Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Bharath123

Datacard that doesn't require sofware installation?

Would someone please suggest a good datacard to use in Madurai?

I want to use it with my company's laptop. Since I don't have admin rights on my company's laptop the datacard must not require any software to be installed on my laptop. If all data require software installation then what are the other options? Can I get a 3G router, connect the datacard with it and connect my laptop to the router?

I'm looking for a good speed as well.

Please also suggest where to buy them, approx price and what to expect. Sorry, I'm new to all these.

Thanks so much.

Go for wifi router device by micromax, which comes to around Rs2499 from ebay.in and you just need to connect it via wifi.. Even its having auto apn facility.. By default it comes without password, but you can set one via settings...

This is the best device to connect your 3G Sim to your laptop via wifi, without need for any installations...

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Thanks so much KanagaDeepan. Would you please answer these questions as well?

Could you please suggest a router model too?

I assume that I have to plug in a SIM card to this router. If yes, what kind of SIM card should I get and what speeds would I get? I'm looking for at least 2 to 3 MBPS speed if possible.

Please bear with me for all the dumb questions. I'm new to all these stuff.

Huawei E303 HiLink version does not need software installation, you can manage settings over browser.

Just like we do it for ADSL modem/Wireless router.

Check at your local shops for Huawei E303 HiLink - price Rs 2800 or less

do not buy if HiLink is not mentioned.

Other alternative: use your smartphone with USB tethering app.

Thanks inception and angeleyes.

Inception, would you please let me know if Huawei E303C would also work in the same way? I see that it's being sold in Flipkart. Buying it online from a reliable store is a better option for me as I'm not much familiar with local markets (I'm living overseas). If only E303 HiLink is a good option please let me know where I can buy it if you don't mind. Again thanks for all the help.

There was one BSNL datacard also ( TeraCom ) that also can be run via making a simple dialup no need to install any software ..

There was one BSNL datacard also ( TeraCom ) that also can be run via making a simple dialup no need to install any software ..

i have used terracom in the past. Afaik you still have to install the modem drivers for the dialup to work.

installation is required in almost every case where a device is connected physically to computer/laptop.. maybe its for driver or for dashboard. In dashboard installation, drivers automatically gets installed..

It might seem a weird idea but can we change the drive and install the program on the microsd card in the dongle ?

I have never tried doing this though :P

^ and what about drivers ?

oops..

Forgot that aspect..