Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Mods , I don't know whether this is allowed at Rimweb or not ..but just a informative thread to discuss abt hackintosh'es

First of all i have a hackintosh at home ..and i have been running since Mac Os Tiger was released .So i am quite experienced.

Most of the people are aware of this. because most of us on rimweb are Tech-savvy and ready to do experiments!

Q : So basically what is a hackintosh ?

A : Its is a Normal Computer Running Mac OS X

Q: But its only for Apple Computers , Right?

A : yeah , developers (aka Hackers ) mod the bootloader and make it run on a normal pc.

In India ..People always flaunt there Apple Hardware , iPhones, iPod ...and people crave for the Macintosh operating system .. and believe me mac os is more fluid , more constructive and runs well on older hardware too! ( without lagging)

if u are ready to experiment and a person who wants new challenges

then i think it is the best project for summer or pass time

TECH STUFF :

1) You can only run mac os x if u have a CPU which has SSE2 instructions : Link to what is SSE instructions

2) If u have a compatible graphics card ..Even if u dont have one ..its ok but u won't have Full QE/CI

QE/CI = Quartz exterme / Core Image ..For more info please go to google

3) Patience !

Then u just have to follow intstructions..

I am tired writing big post there ..because this topic infinite time ..to write :P

EDIT :

IF u want me to help you Please provide me a detailed specs list via this software

LINK

Edited by ammar52
  • Like 2

you forgot to mention about limited compatibility and support to AMD processors

^^

It is possible to run it on some AMD processor.

I am using on VMware network service, audio, and input devices(cd, trackpad/mouse) all works. Many people face problem with youtube. I dont use it as my primary OS. only for XCode :)

Edited by @Akash

Can you suggest a laptop model which can run mountain lion and win7 dual boot. I am looking forward to buy one. Need to get all features working like camera,card reader,usb3.0,wifi,sound,graphics etc on mountain lion. Now I am using an assembled pc to run win7 and ML. But need to install ML on a laptop to get mobility.

:previous: U can get a HP probook 4530s or 4430s or 4730s.. as screen size of ur liking ...it has the best comunnity and Tonymac has a guide for itself ..

All probooks have almost all features working....PM me i will guide through each step and would give u a build specific mode from HP ..

Probooks are the Best for hackintoshing on laptop! ;) ..

anyways u can email me..its in signature

AMD Processors have a limited compatibilty but legacy kernel is available for AMD systems ...only for Lion ...i don;t know abt Mountain Lion...But ppl with AMD systems can have Lion atleast!

Any one who wants my help for assembled PC and want to install Lion or Mountain Lion ...could help them ..just shoot ur queries thru email or PM's ;)

Email : :Descarga:

• Like 1

^^

It is possible to run it on some AMD processor.

well, it didnt run on my processor, AMD athlon X250

@ammar52 why dont u shoot up an step by step guide for amd users ?

I have Mountain Lion running perfectly fine on my Lenovo x220 laptop (tabletpc) - have used these twomain links for getting it on x220.

But am unable to understand how to get it running on my AMD desktop (not necessarily ML, even lion or earlier is ok, just need to play around with garage band sometimes). Can someone who has got it running on AMD tell me the short & sweet procedure ?

Here's ML on X220: Have also got androidx86 on it. Apart from the usual 1-2 linuces & 2-3 win8/win7.

post-3171-0-92678800-1348205387_thumb.jp

• Like 1

:previous: For five different OS ...five different paritions!? ..

well, it didnt run on my processor, AMD athlon X250

Which motherboard? Determine the compatibility. Method can also be found from there...

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

In the "chip" magazine September 2011 issue, there was step by step description of the Hackintosh process. The magazine described to download Mac OSX Lion v10.7 DMG file from Mac App store and Kakewalk (bootable pendrive making software for Lion OS) from www.kakewalk.se I downloaded these files but failed to make a bootable pendrive as the kakewalk utility will not work in windows computer and will work only in Macintosh computer. None of my friends have a Macintosh computer. Hence I abandoned my mission. Later I downloaded a Hackintosh pdf guide from a file sharing site but not tried it. (URL of that Hackintosh pdf guide site is here)

@ Friend ammar52, can you please send me a bootable pen drive or micro sd of latest Lion OS?, I will pay you the price of pen drive, your expenses, packing & courier charges.

I have a Toshiba l510 on which I would like to try Hackintosh. can you please help me if my Laptop is compatible? If yes from where I should download the OS from ? the specs are given below:-

• Intel® Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor T6500(2.1 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
  • 320 GB SATA HDD 5400 rpm
  • 3 GB DDRII Memory
  • 35.56 cms (14 Wide) LED Backlit HD Display
  • 1366 x 768 Resolution
  • Camera with Face Recognition
  • Intel® GM45 Chipset
  • Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR
  • Intel® 802.11 a/g/n LAN
  • DVD Super Multi with DVD RAM Support + – R DL(SATA)
  • HDMI Port
  • Card Reader
  • 2 USB Ports / 1 eSATA & USB Combo Port

@mickeyforu

use iAtkos L2 ( Lion 10.7.2) ..first try this one...because installing Mac os is experimenting ...most of the time iAtkos will boot ! and you will be able to install it...

