Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

Sprint Nexus S 4G - Radio Stopped - cant connect to COM port

I was programing Nexus S 4g did all using CDMA wk and pressed mode reset and disconnected the set

when the phone restarted - there was no Signal

i tried to connect to PC over diag mode but its not showing as a com port in device manager so cant connect to CDMA wk

then i saw in status as well as *#*#info#*#* both showed no net work and even no baseband and no MEID and no PRL

IMG_00095.jpgIMG_00096.jpg

IMG_00097.jpg

WIfi and Bluetooth working

Have i Bricked the set ??

Things that i have tried:

1) Restart set and PC many times

2) Change Cable and USB port many times

3) pulled battery many times

4) Manually put Update and put phone in down-loader mode (vol up + power) and install from SD card, i got following error in this

assert failed apply_patch_space (status 7) ----- wiped cache and did upgain but it came up again - pic below

IMG_00098.jpg

5) Downloaded ODIN and IMM76D (4.0.4) and connect in dw mode but when i start odin the phone is not showing in COM port

PLEase help me in restoring this device and you will be blessed and you will soon find _________ (what ever you dream - usually )

397_FruitGirl.jpeg

Message is: Eating Fruits is good for Health

Edited by Genius

Try to flash this file using recovery.

Its ROM, bootloader, radio.

https://www.dropbox...._rasengan82.zip

This is CWM recovery flashable zip. Most probably it will fail. But still you can try.

Do you get the triangle when put phone in download mode?

You can try this also, 1-Click return to stock

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15628028&postcount=1

Edited by phonegeek

Save all you data, back up all the things on the data side of the phone. Download the modem.bin file of the stock Rom.

Go to recover, do the 3 wipes data, cache and dalvik cache. Do not reboot. Remove battery and put back again. Put the phone on download mode, select stock Rom on Odin, use old Odin, not the latest. If auto reboot is checked remove it. Flash stock Rom. After that select modem.bin file on Odin under PDA. select auto reboot and phone EFS clear and flash the modem. Once rebooted put the phone into diagnostic mode flash prl and write nv using cdma as. Under nam check if the mdn and min are correct. Under file select exit,

It will ask for the phone mode reset. Select yes. Wait for the phone to reboot.

Voila that should do it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

^

If the phone is not detected on COM port as said in OP, how will Odin work.

is fastboot working? ...if it is ..then flash the ROM again via fastboot and install the radio again! ;) ...have fun

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/164992-ics-4-0-4-ns4g-ics-4-0-4-imm26d-fastboot-installation-method.html

Its ROM, bootloader, radio.

. Most probably it will fail. But still you can try.

It Failed - tried it

Do you get the triangle when put phone in download mode?

Yes i got the Red Tringle

You can try this also, 1-Click return to stock

http://forum.xda-dev...028&postcount=1

NExus is in ICS - is it all right to go back to 2.3 with this - ??????

select stock Rom on Odin,

Cant connect on Odin

^

YEs right

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Does the phone connect to USB on PC while on bootloader?

Edited by rajanmehta

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Does the phone connect to USB on PC while on bootloader?

yes it connects to PC as a AWD device

bootloader lock state is locked

Baseband shows in this mode

If all else fails, I repeat if all else fails, try for JTAG repair by contacting Josh Groce (mobiletechvideos@gmail.com) and asking for his help, check if he can unbrick this, he usually charges $40 - you can give my reference - buyer has to bear international shipping costs.

yes it connects to PC as a AWD device

bootloader lock state is locked

Baseband shows in this mode

First Unlock bootloader & install custom recovery with method given here >> http://nexusshacks.c...or-gingerbread/

Then flash update file you were trying from custom recovery. Now hopefully should not get assert failed apply_patch_space (status 7) error.

Then check whether it will connect to CDMA workshop with this dialer code for debug/diag mode.

*#*#8778#*#* Phone Utility(UART/USB Modem & PDA Selection)

I was to suggest what Rajan suggested. It should work. If not, reflash radio on CW recovery and check.

ODIN is best to debrick.

While flashing with ODIN, check CLEAR EFS and REPARTITION so that if there is any NV corruption, it will be taken care of.

To put in download mode VOL UP+DOWN and POWER button

^

Dude Odin works for download mode.

He also said the pc detects the phone.

You need to reset the modem, which does not happen even if you flash stock Rom. The same exact problem I had on my epic. You the triangle because your radio is screwed. That's the reason the com port does not detect.

I am trying that but - just wanted to know when tringle shows up what to press - Vol up and power to select zip from SD card or its just vol button

Modem.bin file of the Rom you are running. If you can get that your problem is solved. Flash the modem.bin file using Odin, make sure you check clear phone EFS clear in Odin.

I am trying that but - just wanted to know when tringle shows up what to press - Vol up and power to select zip from SD card or its just vol button

volume up

Modem.bin file of the Rom you are running. If you can get that your problem is solved. Flash the modem.bin file using Odin, make sure you check clear phone EFS clear in Odin.

I tried odin 1.82 and .83 and .85 but non showed any thing in com port of odin

i put the phone in DW mode and then connect to PC and then started odin

Edited by Genius

Tried what Rajan ji said - it stopped at status 7 same as above this time it was bootloader unlocked

If nothing works send me the screen... :doh: . I have one nexus-s 4g with cracked screen, rest everything working fine; 2 phone mein se ek to chalu ho jaayega...

I had similar issue with a nexus, where was not able to connect to Odin.....problem was with the USB connector on phone....once I got connector replaced, could Odin back to stock

I went through a few website and found this, if you are familiar with linux, this is worth the try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20382688&postcount=16

author also mentioned "I forgot to mention that you must hold the fastboot key combo"

please do your research on that post before attempting anything mentioned here.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

See you have few options

1 use Odin

2 use heimdall

3 Samsung update software like (RUU OF HTC), I don't use so forgot name

4 cw flash

It you have proper pit file use it, else first download using heimdall from device and then use it for Odin or heimdall flashing.

Atleast one must work. There is no reason to believe that you're phone is dead or bricked

Android are difficult to brick. IMHO

Edited by kshah

i know this is not helping Vinay ji, but god forbid if it is indeed bricked, still JTAG can repair it unless some IC is damaged. So that option of sending to US and getting it repaired from Josh is always open for you. That is the last option though. All the best and hopefully it gets repaired.

if fastboot working...try loading the ROM again and radio again! ;) ..i have given the link in my previus post ...but u didn't give any feedback for that post!...so re-posting this again! :hi2:

• Like 1

if fastboot working...try loading the ROM again and radio again! ;) ..i have given the link in my previus post ...but u didn't give any feedback for that post!...so re-posting this again! :hi2:

I have noted this i need to rigister in that forum to download so i shall be doing it soon - shall revert - thanks

Hey... Good news.

I also had the problem of no radio in my nexus s4g.. Reading through this, i flashed stock ics rom using ODIN along with EFS clear option checked and VOILA... the radio is all OK after flashing.

Cool.

I love this forum.