Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
catch148

Tab got locked by entering wrong pattern

Frns

need your expert advice. I have got a Tab ( Cute pad f7002) as gift from one of client and it got locked when my 2 yr old son entered the pattern wrongly 15 times. As data is off, tab is not accepting google user/ password.

Request you to please help in unlocking the tab.

( i have already tried hard reset : Power and volume down button....but tab is not going into recovery mode)

Tab is running on ICS

Edited by catch148

In ics u should be able to access the drop down menu even in lock screen. Check once if u have settings option in drop down status bar. U can try again after some time, may b after few hours, the system lock might be removed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thanks Dipesh....but once tab get locked due to wrong pattern, only option it shows is Google user/ pass. And as tab is in airplane mode,it is not connected to net. hence, tab will always say wrong user or pass.

The username password will be cached to the device. it will unlock no matter if you connected to internet or not. make sure you entered the correct email id and password associated with the device. it might be useful to try with any old password if you changed it recently.

• Like 1

try to connect it via a usb cable

if u can connect it in fastboot mode it can be hardreset by fastboot -w command

^according to him tab is in airplane mode :)

Is it not possible to go into recovery mode and wipe data?

You can try flashing If you have the .img firmware file with the following steps. It works on Eken devices, may work on yours too.

1. Copy .img file to an empty SD / Micro SD card.

2. Insert the SD card into device while it is switched off

3. Turn on the device - The installation process will start automatically.

4. Remove SD card once installation is completed.

5. Device will restart automatically.

u only have 2 options...

1) Hassle-Free method ( but will lose apps and data on Tab..but apps can be re-installed by going into MY APPS in appstore)

2) The method if u have adb

Method-1 :

Press Volume UP or Down + power ..and u will go into stock recovery in which u can wipe data...and u will format the apps and data

reboot the tab by going into Reboot option in recovery

method -2 (data and apps will not be erased)

install adb in the drive where windows is installed

1) connect ur tab with USB

2) start command prompt

3) type in these

adb shell

cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases

sqlite3 settings.db

update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';

update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';

.quit

these are commands ..type exactly what is written...then type "exit" and disconnect ur device ..and reboot it!

and you may now unlock your device providing whatever pattern you like....

voila! :)

both method work...Verified.. u have to install android sdk ..if u want to use ADB...so thats a pre-requisite.

Combinations of keys u can try...source - beloved xda ..

ur tab is a variant of allwinner a10

Boot into recovery keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL-

try this...

try this

> Step 1: If you have forgotten the unlock pattern or if it doesn’t matches with the one that you entered while the phone was in a ‘normal’ condition, try to recall it hard and enter all the possible solutions back to back.

> Step 2: By the time you read this line, you would have either successfully unlocked the phone or just ended up locking it completely. i.e. it will not allow further pattern attempts anymore; Android will ask to enter your Google Mail credentials instead.

> Step 3: This is where the catch is. It involves a little use of common sense. Regardless of the times you enter correct log in details, the phone will keep prompting ‘invalid user id or password’. Now pick another phone and ring on your own cell phone. Accept the call, open up the top slider and turn on the WiFi.

> Step 4: You are all set to reset the pattern now. Just enter the correct Gmail credentials and click “Log in”. Remember, You would have to use a newly generated password from “Authorizing applications and sites” (under security tab) if Google 2 Step Verification is enabled. Good luck. Hope it helps.

^^^ Lol ...will his tablet recieve calls? ..i haven;t seen any tab receiving calls! ....SIM Slot is only for data i think! :)

again ..this method above is awesome if u have a phone!!!

the tab is on Airplane mode.. how to get calls in airplane mode :depressed:

• Like 2

try this

> Step 1: If you have forgotten the unlock pattern or if it doesn't matches with the one that you entered while the phone was in a 'normal' condition, try to recall it hard and enter all the possible solutions back to back.

> Step 2: By the time you read this line, you would have either successfully unlocked the phone or just ended up locking it completely. i.e. it will not allow further pattern attempts anymore; Android will ask to enter your Google Mail credentials instead.

> Step 3: This is where the catch is. It involves a little use of common sense. Regardless of the times you enter correct log in details, the phone will keep prompting 'invalid user id or password'. Now pick another phone and ring on your own cell phone. Accept the call, open up the top slider and turn on the WiFi.

> Step 4: You are all set to reset the pattern now. Just enter the correct Gmail credentials and click "Log in". Remember, You would have to use a newly generated password from "Authorizing applications and sites" (under security tab) if Google 2 Step Verification is enabled. Good luck. Hope it helps.

Tab has a sim slot and can recieve calls...but it is in airplane mode

You can try flashing If you have the .img firmware file with the following steps. It works on Eken devices, may work on yours too.

1. Copy .img file to an empty SD / Micro SD card.

2. Insert the SD card into device while it is switched off

3. Turn on the device - The installation process will start automatically.

4. Remove SD card once installation is completed.

5. Device will restart automatically.

ur method seems like a cake walk....but i dont have any idea abt img file...can u pls guide me how can i get it?

Combinations of keys u can try...source - beloved xda ..

ur tab is a variant of allwinner a10

Boot into recovery keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL-

try this...

will give it a try

Thank you frns....finally got it unlocked

Procedure:

Press Power button for 1 sec. While keeping it pressed, press "Volume Plus" button for 3 sec....then release power button and then release Volume Plus button after further 1 sec and VOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....tab is open with recovery mode.

For me, it was again a challenge to format it as everything was in chinease in recovery mode....but i decided to do trial and error. Thanks thanks thanks again for all your valuable suggestions.