Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dr.faramroze

Tutorial: [Android]: Setting up 1x/EvDo on RUIM handsets by Root Explorer

For me my mts mtag is ruim-locked,, first i need to unlock ,, how can i do that.?

plz dont tell me to buy dc credits, itll cost Rs. 700, i am a student, i cant afford...

so tell me the free way...(may be flashing with original ROM , i dont know clearly...)

i want to use other ruim card...

^ get it done from a local market or a good mobile repairers.. might cost you 100-200 Rs.

Hello All

I have recently purchased an unlocked MTS ZTE N790 and intend to use it on Reliance CDMA network. I have a prepaid connection (Delhi) and also have a OMH RUIM. So far, It is working well for voice calls and sms but I have not been able to get internet working on the handset at all (not even in 1x mode, leave aside EVDO). I recharged with Rs.94 STV and also configured an APN for reliance (#777, username: my number, pw: my number) but the browser is unable to open any webpage. I also tried substituting 'net' in place of my number in apn settings but it hasn't helped.

I called customer care and they told me that everything is fine at their end!

Am really at loss on how to move ahead on this issue. Any help shall be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for moving my post to appropriate thread. The problem is - at the moment, it seems that the ZTE N790 is unrootable (I tried rooting it using SRS One Click Root but all the exploits failed). Any other ideas?

Infact, I can easily create and save additional APNs other than two MTS ones (internet & MMS) which are already present on the phone and can't be edited or deleted. IMHO at the moment i'm not even sure if internet is activated on my number...

EDIT:

This is the SIM I have:

post-4034-0-43529400-1375964307_thumb.jp

Edited by puneet_si