Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Medical insurance advise

well till now i never gave it a thought ( i guess i was a fool coz now i ll have to shell out more than 50k to get the gall bladder removed of my wife as she got multiple gall stones.

wanted opinion of you guyz about the better company from which i should get the medical insurance done , and how much should be the amount per lac.

i had a talk with an agent from United India , he told that 1400 Rs per lac for adults per year and 1100 to 1200 per lac per year for kids.

is this right ?

please post your views and help us .

regards

Most nationalize banks offer very good health insurances to their customers, check with them.

• Like 1

PSU insurer are much cheaper than private counterpart.. but they have number of limits for i.e. ICU expense per day should not be more than 2% of Sum assured etc etc...even some private insurer do the same.

I had taken a policy from Maxbupa 2 years ago.. though havent claimed it yet.. but as per online reviews and research done 2 years prior... Maxbupa are best in terms of settling the claims and offer good customer service. Also there is no sub limit as such.

My Rating for private insurer:

1.Maxbupa

2. Apollo Munich

3. Star Health.

Do your online research, check fine prints and choose plan which suits your requirements.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I was with HDFC Ergo for last two years with no claims. Just switched over to Max Bupa.

• Like 1

I will list few criteria to look for.

1) involvement of TPA

2) daycare procedure covered.

3) days if settlement in case of admission at non affiliated hospital.

Based in this, decide and as suggested ,

I am also using max bupa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@ Ashish Ji :- Don't choose MEDI ASSIST as TPA, They have very bad customer care, they never give claims.

And sir aap to khud doctor ho..aapko to pata hoga konsa TPA acha hai.

• Like 2

i have my regular cover from the company and a backup from icici lombard [family floater, critical illnes, topup]

most important thing to remember is that until you go through an actual claims process there is very little independent data out there to compare payout / settlement ratio's

i only went for lombard since they take card payment over the phone so premiums are hassle free [no forms to fill out, no id or address proofs reqd etc]

the policy is couriered to your address and emailed to your id

the credit card verifies your name and is a proxy for id

but i know that's clearly not a good reason to choose any GIC

e.g., lombard claims a 'closure ratio' of over 95% which is very misleading

even a rejected claim can be considered 'closed' so anything below 99% is not very good!

they refuse to provide any other data over the phone or email like most pvt co.

what we need is the irda forcing the insurers to disclose on their sites the

avg actual payment ratio [actual payout / total claim] so we know how much is paid for approved claims and

avg rejection ratio [total declines / total claims] and

avg payment time [days from claim filing to mailing of cheque]

My entire family is insured with United India. Off lately they try to pay less by finding discrepancies in one or the other way. But I guess, most of the insurer are in the same boat.

Suggestion: There is also an policy from LIC which is not related to your existing medical policy. It gives you cash for no . of days you are hospitalised and also for 'day -care' treatment. Its called Jeevan Arogya.

I will take sides with Dharmesh and agree with his recos...

I have mediclaim with ICICI, Reliance and MaxBupa. Of these my experiences with Reliance and ICICI is very very good so far. Maxbupa - I have taken just this March, so no comments, except the fact they do not have any TPAs, they deal directly.

ICICI was really fantastic with my claims settlement - absolutely no issue, that too in Cashless. Icici is a bit costly premium wise compared to all others.

Choose your insurer after studying all opinions and recos here and elsewhere also - I mean online (other websites) as well as offline (friends, relatives etc).

My opinion:

1. Go for a policy which can continue beyond 70 years

2. Try and take a floater (since in a year, chances of everyone getting ill is remote). Can be of a higher value. This will be cost effective

3. Generally, my exiperience says that low cost policies does not fully cover all illness. Though the premium might be high but try and take the max posible cover.

4. In addition to the above overall policy, there is a mediclaim from BOB at a very less price (tied up with National Insurance till I remember it right). I would also adive to take that in addition since for a small amount, the coverage is high and would cover many illness.

5. The most important: Read the policy. Negotiate on the terms and conditions (if you go with a private company). Trust me, you can get the terms and conditions changed based on your needs. I am saying this because my colleague was successful in doing this. For me, I had taken this stem cell preservation and I was successfull in negotiating the entire contract. It works!

6. Last, if you are working somewhere, try and plung into the corporate coverage. No questions asked, claims easily settled

Thanks a bunch friends for the suggestions ,

and a special thanks to Hitesh dear :)

i am looking into all possibilities now .

still undecided though , may be i ll be in better frame of mind when i ll get the surgery of Mrs. done.

regards

plz keep posting your views, reviews, and suggestions about the various insurers.

our full family is on new india assurance for more than 10 years now during this period we had couple of claims for my mom (including bypass surgery) and we got almost full claim everytime except some small rejections (not more than 5% of claim value)

Anyone here opted for Religare medical policy. They are providing double benefit. There is a clause whereby I can claim twice the amount insured and all agents are banking on that. Also free check up every year at SRL diagnostic centres. The offer is quite tempting. But the problem is that they are too new for this.

Other aspect is, the market is already flooded with too many insurers and it is not money making business. The market is such that no one can afford to provide such benefits. Its open market and they might do initially to get customers and after quitely withdraw all the benefits. Relinace also had many tempting offers and all were later withdrawn and even claims were not passed as per policy.

The reason is that one of my relatives is involve and his after us like anything.