Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update your Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch D-710 To The Latest Official, Leaked and Custom ROM

Is above post for me? I think you suggest GA10 or GB27, which is uploaded by you, I am new for it.

Please guide.

Is above post for me? I think you suggest GA10 or GB27, which is uploaded by you, I am new for it.

Please guide.

yes thats for you

try jellyverse its good

persionally i feel if you have a stock GB27 rooted rom then just debloat it thoroughly and remove all crap

it will be a battery saver rom in itself

• Like 1

Phone can not connect to ODIN. MTP device not found error.

are you in download mode ?

if yes and the phone still doesnt show in the odin window then reinstall drivers and try again

• Like 1

^^^

Friends, please, help. I got this ET4G a month before. It was on 2.3.6 when purchased. Everything was working file including Wifi Hotspot (it is given as Sprint hotspot).

In a months time, it got updated to latest 4.0.4 & since update to this 4+ version Wifi Hotspot has stopped working. I require urgent solution for this, as leaving for travel from weekend, & surfing on laptop is not functioning..

Device is not rooted. Attached is the latest SW information..

post-5509-0-04997200-1368787668_thumb.pn

Got your pm just now as well.

See on this version you will have to root and flash wifi hack to get it working.

Best would be to try and flash custom rom with generally have the hotshot hack.

Or find the odin file of the version that you were on and flash that

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

• Like 1

Install power toggles app from play store and see if it works. It worked for me in my s3.

Refer my problem above in post # 431, still no solution is in sight. In fact other problems also have cropped up, like phone restarting without any intervention. Some application which used to run smoothly earlier, now getting force closed. Batter draining ultra fast & many other issues.

So, as per the post below I guess, I will have to revert back on 2.3

I have found a nice simplified process here

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710: Flashing stock Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread EL29 firmware

I have following questions for expert members. Request you to reply/share knowledge in order to take informed action.

1) Does this reverting back (flashing original stock rom on GB) will affect my other phone (basic) functions like voice/sms/evdo ? It shouldn't happen that once I flash it everything is gone (like happens in factory reset option in HTC Rhyme), phone looses its ability to connect with network.

2) In case of a problem (loss of network connection) with step no 1 above, is there any easy method to get network / evdo back on the phone with some simple setting on phone or some software ( I mean without sending the handset back to seller).

3) File name mentioned in above link is "SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe", does it mean that the stock rom with room access will be installed ? Since, there is some file on internet available for non-root access.

NOTE : Complete RISK of doing this is on ME only, so DON'T worry for the reply part, as all responsibility lies with me. Taking risk without knowing anything is far more dangerous than knowing beforehand..

Hope, to get help as usual from this forum..

1) Does this reverting back (flashing original stock rom on GB) will affect my other phone (basic) functions like voice/sms/evdo ? It shouldn't happen that once I flash it everything is gone (like happens in factory reset option in HTC Rhyme), phone looses its ability to connect with network.

Depends, some times radio provisioning is resetted some times not, but it should not bother you right now.

2) In case of a problem (loss of network connection) with step no 1 above, is there any easy method to get network / evdo back on the phone with some simple setting on phone or some software ( I mean without sending the handset back to seller).

HETAL has posted links for FLASHPHONE software somewhere on forum. It is capable to flashing all network parameters automatically. Incl profile unlock, PRL, AKEY, EVDO and PPP parameters. You need your own MIN number though

3) File name mentioned in above link is "SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe", does it mean that the stock rom with room access will be installed ? Since, there is some file on internet available for non-root access.

Root or no root what difference does it make? ROOT will help you restoring back up easily.

If you have root then you can install WIFI tether and use it.

• Like 3

^^^

A nice, to the point reply..

Increasing confidence of newbies is one more objective this forum's many member have achieved, apart from sharing knowledge..

Thank you very much.

after upgrading to GB27 (unrooted), official downloaded from Samsung website, phone is restarting after every few minuted. Formatted SD card, removed dalvik cache and other cache and also factory reset from CWM but no luck. Please help.

Edited by csmart

Download the one click rooted full restore odin version and flash that.

You should be good.

If that doesn't help you may have to install a custom rom to the structure right.

Its most probably a kernel issue so reflashed will help you, please make sure that the md5 is correct.

One can also flash just stock kernel as well to get it right, but I wouldn't recommend that, it's better to just flash the safer stock rom which generally fixes the partition as well as boot loader and modem in one go.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?/topic/34621-Update-your-Sprint-Samsung-Epic-4G-Touch-D-710-To-The-Latest-Official,-Leaked-and-Custom-ROM#entry289173

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

Root or no root what difference does it make? ROOT will help you restoring back up easily.

If you have root then you can install WIFI tether and use it.

