Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dr.faramroze

Can we manually enter MIN after *228 request?

I have a friend's Sprint Galaxy Nexus S 4G to be workable on RCDMA. MEID is registered well and clean confirmation SMS was recieved. After putting NAM manually, we contacted Reliance WW yesterday evening, as always Reliance system for MEID swap was down and assurance of 24 hours was given. The friend had a OMH ruim previously linked to his number. Query is as of now still the *228001 does not go though and says your phone cannot be activated. I have screencasted his MIN on his laptop, Can I manually update the MIN to start on Reliance network?

yes. you can enter the min no. via cdma workshop manually. i have done it previously in a friends nexus s 4g.

• Like 1

Yes you can write MIN manually, But, you wont be able to activate EVDO, or change plan, etc.

Bcoz OTAP flag is still set in HLR. There is a way to do, but it cant be discussed.

• Like 1

Yes you can write MIN manually, But, you wont be able to activate EVDO, or change plan, etc.

Bcoz OTAP flag is still set in HLR. There is a way to do, but it cant be discussed.

But is this workaround troublesome and lengthy?

Getstat gives not available for prepaid GSK, postpaid GSK and HCC now. But *228001 still says phone cannot be activated. Can we feed MIN from *#*#msl#*#* service menu or by qpst? What could be the problem?

Edit-Solution: Entered MIN from ws and it started. Thank you.

Sent from my Sensation XL using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.faramroze

The handset seems to work well on RCDMA but a few niggles are still there:

1. Cell reception is utterly poor.

2. Though in 1x area, 3G indicator remains constant.

3. Incall voice quality is horrible.

I have some prl files I am afraid it can make phone go into bootloop. There is no info of programming/prl near owner or seller. Can the problem be solved by flashing a specific prl?

Sent from my Sensation XL using Tapatalk

Nexus s 4G has poorest radio I have seen.

Updating prl can not resolved voice quality problem. Reliance is very liberal about prl used so unless there is no network or no evdo prl may not solve any of your problems.

Few more Nexus S activated on Reliance CDMA today. All had to be fed MIN manually after Ww visit.

Sent from Sensation XE using Tapatalk

help needed

I use epic 4g touch...three weeks ago I tried to flash stock to through odin. but when the phone rebooted it was showing no signal.

I tried to write prl, nam and nv files but no effect. then I tried to write those parameters by using password in cdma ws 2.7. but still no profit.

please developers help me. I don't know if this thread is appropriate for such queries or not...sorry if I'm posting on wrong thread.

please help me as I'm unable to use my phone from like 20_30 days.

I'll be glad if someone helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2