Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbdhoot

Help Regarding Outlook Settings For Sancharnet

I am using my sancharnet.in id since a long time using outlook express. But when i shifted to Reliance as ISP, I am unable to send mails from my sancharnet account through Outlook express. :P:clap::)

Any one please guide me to do so. Thanks in advance.

no you cant send the mails while connecting with ISP other than BSNL. the same happens with vsnl too... i confirmed at bsnl CC u can send the mails only if you have connected with the same ISP(bsnl) otherwise try webmail from bsnl (their site)

Try running some SMTP servers on your local machine like LOCAL SMTP SERVER and send mail using it!!!

Use a SMTP client. If you're on Win2k or above then the simplest and best solution is installing the SMTP engine that comes with IIS.

Once you've installed it, there is no configuring you need to do. Just set your outgoing mail server address in your email acount to "localhost" without the quotes.

I am using windows XP Professional, Please help me get a way out.

There are already solutions posted in reply to your topic. Have you tried them ?

Ya, But how come i know about mails delivered or not. I send an email to myself but i did'nt yet got it after 6 hours.

There is no connection between the ISP's internet service (even if it is Reliance or any other) and the SMTP server that you are using, and you say that the mail is going through without any problem. It could be something to do with Sancharnet's email server.

I am not able to see the status of Sent/Sending Mails from XP's SMTP Server. Please help me find a way out.

er, XP's SMTP Server ? Which one is that ?

Hi Guys

I am using LG 2030 model of Reliance. and having email account from sancharnet.

while connection to internet there is no problem, receiving mail having no problem. But while sending mail MS Outlook gives SMTP error that "smra.sancharnet.in not allowed". We try different email cliend like Outlook express, Eudora but the error is same.

Do some one have any solution for this?

Please

Aniket

;)

download free smtp server from

Install it and use localhost as your smtp server

do not forget to keep it running while you are connected to internet

you can get it from here

http://www.softstack.com/freesmtp.html

Most of the ISPs now a days do not allow relaying of emails through their smtp servers.

So since you are connected to Reliance Rconnect, sancharnet will not allow you to use their smtp server.

I am afraid that the only way for you is to use some thing like free smtp server or smtp server that comes along with IIS

XP's SMTP server does the job but at its own time. Is there anything to automate the XP's Smtp server ??

Its not XP's SMTP server -- I think you're referring to IIS Server 5.x. The default settings work fine for most.