Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ayush

Scenario Discussion - Samsung Epic 4G Touch - NV Items, ESN, etc.

Dear All,

Please find my query and scenario below:

Scenario:

Phone A - Samsung S2 Epic 4G Touch

Phone B - Samsung Corby

Phone C - Nokia 2112

Phone A (Epic Touch) was registered with Reliance, call, text, data working. The number was then transferred to Phone B (Samsung Corby) and was functioning properly with call, text and data working.

Nokia 2112 has a Reliance R-UIM and its number has to be ported to Phone A (Epic Touch).

Data is still functioning on Phone A (Epic Touch)

Action Taken:

Retrieved NV Items for Epic Touch to understand how data is working.

Used QPST to figure out HDR Username and Password.

Issue:

Unable to make sense of any data available from above actions.

Requirement:

> To figure out how Data is working on Phone A (Epic Touch).

> To put R-UIM number into Epic Touch by programming (as an experiment)

Action Taken for R-UIM to non R-UIM change:

Can retrieve ESN from Nokia 2112 for the R-UIM in it.

Can change ESN for Epic Touch, however it starts with 80 this MEID has to be disabled.

Some suggestion whether above conversion would work or not would be helpful. Also would data get effected with ESN, MEID converstion?

Appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Changing ESN is illegal and not advised AFAIK, suggest you contact one of the forum sellers to solve your requirement instead.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

If Phone A MEID is registered with Reliance as mentioned, why it should be necessary to transfer Phone C R-UIM number to it through programming/ESN method?

Should be done either through HCC Card or MDN retain at webworld.

Why data is still working in A? Refer this topic for pointers >> EVDO Reactivation / Shifting To New Device

@rajanmehta

Two reasons why I'm trying to port R-UIM number to non-RUIM based handset:

1. I would like to know, understand and experiment whether disabling MDIN and changing ESN can achieve this task?

2. Its strange but from Epic Touch, call is not getting completed to *229 (for HCC) and *228 is getting disconnected after language selection IVR.

Undoubtedly, my last resort is webworld wherein I can get the resolution. However, I'm pushing to achieve the mentioned concept.

For EVDO Data still active, I did went through the link earlier. A fellow member mentioned using data on a previously activated phone for 5-6months, however my objective is to understand how its working and what what HDR settings.

• *229+HCC Card 9 Digit Number needs to be dialled FIRST from the phone from which the number is to be transferred which in this case is Nokia 2112 with R-UIM.
  • Then *228 is to be dialled from Epic Touch on which the above number needs to be transferred.

Edited by rajanmehta

search the forum and you'll get the answer**

**try to read between the lines.. :P

A member mentions:

"When you register your MEID and opt for EVDO, you are provided with user and password

Something like XYZ@hrpd.rcom.co.in

And for 1X your phone number is your user name and password"

• Like 1

the link was not for generating userid and/or password but for creating NV items dump and thats no more available for general public, because some greedy morons were using it to milk innocent customers/members. Moreover, you'll be required to have your MEID alongwith HDR username and password.

better option is to contact any reputed seller to get your MEID registered, if already registered, please get in touch with your seller for EVDO activation.

Contact any of the reputed sellers in here please, they will guide you even if you did not buy from them, it is better to pay a small charge and get it done right rather than mess about and screw things up.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

How's it coming along? Hope you are all set by now.

I used one of the sellers here to get my imported phone's MEID registered and EVDO activated.

Not much of a luck, have finally realized all the time and effort is not worth it if no knowledgeable member is eager to share his knowledge. I don't wanna brick device or data and then hop around trying to figure out how to JTAG. Its better to keep this as a hobby than to deep dive.

But have got the backup of NVItems and every other thing that I can using CDMA Tools and others. Maybe will play around with ##DATA# to figure out whats going on.

Thanks for bumping though.