Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ammar.cma

Planning to move from GSM to CDMA - Please advise!

Hello all,

i have been thinking most of the days...what is actually CDMA and why people prefer GSM over CDMA ?

I have a GSM card..and want to port out to CDMA..because of cheap EVDO and great speeds in EVDO ..

Suggestions Needed for the following:

1) Should i change my operator to Reliance / TATA / MTS

2) I am a SMSholic and average Data user ..what are perfect plans for me ..( EVDO needed)

3) Should i really change to CDMA?

4) Would it be hassle free when changing handsets..

i am really confused...please help me out

Thanks for looking here! :):D

for plan suggestions you need to share your circle.. And you average usage, if u are looking for postpaid connection.

Gujarat Circle : I want prepaid..and thanks mods for good title

<RCDMA I would recommend. Not TATA. MTS depends on their connectivity in your area but most imported sets are for RCDMA.>

2) I am a SMSholic and average Data user ..what are perfect plans for me ..( EVDO needed)

<For prepaid get the Rs 94 recharge (Enjoy FREE 200 Local + STD SMS/day and 1 GB high speed 3G like data, FREE/month.). After using for few days if you feel SMS is less, you can always opt for SMS addon packs.>

<Consider how is RCDMA's network connectivity in Ahmedabad. If good, go for it.>

<Yes, provided you know what you are doing and doing through right people>

Bhai as I advised you earlier, pick up the phone and call up reputed sellers like Parin or Hetal ji and take the plunge.

CDMA voice clarity + low cost imported handsets + great EVDO plans on prepaid = win win situation.

And send me the 9650 as a thank you gift :P lol joking.

• Like 1

1. You will get continuous connectivity in hilly and highway regions and villages.

2. Dual signal 1x and EvDo from Vapi to Nakhatrana, himmatnagar, okha, Dahod.

3. Call and voice quality.

4. Range of handsets (ruim ones in open market and imported ones from RIMweb experts).

5. There is no reason to distinguish between GSM and CDMA anymore. Everything is absolutely transparent. CDMA service is fully end-user friendly.

Sent from my Sensation XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1. Tata CDMA is fantastic. It offers 1.5 GB EVDO data for 21 days @Rs 48 and 4.5 GB EVDO data for Rs 95 for 30 days. No operator in India can match this! (In Reliance though you get 1GB/month @Rs 94 but if your usage is higher, then you have no option).

2. SMS pack of Tata for Gujarat-- Rs29-1500 SMS, Rs 39-3000 SMS, Rs 59- 6000 Local and National SMS for 30 days.

3. Yes you should. Connectivity, data speeds, Voice clarity is far better than GSM and so are call rates.

4. It is absolutely no problem while changing handsets. You can get unlocked CDMA handsets from sites like flipkart.com. Just pop any CDMA RUIM and enjoy!

Else if you want more choices, you can go for imported ones via this website.

Very well explained by Dipan @ digitalnirvana,

Ammar now I think you can go ahead and break the ice....

Go ahead with the suggestions, I would also suggest the same....

Hoping to see you soon in R CDMA... :victory:

Opt for prepaid for amazing offers :crazy1:

1. You will get continuous connectivity in hilly and highway regions and villages.

4. Range of handsets (ruim ones in open market and imported ones from RIMweb experts).

5. There is no reason to distinguish between GSM and CDMA anymore. Everything is absolutely transparent. CDMA service is fully end-user friendly.

I agree with you sir,

1. Continuous connectivity with clarity of signal than GSM i belive, truly unmatched sound clarity

2. Signal wise ( Data wise) in Gujarat we have only 2G (not evdo i belive) for RCOM, so sometime data weakens and lost connectivity, thats what i experiencing in Rajkot City

3. Call and Voice Quality Fantastic

I agree with you sir,

1. Continuous connectivity with clarity of signal than GSM i belive, truly unmatched sound clarity

2. Signal wise ( Data wise) in Gujarat we have only 2G (not evdo i belive) for RCOM, so sometime data weakens and lost connectivity, thats what i experiencing in Rajkot City

3. Call and Voice Quality Fantastic

In ahmedabad evdo with reliance works very well...

