS, OMH)? How they compare with quality of other cheap Chinese re-brabded handests like Micromax.

I had went to a mobile shop for buying a new CDMA handset and he recommended Alcatel strongly (Alcatel OT 616C) saying that though he stocks Micromax, but as I have said that I need quality hanset he is showing Alcatel and it is his guarantee that it has a quality of Nokia & Samsung! Unable to rely & undecided, I thought of first take feedback.

Please give your feedback if you have used Alcatel handsets.

I googled Alcatel OT 616C, but didn't show up any result for that model. Anyways if you want no-chinese phone, then go for Alcatel. I have a GSM phone Alcatel OT 710D, dual sim touch phone and its quality is comparable to nokia, samsung.

Much better than micromax or any chinese.

Alcatel mobiles are no longer made by original alcatel. The brand is taken over by TCL which is a chinese consumer electronics giant.

I had an original Alcatel GSM set 10 years back. great set. With option to operate on 3 AAA batteries if normal battery runs down.

one of my colleague is using an Alcatel GSM Android set. very satisfied.

^ even i have one Alcatel One Touch 318D (dual sim - gsm).. it serves the purpose of keeping the SIMs active.. :)

Tata indicom were selling "sms express" model made of alcatel, cost 1100.

good phone for daily users

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

I googled Alcatel OT 616C, but didn't show up any result for that model. Anyways if you want no-chinese phone, then go for Alcatel. I have a GSM phone Alcatel OT 710D, dual sim touch phone and its quality is comparable to nokia, samsung.

Much better than micromax or any chinese.

Abhishek, it is even posted here on RimWeb forums - http://www.rimweb.in...__+alcatel +616

Edited by mcwintek

Looks like there are conflicting views - some are of the view that it can now be of chinese quality as it is taken by TCL.

Anyone bought Alcatel handset recently? or anyone using this particular handset - Alcatel One Touch 616 C?

Anyone can try Alcatel Virgin Mobile Venture, its easily usable on Indian CDMA networks. Global easy buy on eBay sells brand new ventures for Rs 3300. It has GB platform and ergonomic keypad.

Sent from my Sensation XL using Tapatalk