Flashed stock GB (2.3.6) without any problem with #434 & some 'moral' boosters from rimweb members.

Followed process given in link givein in post #434 & things have happened exactly the way it should. Phone has reverted back to it's original stock rom condition.

1) Entire process took less than 20 minutes & without any error message.

2) Data backup was taken, but no data was wiped off. Only contacts/sms/call history was wiped. It was resotred using "Super Back up" on google play.

3) I had removed external SD card in order to avoid formatting, but, this process has not done any formatting of memory it seems.

4) Voice / sms / data / evdo everything works file. Wifi Hotspot is working.

NOW, I would like to know how to stop this phone from downloading latest OS upgrade OTA (whenever connected to 3g or wifi) & then keep on insisting me for install ?

Got your pm just now as well.

See on this version you will have to root and flash wifi hack to get it working.

Best would be to try and flash custom rom with generally have the hotshot hack.

Hi Joshm, can you please, help me with this ? I don't want to upgarde OS to ICS, what is the way out. Since, whenever, phone connects to network, it will auto start downloading latest OS updated in back ground & start troubling me to install.

• Like 1

There is a apk that updates, I don't remember the name, all you need is stop or freeze or uninstall that using titanium backup, but of course you need to be rooted for that no matter what.

Edited by joshm

@joshm

I am on JB27. I have network signal problem, also battery dry very fast due to lower network.

Please give advice how can improve it.

Regds.

@joshm

I am on JB27. I have network signal problem, also battery dry very fast due to lower network.

Please give advice how can improve it.

Regds.

Flash an earlier modem

And flash it via ODIN.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G Touch (Sprint and USC).

Can you please guide me what would be the most stable ROM for both or should I stick with Stock.

Can you please guide me what would be the most stable ROM for both or should I stick with Stock.

Go with stock rom

GB27 is moat stable rom

While flashing it will root ur phone also

I will give u the link later

tapped from DNA

This is how you can flash latest rooted stock rom for the sprint S2

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?/topic/34621-Update-your-Sprint-Samsung-Epic-4G-Touch-D-710-To-The-Latest-Official,-Leaked-and-Custom-ROM#entry289173

Fir the us cellular version I will add details here later in the night probably.

Regards

Hi Everyone,

Need help have been using the phone with hotspot maximum time. Now for the past 3 days the phone is troubling a lot I mean it switches off in 10mins time after removing from charger. It seems battery is gone as after physical verification I could find that's it bit swollen in between. Or is it some other problem ? Help me guys I was totally dependent on this fone for internet. If at all battery is gone plz guide me where to get the same or any deal...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The issue of your phone is swollen Battery only. Change it immediately. It happened with me also few month before. The change of Battery will solve your issue. May Joshm has a Battery. Ask him for it.

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

Hi Everyone,

Need help have been using the phone with hotspot maximum time. Now for the past 3 days the phone is troubling a lot I mean it switches off in 10mins time after removing from charger. It seems battery is gone as after physical verification I could find that's it bit swollen in between. Or is it some other problem ? Help me guys I was totally dependent on this fone for internet. If at all battery is gone plz guide me where to get the same or any deal...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Seems to be the issue with the battery.

Get a new one.

I am sure someone will have

• Like 1

How to Stop OTA update for E4GT.

When, I got this E4GT, it was on 2.3.6, later on it got OTA updates & went to ICS, with that I had horrible experience of battery drain. Then, again I changed to stock ROM to 2.3.6, again it updated to OTA (yes, it asks your permission to update & we have an option to press "Later", but there is a high chance of accidentally pressing Yes & it updates). Again same battery drain problem started. then, I upgraded to Jelly Bean through PC, but problem of battery was identical as in ICS.

Hence, I changed it back to GB 2.3.6 & this time disabled OTA updates by following.

process is very simple & mentioned @ length here http://goo.gl/WajFrU

However, in simple words, it is copying a file FOTAKill.apk into /system/app folder.

Phone has to be rooted for this.

File is available here, whereas system/app folder can be accessed by ES explorer.

in ES explorer, you have to ensure "Mount R/W" in root explorer.

Other owner of this handset may have different experience with these OS, so can't say if this is a general problem.

FOTAKill.apk

• Like 1

My computer runs on Windows XP. Few days back, my software guy re-formatted Win XP on my comp. Whenever I connect my Samsung Epic Touch 4G via USB to the computer now, it opens up the MTP Media Player window. Also, the phone does not show as a drive in My Computer.

Before the XP formatting, I used to get the SPH-D710 drive with options to open the SD as well as External SD cards as soon as I connected the phone to the comp via USB.

I think I have checked all the settings, but I'm not able to get around it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Please help.

post-67133-0-63307400-1389854229_thumb.j