Thanks all for your suggestions..have to ask my dad...and only after this month i can buy a phone..! :X

what is actually CDMA and why people prefer GSM over CDMA ?

This thread might help - Basics about CDMA / EVDO

I have a GSM card..and want to port out to CDMA..because of cheap EVDO and great speeds in EVDO ..

EVDO works out to be cheaper than HSPA in some larger volume packs but in my experience I have found out that the speeds offered by GSM HSPA is much better. Also the coverage is ever expanding.

1) Should i change my operator to Reliance / TATA / MTS - u have to , mts is only for mumbai and goa circles

2) I am a SMSholic and average Data user ..what are perfect plans for me ..( EVDO needed) - in reliance 94 for 6 montha free SMS and 1gb data per month for 6 months, otherwise 39 rs per month with 1ps/msg

3) Should i really change to CDMA? - your choice, u will have no option to stick ur operator even if u dont have enough coverge cos u cant throw your costly handset out

4) Would it be hassle free when changing handsets.. - not really

Hello all,

i have been thinking most of the days...what is actually CDMA and why people prefer GSM over CDMA ?

Suggestions Needed for the following:

i am really confused...please help me out

Thanks for looking here! :):D

by now, you have got multiple answers for all the questions you have raised, giving you enough clarity about benefits of CDMA.

With recent data plans launched by reliance, CDMA has become highly desirable service. I have been with CDMA since DAPO days (2002) & believe me coverage wise it is far better than any other good service provider. I am from GJ & CDMA coverage is very good. Including data services.

Plans like 94 recharge in prepaid & All share 499 in post paid, are good offers available recently.

Thanks for all suggestions ..for more questions i will post it here...if it arises in my mind..the feeling reminds me of

"daar ke aagay jeet hai!"

IN Gujarat we have also Super Value 349 Plans.....1500mins( or equal seconds,500 sms,200gb data(2G) Very nice offer from RCOM ...You can go for it...dude... :thumbup:

Would suggest to go for reliance cdma only as its one of the greatest network having good sms plans and as u can see post about 94 plan of data and rest which is a big gift for us....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

IN Gujarat we have also Super Value 349 Plans.....1500mins( or equal seconds,500 sms,200gb data(2G) Very nice offer from RCOM ...You can go for it...dude... :thumbup:

Can you share more details about this plan ? link, plan details etc...

The problem with Tata is that they will not register a foreign MEID.

Unfortunately, the best and latest handsets are only available outside of the telcos so getting MEID registration and EVDO activation is a must. In this regard you will find most sellers only offering Reliance and maybe MTS capably units.

Can you share more details about this plan ? link, plan details etc...

No details on website available...you need to visit Reliance web world... I am using this plan since last two months...and have paid 2 bills...its great offer similar to airtell and Idea

Plan 1500 mins per month Local / STD ( or equal seconds) 500 sms/pmonth,200gb data/month Plan Charge Rs.349+S.T.

The problem with Tata is that they will not register a foreign MEID.

Unfortunately, the best and latest handsets are only available outside of the telcos so getting MEID registration and EVDO activation is a must. In this regard you will find most sellers only offering Reliance and maybe MTS capably units.

Most reputed sellers activate on Tata for extra cost, you might want to explore that.

200gb data(2G) Very nice offer from RCOM ..

:Sorprendido:

can anyone use 200 gb /month on 2G.. that too on a network like Reliance GSM :depressed:

can anyone use 200 gb /month on 2G.. that too on a network like Reliance GSM :depressed:

:bash: .....sorry its 200mb(how can it be 200gb)....lolz... :giggle: in 349 bucks