Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
yogeshpote

Disk Space missing after format on Sandisk MicroSD Card

hello Guys,

this is my first time to start a topic hope you people would help. i purchased brand new Sandisk Micro SDXC 1 - UHS class 10 - 64GB capacity card. after unpacking it tried to use in my S3 but didnt work out of the box so had to use my PC to check, even then it didnt work on PC and kept warning me to format in order to use. so left with no choice i had to format with default settings. and to my surprise after formatting on PC the card was recognized but only with 27.4GB were as the card says its 64GB....! :ranting: i tried to format it again and still not showing for more the 27.4 GB for 64GB card. is there something i am doing wrong?

^ you might have formatted it with FAT32 filesystem & this card uses exFAT (extended FAT).

Try to format the card with exFAT.

:previous:

@alok tried doing that as well....but still the same.

It happend with me once when i got a chinese mp3 player with 4gb capacity but after formatting it started showing 1Gb that was software manipulated just make sure you have original sandisk card

Could be fake memory card. Try sdcardformator and check again.

Consider your self lucky even if it is so much else they can make 512 MB card look like 16 gb

Always format first from your mobile phone.. That way, you need not worry about the FS and everything..

If it still shows 32 GB, then it may be fake card.. But if someone trying to sell fake card, may sell just 2 or 4GB card as 64 GB one than the 32GB one, imho...

Sent from my iPhone like looking (for Sheeps) Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Which OS are you using in ur PC, i had similar issue with a 8GB card in which only 4 GB was visible, i tried formating with different in Win7 and changed the File system and it worked

I have W7 on my machine and tried to use the card on my S3 but no luck still shows 27.4gb looks like it was fault from sandisk and could be error in printing on card and package as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm using 32GB San Disk card on my Note. 29.7 GB space should be available if it is a 32GB card.

....shows 27.4gb looks like it was fault from sandisk and could be error in printing on card and package as well.

^ yogesh's card looks like a manipulated fake card..

where did u purchase it from and was any kind of bill and warranty given ??

Fakes are usually just 1-2 GB.

Just check if by any chance the partition has been created smaller (by mistake or because of another partition for encryption or something else).

On linux gparted/fdisk, on windows: right click 'my computer' > Manage > Disk Management. Then see if partition is occupying full space or less than the disk size.

To check if its fake or not, Copy some large sized file(s). and see if you can Copy them BACK. (Fakes will show that files are copied successfully to card, but will NOT be able to copy it back)

See if 4-5 GB first and try with 20-30GB.

Edited by ami1