Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
digitalnirvana

Interest check: G-Box II Android TV Box running JellyBean

isn't lapdock supposed to work with webtop enabled motorola sets only?

also saw news that lapdock has been discontinued and firesale is on at verizon stores.

Sale price of lapdock is 50 dollars. Motorola has discontinued webtop feature. New razr hd has no webtop. Google has ordered the end of life of webtop. Looks like asus padfone is superior, offering better touchscreen operation and sleek integration.

Hmm, being sold by veedee who have good reputation for low cost tablets, at that price you can take the plunge and buy it, though I would personally recommend the g box (whose prices have increased) or mk802 USB dongle through ebay.com.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Why no buyer has still given a detailed review as promised?

Buyer's remorse to nahi hai na? Ya fir product dabba nikli?

I at least put up the pics sir :) the possibilities with the product are endless - I have yet to explore everything so keeping a low profile. Just installed nova on it, giving a stock jelly bean look, and played some games and did some browsing and streaming video, all work fine. Ab isse zyada kya review aap bolo will try to cover specific points.

Ics and jellybean sends touchscreen signals thru usb, so connect to dell touchscreen monitor to get multitouch 19 inch tablet. XD

@Dipan

off-the-cuff, these are few questions.

• How good is the resolution quality? PC Like? Can different resolutions be applied? Like 1360X760 from 1920X1080.
  • How good wireless keyboard/mouse work in terms of response connected through USB?
  • Is is a viable option to use as a browsing/downloading device instead of normal PC? Any drawbacks?

@Dipan

off-the-cuff, these are few questions.

• How good is the resolution quality? PC Like? Can different resolutions be applied? Like 1360X760 from 1920X1080.
  • How good wireless keyboard/mouse work in terms of response connected through USB?
  • Is is a viable option to use as a browsing/downloading device instead of normal PC? Any drawbacks?

I will try my best to answer,

1. The resolution is TV like, and because I connect it via HDMI port, I find the resolution to be perfect for games e.g. asphalt and browsing. In fact, sometimes while browsing I wish the resolution could be changed to make the text bigger (haven't found a setting to do that). I could not try out multiple resolutions but on a HD TV the resolution is easily better than, if not as good as SD. I will take few more photos and upload to explain my point.

2. This is meant to be used with wireless USB keyboard and mouse, full stop. The bundled remote was not working for me (I contacted them and they have sent a free replacement via international shipping which is yet to reach me) but if you want to properly use this device then wireless keyboard and mouse is must have. They work extremely well, I bought Logitech mk220 keyboard mouse bundle from EBay and it works great. One drawback, when you press the enter key of keyboard, it prompts to select the language (android English or Swype etc.). This can be easily bypassed by selecting the relevant option and clicking OK. I am not sure if this is a bug or a settings issue.

3. As a internet box this works great, no limitations I have faced so far. Wi-Fi detection is seamless and browsing on a 32" HD screen is gorgeous. My only nitpick is sometimes the resolution seems too much, and for older people a lower resolution would be better to properly see the small texts. Media player wise, I have not used it much, but it fully supports market (some apps like power amp are not supported and there is a bundled app called market enabler to get those not supported apps) so it should be a competent media box.

To be honest I bought it on a whim and should have used it more than I have, so it has been bit of a waste of money, it is not a tablet replacement as I initially thought because it is tied to the TV but what it does is it makes your TV Smart - and that it does very well, possibly way better than it's competitors. I have heard the price has gone up by $100 (unverified by me) but at the price point we got, it is value for money.

• Like 1

FAVI's $50 Streaming Stick Adds Apps, Streaming Services To Any HDTV With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Source

Favi SmartStick Official Website >> http://www.favientertainment.com/v/vspfiles/SmartStick_custom/index.html

ss-front-side.png

Why get a Smart TV when you can enhance your existing HDTV with a dongle? That's the precise inquiry FAVI is aiming to answer with its SmartStick, a device that lets you access streaming movies, music, apps, and games just by plugging it into your television's HDMI port. It runs Jelly Bean, the latest Android OS, and supports services like Netflix, Hulu, Epix, YouTube, and Pandora. Other features include a full internet browser, 4GB of memory, and the ability to wirelessly stream media from your computer via its MediaSHARE app. Since it runs Android, you can download apps from the Google Play store as well. The SmartStick's $50 price tag is hard to beat. You can also get a mini wireless keyboard and touchpad mouse for $39.99 for easier navigation. The FAVI Streaming Stick will be available this November, though you can pre-order it now for an October 30th ship date.

Check the SmartStick promo video.

• Like 1

I have already pre ordered it. There's a 28$ shipping fees included for India.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Do post a review when you get it, and invest in a good quality wireless keyboard and mouse, the logitech mk220 is great and around Rs 1K on EBay India.

@Digitalnirvana will do sir. Its a preorder.

God only knows when its gonna come.

Had ordered Rasberry Pi, 2 numbers. Recently received a email stating further delay cause of over bookings, still waiting for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just ordered Amkette wi-key for my GBOX from TIMTARA @ 1895/- after using 400 off Rs. 2000/- coupon TIM4.

Link : http://www.timtara.c...i-Touchpad.html

Other alternative is Logitech's K400 @ 2120/- after 400 off with same coupon TIM4 which is again cheapest compared to ebay n all I have checked..

Link : http://www.timtara.c...s-Keyboard.html

One more alternative is Lenovo N5901 @ 1975/- ( u can take benefit of ebay coupons as per your suitability)

Link : http://www.ebay.in/i...6#ht_691wt_1139

I preferred Amkette to Logitech as I am lefty & logitech's trackpad is on right side which would be uncomfortable... Lenovo seems to small...

^^^^^^

Be careful when purchasing on timtara.com, there are soo many bad news surrounding them reg their genuineness... Even four to five Rimweb members had problem while dealing with them...

You were right. Even after 25days, no update from timtara. Last week even their numbers were not available. Today finally got thru CC & he says still awaiting shipment. One of my worst experiences. Have raised the complaint to cancel the order.

Lets see...

Micromax has today launched Micromax Smart Stick, a dongle running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich, that brings the Android experience to a television screen. It has a standard HDMI interface and also has a USB host. The Smart Stick has 4GB of flash memory, Wi-Fi Direct connectivity and can also connect with wireless mouse and keyboard. It is priced at Rs 4,990.

r0e460.jpg

hi their rajan bhai i would like to buy the micromax smart stick where can i buy the same....

@andydesai

Just launched today. Should take few days to reach online & offline stores.

^ kaka, am still waiting for G'five G95 to hit local market or any reliable online store.. :crazy1:

:previous:

Many other local choices available now for 5" like Micromax A100, iBall Andi 5C, Spice MI 500.

But this is baap of all with best specs... :Sorprendido:

ZOPO ZP900 LEADER >> http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/45-zopo-leader-zp900-android-phone.html

Specs:

1 Ghz Dual Core, Android 4 ICS, Jelly Bean Upgrade planned.

5.3" QHD IPS 960X540 Display

1 GB RAM, 4GB ROM

8 MP Cam With Dual LED, 2 MP Front

Zopo ZP900 Leader hands on review VIDEO

kaka, BETA to mil nahin raha, BAAP ko kahan se dhoondhenge.. :P

Sorry for being OT mates.. :P

• Like 1