Step by Step Guide for u

Download the iAtkos L2 from here (torrent)

1) Burn .dmg file to a DVD(4.7GB) using Transmac ( if u have windows computer )

Link to transmac download

2) Then Set your bios settings to

Boot from CD

and Sleep Timer--> S3(STR) ..if u don't have the option don't worry

SATA mode to AHCI

3) Put in the DVD and let it boot

4) if u get through it ..a apple logo with pinwheel would be there..let it boot ...then you will be getting a welcome screen ..select the language.

5) then go to Utilities--> Disk utility

6) Format your hard drive by going into partition tab ...then select 1 Partition ..

photo included ...for this options

Sq6fK.jpg

you will lose ur data...if u have this system as a backup or spare ...then only try this...

7) THIS IS IMPORTANT ...if u plan to dual boot windows and mac os x ..then use Master Boot Record Option .and if u want only Mac OS ..then use GUID partition table ( photo included with these options ) this is a dropdown list when u click "Options" Button in the Previous photo

hWwrp.jpg

8) Click Apply and let it do the magic

9) Close the DIsk utility window ..and magically the installer window will pop again .

10) now click next and agree the EULA etc...and you will be presented with some options called "Where do you want to install Mac OS "

11) Select The hard drive u just formatted .

12 ) Don't click Install!!!!!!!!

13) Click CUSTOMIZE

14) Go to bootloader and select Chameleon

07rIe.jpg

15) Leave everything as it is..

I want you Detailed specs...so that u can get fully working system...( Give me link for specs)

and then it will take 20-30 mins..after installation ..click reboot ...but now go to BIOS by pressing F12 or F# ( where # is key to go into bios )

then select Boot from hardrive ...deselect the CD option..

THERE YOU HAVE IT.....MAC OS LION on you Lappy!

Edited by ammar52

@kapildev

Sir,

Give me your detailed specs list...maybe i could give you more guidance. ...;)

After you send me spec list and everything...i will send you bootable thumbdrive! :);)

Glad to help you out Sir!

AMD systems work with Legacy kernel...i also have to google around for Lion or Mountain Lion ...but AMD works on Leopard and Snow Leopard ( i think)

100% Sure that AMD works with some "mathapachI!"

even i use Legacy kernel for my old P4 Desktop ...and i still run Snow leopard on it...cant upgrade to lion (no SSE3 or 64 bit support)

but see stills it works!

@ Ami1 ...could you provide specs?!

updated the 1st post ... @kapildev @mickeyforu @ shadow ..please provide me the specs via the software above ..screenshot it! ;)

Thank you ammar52 for the considerations and reply

Specs of my PC

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz

M.B. - Intel Corporation DG31PR (J3E1)

RAM - 2 GB DDR2

GPU - Xfx radeon hd 5450

DISPLAY - 1360 * 768 Lg monitor, connected through VGA cable

OS - W7 ultimate 32 bit

HDD - Samsung 320 GB (os loaded) + Seagate barracuda 500 GB

OPTICAL DRIVE - Hp dvd 1260r + samsung super writemaster

AUDIO CARD - nil (on board only)

Installing or updating to the latest version of OS X on a PC is simpler than ever. This guide requires no programming or coding experience and all of the tools are available right here on tonymacx86.com.

UniBeast Overview

1. Purchase the OS X Mountain Lion Application from the Mac App Store

2. Prepare a UniBeast USB flash drive

3. Install OS X Mountain Lion

4. Install the bootloader and drivers using MultiBeast

In order to start fresh, you'll need access to a functional computer running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later. This is a requirement, as you need OS X to create the installation drive. To start from scratch, booting the 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail DVD directly, check outiBoot + MultiBeast.

You Will Need

8GB or Larger USB Flash Drive

Install OS X Mountain Lion

Mac App Store

STEP 1: Purchase OS X Mountain Lion

The operating system is not free. Purchase and download the Application from the Mac App Store using an Apple ID on any Mac or functional computer running OS X 10.6.6 or later.

STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive Using UniBeast

Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Follow each step to the letter.

1. Insert the USB drive

2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

3. Highlight the USB drive in left column

4. Click on the Partition tab

5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition

6. Click Options...

7. Choose Master Boot Record

8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)

9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

10. Click Apply then Partition

11. Download and run UniBeast 1.5

12. Click Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree

13. At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue

14. If using a Socket 1156 system without Rate Matching Hub (RMH) USB choose Legacy USB Support

15. If using a laptop, choose Laptop Support

16. Click Continue

17. Enter password and click Install

The process will only take about 10-15 minutes, depending on system and drive speed, but will show hours. This is normal. Do not unplug or stop during this time.

STEP 3: Install OS X Mountain Lion

You're almost done! All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! Set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode.

1. Turn on the computer

2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device

• If you have a Gigabyte motherboard press F12
  • If you have a ASUS motherboard, press F8

3. Choose USB-HDD

4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB and hit Enter

Optional Boot Arguments & Troubleshooting Tips

For some hardware, it may be more difficult to get to the installation screen. You may have to type extra boot arguments in the system at the boot screen you see above. You can hit arrow-down as well on the boot screen to access boot options. Here are a list of things you can try in order to troubleshoot booting to the installer. You will have to troubleshoot this part yourself according to your own hardware specs. We've provided a few tips below.

Black Screen, White Screen, Flickering Screen

It's your graphics or possibly your choice of graphics port. The DVI or the HDMI port are usually the most compatible for installation. Reboot and try another port or one of the following flags.

PCIRootUID=0

UniBeast has PCIRootUID=1 set by default for the most universal support for recommended builds. Set it manually to 0 by typing this command at the boot screen above. For example, use this setting on UEFI motherboards with NVIDIA cards.

GraphicsEnabler=No

You can install without graphics card injection. This can solve many issues, allowing you to access the installer screen. For example, use this setting on NVIDIA 6xx Cards.

-v

Verbose Mode- allowing you to see the loading of the OS instead of the Apple Boot Screen.

-x

Safe Mode- loads only basic drivers. Sometimes a cure-all to reach the installer.

Special Instructions for AMD 6xxx Graphics Cards:

There is an issue with AMD 6xxx cards in Mountain Lion. We recommend using an alternate graphics card or onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics for the entire process. After you're fully installed, you can switch back to your 6xxx card.

5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose language.

6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.

NOTE: If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard or Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, you can skip steps a-j.

a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility

b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Mountain Lion installation in left column.

c. Click Partition tab

d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition

e. Click Options...

f. Choose GUID Partition Method

g. Under Name: type Mountain Lion (You can rename it later)

h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

i. Click Apply then Partition

j. Close Disk Utility7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Mountain Lion, or your existing install.

8. Upon completion, restart the system.

STEP 4: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast

MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation tool designed to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics. In addition it includes System Utilities to repair permissions and a collection of drivers and config files. The installation is complete, but the drive isn't bootable yet. Boot from the USB again, this time choosing Mountain Lion.

1. Turn on the computer

2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device

• If you have a Gigabyte motherboard press F12
  • If you have a ASUS motherboard, press F8

3. Choose USB-HDD

4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Mountain Lion installation.

5. Complete Mac OS X Mountain Lion setup.

6. When you arrive at the desktop, open Safari

7. You should have working Ethernet from UniBeast, or if you have a native Wi-Fi card.

8. Browse to tonymacx86.com and log in. If you don't have a user account, create one!

9. Visit tonymacx86.com/downloads to download the latest MultiBeast

10. Visit the DSDT Database to download your motherboard's DSDT

NOTE: Gigabyte UEFI motherboards don't require a DSDT.

11. Open the Downloads folder and move the .aml file to the Desktop

12. Open and run Multibeast's UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation and any further drivers to enable audio, network, graphics, etc...

UserDSDT Installation for Sandy Bridge CustoMac build using Realtek ALC 889 and Realtek Ethernet

DSDT-Free Installation for Ivy Bridge CustoMac using Realtek ALC 898 and Intel Ethernet

Yay! You now have a fully updated bootable version of OS X Mountain Lion on your CustoMac! And a handy USB rescue drive to boot from in case things go pear-shaped. It's easy to get frustrated, but don't give up! If you get stuck, there are many users with similar hardware in the tonymacx86 Forum

to provide support. Special thanks to everyone in the community, and our Mods for testing!

Source :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Unlike project osx86, insanelymac, hackintosh which rely on pre patched versions by kalyway, iatkos, etc.

tonymac is the most legitimate way. of course you have to purchase original os but it works the best and with updates.

above i have provided a generic and most simplified guide for anyone to try. it beats most odds faced by people with less understanding

of kexts and kernels.

have fun and people who succeed do mention here.

@ :::VA:::

Sir, Poeple who don;t own a hackintosh or mac computer ..they can't create a bootable USB key...They have only 2 ways

Natively installing CUSTOM DISTRO!

or Installing Custom distro on Vmware ...then only they can create a USB key and use tonymac's guide...

I have always been a fan of tonymac's guides..Unibeast and Multibeast works the best! :)

@KapilDev

Sir,

U have almost good configuration ! :) :) ...Core2Duo is quite supported ...maybe i will give u a bootable pendrive with all instructions in a few days...i have exams here on my *** ..so i am quite inactive...but will be providing support...a pendrive vanilla install then install some kexts ! and some edits...and u will be having a full system running on mac os lion or mountain lion....

I have to find some kexts for ur XFX Radeon 5450 for ML ...thats quite important...and i may suggest u disconnect ur primary 320gb HARD disk...and then first try a plain install. .after the system is up and running i may suggest u dual booting win7 and mac

• Like 1

Deleted, too much system info displayed

Edited by shadow